Jump to content

Something bigger than FA...


Recommended Posts

A lot of the usual crying on the board of the lack of FA movement...but one thing is far more important to me(although obviously an independent factor not related to FA):

Hows Sark coming along? Since Quinn is questionably saddling himself to him...is he going to make the necessary steps to liven things up for our O.

Thats going to be the biggest impact on this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ki46dinah said:

A lot of the usual crying on the board of the lack of FA movement...but one thing is far more important to me(although obviously an independent factor not related to FA):

Hows Sark coming along? Since Quinn is questionably saddling himself to him...is he going to make the necessary steps to liven things up for our O.

Thats going to be the biggest impact on this team.

I don't see it as crying when your the least bit active yet your pieces are getting plucked away by teams you're trying to beat.. Our offense ain't gone mean sheet if the defense can't stop anyone.. You were here for the sb right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I don't see it as crying when your the least bit active yet your pieces are getting plucked away by teams you're trying to beat.. Our offense ain't gone mean sheet if the defense can't stop anyone.. You were here for the sb right? 

So you lose 2 players and automatically the defense sucks? Incoming rookies literally have zero chance on this board. No one has a clue what will happen before the season starts. You don’t have to blow 100 million to become a contender. Coaching is everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

A lot of the usual crying on the board of the lack of FA movement...but one thing is far more important to me(although obviously an independent factor not related to FA):

Hows Sark coming along? Since Quinn is questionably saddling himself to him...is he going to make the necessary steps to liven things up for our O.

Thats going to be the biggest impact on this team.

So it's crying to complain about lack of free agent signings, but not complaining about lack of a successful offense under Sark?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Falcon fans since FA started...I hope for the rest of our sakes that Matt gets his deal done so TD AND DQ SIGN SOMEONE OMG so we get the final reaction in this gif.

OQf1tiB.gif

For real.  Some of you acting like a spoiled little girl whose father won't buy them everything they want.  Grow the eff up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you lose 2 players and automatically the defense sucks? Incoming rookies literally have zero chance on this board. No one has a clue what will happen before the season starts. You don’t have to blow 100 million to become a contender. Coaching is everything. 

We hit home runs with Neal and Debo, no doubt. But relying on rookies for significant snaps instead of having them learn is how you get a Duke Riley situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

We hit home runs with Neal and Debo, no doubt. But relying on rookies for significant snaps instead of having them learn is how you get a Duke Riley situation.

So duke Riley clearly has no shot at improving?  If I remember correctly this very board, yourself included maybe, wanted Campbell benched and replaced his rookie year and then last season it was nothing but praise. 

One thing to remember and it’s important, every single player that’s getting these big contracts struggled at one point in their career and still have things they struggle with. There aren’t many that come in day one and play all pro football instantly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

So duke Riley clearly has no shot at improving?  If I remember correctly this very board, yourself included maybe, wanted Campbell benched and replaced his rookie year and then last season it was nothing but praise. 

One thing to remember and it’s important, every single player that’s getting these big contracts struggled at one point in their career and still have things they struggle with. There aren’t many that come in day one and play all pro football instantly

I never wanted Campbell benched. 

I'm saying to rely on a guy who whiffed last year to step up instead of bringing in a vet to give him competition is a huge risk, especially for a contender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you lose 2 players and automatically the defense sucks? Incoming rookies literally have zero chance on this board. No one has a clue what will happen before the season starts. You don’t have to blow 100 million to become a contender. Coaching is everything. 

Anywhere in my post did I say our defense sucks? We lost a kog in the middle and our leading sacker from last year and you think our defense is improving? Yall can be as optimistic as yall want, I don't get on yall for that. But me hoping and wishing doesn't do much for me. Teams that were stronger are getting stronger, while we to this point have not done much to get better let alone make up for our defencincies.. Besides a possible starting guard from the 9ers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, stizz said:

Campbell was nowhere near as bad as Riley was his rookie year.

If memory serves me right, Campbell didn't have a knee injury and surgery his rookie year either that would've impeded any rookie's chances at development.  I give Duke a flyer for his rookie season and hopefully he can show improvement this next season before I count him as a liability and/or a wasted draft pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, falconfansince66 said:

If memory serves me right, Campbell didn't have a knee injury and surgery his rookie year either that would've impeded any rookie's chances at development.  I give Duke a flyer for his rookie season and hopefully he can show improvement this next season before I count him as a liability and/or a wasted draft pick.

