Jump to content

Dream mock draft...


Recommended Posts

I decided to try the fanspeak mock draft out of boredom... I know its far fetched considering some of these guys were amazingly still available. However imo this would be a heck of a haul. Tell me what you guys think and see if you can go on fanspeak and post your results. Im interested to see if someone comes up with a better group. Just tired of seeing the same mocks. 

 This draft and singing zach line would make me a very happy man. Lol

 

Screenshot_20180319-032650.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gradybaby33 said:

I decided to try the fanspeak mock draft out of boredom... I know its far fetched considering some of these guys were amazingly still available. However imo this would be a heck of a haul. Tell me what you guys think and see if you can go on fanspeak and post your results. Im interested to see if someone comes up with a better group. Just tired of seeing the same mocks. 

 This draft and singing zach line would make me a very happy man. Lol

 

Screenshot_20180319-032650.png

  • I prefer Taven Bryan at 26
  • Love Gesicki at 58 (doubt he's there)
  • Daniels would be a quite a get in the 3rd (doubt he's there),
  • I love Shaq's story, heart and all that but that hand will always be a liability no matter how good the rest of him is.  He's a super athlete and I think he will find success but I don't think he will ever be great.  Still might be an upgrade on Riley tho as I can only see him playing Will or moving to Safety.
  • Unless I missed something, no way BJ Hill is waiting for his name to be called on Day 3.
  • Fine with Alexander but doubt he would pass the Falcon filter.
  • I really don't see JT.  He's not nearly as athletic as you would think or all that accurate when I've seen him.  We do need a developmental QB but JT strikes me as a discount Tyrod Taylor.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:
  • I prefer Taven Bryan at 26
  • Love Gesicki at 58 (doubt he's there)
  • Daniels would be a quite a get in the 3rd (doubt he's there),
  • I love Shaq's story, heart and all that but that hand will always be a liability no matter how good the rest of him is.  He's a super athlete and I think he will find success but I don't think he will ever be great.  Still might be an upgrade on Riley tho as I can only see him playing Will or moving to Safety.
  • Unless I missed something, no way BJ Hill is waiting for his name to be called on Day 3.
  • Fine with Alexander but doubt he would pass the Falcon filter.
  • I really don't see JT.  He's not nearly as athletic as you would think or all that accurate when I've seen him.  We do need a developmental QB but JT strikes me as a discount Tyrod Taylor.

Pass rushers play with a club on their hand all the time. Griffin will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Pass rushers play with a club on their hand all the time. Griffin will be fine.

No disagreement, but I don't see Shaq as a serious pass rusher at 225lbs (he doesn't have the frame to get much bigger).  He's a WILL linebacker to me and the hand matters more at that position.  I don't want anyone to get it wrong, I think he is a solid 4th-5th round talent for some team...maybe even 3rd if you got the picks.  His athleticism will allow him to make some plays that others can't.  His hand will make it hard for him to make some tackles or get his hands on some balls that other could.   I'm not trying to be mean and I do think he can succeed but he would not be my choice for the Falcons in any round except 6th (I'd take him in 5th if we had one).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

No disagreement, but I don't see Shaq as a serious pass rusher at 225lbs (he doesn't have the frame to get much bigger).  He's a WILL linebacker to me and the hand matters more at that position.  I don't want anyone to get it wrong, I think he is a solid 4th-5th round talent for some team...maybe even 3rd if you got the picks.  His athleticism will allow him to make some plays that others can't.  His hand will make it hard for him to make some tackles or get his hands on some balls that other could.   I'm not trying to be mean and I do think he can succeed but he would not be my choice for the Falcons in any round except 6th (I'd take him in 5th if we had one).

Jim Abbot had a solid MLB career with only one hand. He’s definitely an unknown but he runs a 4.3 - I think he’s worth a 4th round pick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, please explain the Tim Settle hype!!!  He seriously had a bad combine and has at least a 80 lbs spare tire hanging on his gut.  He looks out of shape, he looks like he spends more time at golden coral than the weight room.

Help me see what you guys are seeing, cause I'm not sure he can survive training camp in the ga heat, let alone play ball in the NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Guys, please explain the Tim Settle hype!!!  He seriously had a bad combine and has at least a 80 lbs spare tire hanging on his gut.  He looks out of shape, he looks like he spends more time at golden coral than the weight room.

Help me see what you guys are seeing, cause I'm not sure he can survive training camp in the ga heat, let alone play ball in the NFL. 

Look at the tape. The combine should never trump the tape. He plays with great pad level, and explodes off of the ball. I'd go so far as to say that Tremaine Edmunds was helped greatly by Settle's play.

 

LOOK AT THE TAPE!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing around with fanspeak, I came away with this draft. I simply went with whoever was at the top of the draft board at the pick, except the Mr. Irrelevent pick, decided to give th UGA homers something. Even then, he wasn't that far down.

1. Vita Vea DL

2. Mike Gesicki TE

3. Calvin Ridley WR

4. Harrison Phillips DL

6. Leon Jacobs LB

7. Damon Webb S

7. Trenton Thompson DL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

G DAWG I think you gave seen UGA more then I have but in talking to some of the players I think we are forgetting UGA tackle Trent Thompson I think he is just as good as Hurst or the DT from Florida. We can get Trent Thompson in 2nd or 3rd. I also think the Dawgs Bellamy would be a good get in the 4th. But we know TD will find a way to keep from drafting a DAWG. I feel like TD didn't want Wynn and went for Fusso instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Playing around with fanspeak, I came away with this draft. I simply went with whoever was at the top of the draft board at the pick, except the Mr. Irrelevent pick, decided to give th UGA homers something. Even then, he wasn't that far down.

1. Vita Vea DL

2. Mike Gesicki TE

3. Calvin Ridley WR

4. Harrison Phillips DL

6. Leon Jacobs LB

7. Damon Webb S

7. Trenton Thompson DL

I don't know that Ridley will make it out of the 1st round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

 

This reminds me of FF leagues with only 8 teams....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah that’s what I was saying. Fanspeak did the same for me. I put on “difficult” mode which was supposed to be more realistic, but guys were still available that shouldn’t be 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...