So this draft...

I wote this in another thread and It was kinda off topic from the conversation. So I decided to create this thread because I really want to know how many would feel about this. 

I feel we are going OG first round in the draft then DT in the second. It makes since to create competition on the oline to protect the pocket for there money man Matty ice. Go DT in the second to get that young quick Dline DQ loves. Then in the third they may even go TE. All the moves they have been making during free agency so far that it makes since to go this route IMO.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still some potential candidates at positions of need available.  We know we can't get the top rated (and most expensive) ones.  Give a few more days for the spider webs to accumulate on the leftovers and accumulate a couple of cheap signings for depth and maybe a potential starter or two.  That's how we got Clayborne and several others.

20 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

We signed a guard and you think we will draft another...

Don't be foolish, just because we signed Fusco, does not completely rule out drafting a guard in the first round. Signing Fusco does help deciding between DT or Guard in the first round, but anything can happen in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Don't be foolish, just because we signed Fusco, does not completely rule out drafting a guard in the first round. Signing Fusco does help deciding between DT or Guard in the first round, but anything can happen in the draft. 

If Quienten Nelson drops to 26 then I'll believe we draft a guard in the first round. 

If we waste a first on a guard this team is toast.

11 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

If Quienten Nelson drops to 26 then I'll believe we draft a guard in the first round. 

If we waste a first on a guard this team is toast.

Exactly what I was going to say... unless Nelson drops to 26, there’s virtually no way they draft a G in the first two rounds. I see DT basically all the way... that’s the only explanation for why they let Poe go to a division rival for a marginal pay raise 

1 hour ago, ATLsuperfan247 said:

I wote this in another thread and It was kinda off topic from the conversation. So I decided to create this thread because I really want to know how many would feel about this. 

I feel we are going OG first round in the draft then DT in the second. It makes since to create competition on the oline to protect the pocket for there money man Matty ice. Go DT in the second to get that young quick Dline DQ loves. Then in the third they may even go TE. All the moves they have been making during free agency so far that it makes since to go this route IMO.

We have the 2nd rated OL in the NFL, better to give MR2 a 4 year 100 million guaranteed contract (not the 6 year 180 million being bantered around) and draft a young QB and an early round WR. Despite what people on this board are saying MR2 is on the down slope of the bell curve of his career. He's an old looking 33. 

4 hours ago, NobisFan60 said:

We have the 2nd rated OL in the NFL, better to give MR2 a 4 year 100 million guaranteed contract (not the 6 year 180 million being bantered around) and draft a young QB and an early round WR. Despite what people on this board are saying MR2 is on the down slope of the bell curve of his career. He's an old looking 33. 

Glad you aren't the GM. That's one of the worst ideas I've seen on here in quite a while and that's saying a lot.

4 hours ago, NobisFan60 said:

Actually if the 6 year 180 mill is the bench mark for the extension the actual deal will be a 7 yr 202 mill deal actually because you have to include the last year of Ryan's current deal.

So Ryan's per year average dependent on structure and how it's written will be in the 27 and change range per year.

6 hours ago, ATLsuperfan247 said:

Yeah, or long snapper no doubt.

:ninja:

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Glad you aren't the GM. That's one of the worst ideas I've seen on here in quite a while and that's saying a lot.

And the GM's are doing such a good job or keeping key players and overpaying others. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. 8-8 next season, we're broke, but these top 3 paid players aren't: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/contracts/ gotta replace Poe and Clay on the cheap. And one injury away from 39 year old Schaub. Actually I'd feel better putting in Sanu, he throws 50 yarders on target and has a perfect passer rating. 

4 minutes ago, NobisFan60 said:

And the GM's are doing such a good job or keeping key players and overpaying others. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. 8-8 next season, we're broke, but these top 3 paid players aren't: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/contracts/ gotta replace Poe and Clay on the cheap. And one injury away from 39 year old Schaub. Actually I'd feel better putting in Sanu, he throws 50 yarders on target and has a perfect passer rating. 

Stick to being a fan man your doing better at it than thinking your anything close to knowing what your talking about building a team.

Good to see you copy and paste an article don't mention the Ryan extension or the Toilolo money that hasn't been added as it a Jun 1 addition but ok keep typing.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Stick to be a fan man your doing better at it than thinking your anything close to knowing what your talking about building a team.

Ryan is so good we have zero Lombardi's. If the OC calls a **** play he doesn't have the cohones to change the play at the line. He does have a capital "C" on his jersey. My 8 year old daughter said "why didn't they run it?" Like they run Free up the middle for a 1/2 yard every first down. Ryan will go down as blowing a 28-3 lead at half-time in the Super Bowl and giving Brady GOAT status. 

Edited by NobisFan60

8 minutes ago, NobisFan60 said:

Ryan is so good we have zero Lombardi's. If the OC calls a **** play he doesn't have the cohones to change the play at the line. He does have a capital "C" on his jersey. My 8 year old daughter said "why didn't they run it?" Like they run Free up the middle for a 1/2 yard every first down. Ryan will go down as blowing a 28-3 lead at half-time and giving Brady GOAT status. 

And.

Living in the past how's that helping the situation?

If you don't like Ryan who else you got?

15 minutes ago, NobisFan60 said:

I'm too tired and it would take me too much time to break how many different ways in which this post is wrong.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

And.

Living in the past how's that helping that helping the situation?

If you don't like Ryan who else you got?

I'm saying we have two QB's on the roster, one 33 and one 39. Add a third in the draft, let Schaub's contract run out at the end of '18 and don't resign him. Let all the other teams get their starting QB's and offer Ryan a 4 year 100 million dollar contract, with a 2 year incentive option. 6 Years 180 is nutz, he's not in as good of shape as a Brett Favre or Tom Brady to play until 39.