He was bad before the injury. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Anywhere in my post did I say our defense sucks? We lost a kog in the middle and our leading sacker from last year and you think our defense is improving? Yall can be as optimistic as yall want, I don't get on yall for that. But me hoping and wishing doesn't do much for me. Teams that were stronger are getting stronger, while we to this point have not done much to get better let alone make up for our defencincies.. Besides a possible starting guard from the 9ers

Poe was good but no where near as special as what Grady displayed. Clayborn racked up a huge percentage of his sacks against a 3rd stringer. I know y’all don’t care how he got them yadda yadda but that Did not make him anything special. Outside of that one game he was average as ****. So they didn’t lose much at all if we’re gonna be realistic. Teams are doing what they’re able to do which is spend money. Thank your man td for that. Last I remember most of the board was excited when all these big contracts were dished out to tru, Alf, Julio, free and Ryan. Let’s not forget the love for picking up the 5th year options on players who haven’t truly played up to those cap hits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

He was bad before the injury. 

I thought Duke showed some potential during the pre-season last year.  He just needs to work on tackling and positioning and that can be coached upon unlike speed.  Hopefully Duke's at 100 percent healthy this season and then we'll see if he turns the corner.  He was a bit raw when we drafted him.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Anywhere in my post did I say our defense sucks? We lost a kog in the middle and our leading sacker from last year and you think our defense is improving? Yall can be as optimistic as yall want, I don't get on yall for that. But me hoping and wishing doesn't do much for me. Teams that were stronger are getting stronger, while we to this point have not done much to get better let alone make up for our defencincies.. Besides a possible starting guard from the 9ers

I am with you 100%... i have to laugh when I read some of the arguments put forward on this board. With the exception of the Falcons, EVERY contender has made a move this free agency, there was talent at every position and every age group at every price. If we didn't need a player like Poe, why did we sign him last free agency then. Not sure how many persons were doing the math, but Schaub signed a $9m/2yrs deal and never saw the field once. Our leader in sacks just went to a contender for peanuts... with a $3m signing bonus, we could have used the same Schaub deal to keep Clay. If money was the issue, I'd also rather Clay for two years than Fusco for three... cuz we could have gotten a guard in the draft. You don't replace Poe with a rookie and expect there won't be a drop-off. You didn't say it but I will, unless we wake up in free agency our defense will be worse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I am with you 100%... i have to laugh when I read some of the arguments put forward on this board. With the exception of the Falcons, EVERY contender has made a move this free agency, there was talent at every position and every age group at every price. If we didn't need a player like Poe, why did we sign him last free agency then. Not sure how many persons were doing the math, but Schaub signed a $9m/2yrs deal and never saw the field once. Our leader in sacks just went to a contender for peanuts... with a $3m signing bonus, we could have used the same Schaub deal to keep Clay. If money was the issue, I'd also rather Clay for two years than Fusco for three... cuz we could have gotten a guard in the draft. You don't replace Poe with a rookie and expect there won't be a drop-off. You didn't say it but I will, unless we wake up in free agency our defense will be worse

How do you wake up in free agency when you have no money to wake up to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

A lot of the usual crying on the board of the lack of FA movement...but one thing is far more important to me(although obviously an independent factor not related to FA):

Hows Sark coming along? Since Quinn is questionably saddling himself to him...is he going to make the necessary steps to liven things up for our O.

Thats going to be the biggest impact on this team.

At this point in time I think the DQ recognised Sark needed help so they acted and brought in Knapp.Also I have to think another year of familiarity has to help the offense and the mentioned gel better together.

Execution across the board also needs to improve players and coaches.Its linked to the above mentioned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

See Patriots.... that actually had less cap space than us but have already added Clay, Danny Shelton and Jeremy Hill

They also lost players in the process and what are those cap hits?  Shelton only counts 2 mill against the patriots cap. Spoctrac has zero cap info for clay. And I’m almost certain they didn’t break the bank for hill 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I am with you 100%... i have to laugh when I read some of the arguments put forward on this board. With the exception of the Falcons, EVERY contender has made a move this free agency, there was talent at every position and every age group at every price. If we didn't need a player like Poe, why did we sign him last free agency then. Not sure how many persons were doing the math, but Schaub signed a $9m/2yrs deal and never saw the field once. Our leader in sacks just went to a contender for peanuts... with a $3m signing bonus, we could have used the same Schaub deal to keep Clay. If money was the issue, I'd also rather Clay for two years than Fusco for three... cuz we could have gotten a guard in the draft. You don't replace Poe with a rookie and expect there won't be a drop-off. You didn't say it but I will, unless we wake up in free agency our defense will be worse

You mention the drop off how bout talking about the improvement around the position for example do you see Beasley Takk and Jarrett improving or do you think there talent is tapped out?

See this is the point your assuming a rookie has to come in and play at Poes level which is a joke the slack will be picked up around him and the mentioned just has to come in and do his job and develop.

As for Clayborn leaving I think it was planned to release him anyway.Whats the point in drafting a guy like Takk to sit him back and watch as a situational pass rusher we did that last year and now with the mentioned release Takk gets more playing time in the rotation with Reed and Beasley.

The idea that the FO just sits in there offices and let's stuff like this happen is a joke.There professionals and tough decisions and planning are there jobs the above 2 moves are exactly that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...