$100,000,000 contracts

Dark Wings

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Random drive thru story.

I got off work one night and decided to grab some Taco Bell. I ordered a sweet tea and when I get to the window I see her tipping the sweet tea container to try and get more out and then she walked away. Obviously it was out so I was sad and she comes back to hand me my drink so I told her "if I take a sip of this tea and I find out you put unsweetened tea in here I'm gonna throw it back at you" she slowly pulled it back and asked me what I'd like instead.

I felt like a jerk but man I was tired and irritated :lol:

Good old fashioned soda bomb eh? Savagery lol 

Edited by MoFalconsFan56

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Random drive thru story.

I got off work one night and decided to grab some Taco Bell. I ordered a sweet tea and when I get to the window I see her tipping the sweet tea container to try and get more out and then she walked away. Obviously it was out so I was sad and she comes back to hand me my drink so I told her "if I take a sip of this tea and I find out you put unsweetened tea in here I'm gonna throw it back at you" she slowly pulled it back and asked me what I'd like instead.

Lol....the scene probably had her looking like

:yikes:

22 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Random drive thru story.

Lmaoo it be like that sometimes..

On 3/16/2018 at 10:34 PM, Captain Insano said:

Ryan is far from a handicap..do I want him to sign cheap yeah, but you have to be real..would you sign for less?..NO!..in the end it is a business and you have to look out for #1..not everyone in the league has the luxury of having a supermodel wife that makes more money than you do as a multi million dollar per year qb..Tom Brady has that luxury

Yeah and some people want to act like these other, lesser qbs will be willing to take a pay cut to come play for the Falcons, LMAO!!  LOL 

The qb position as a whole has went up in price, even for ****** ones.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:34 AM, Dark Wings said:

I think the biggest takeaway is that no QB that has won a super bowl, or multiple super bowls for that matter, have won a Super Bowl after getting paid the $100,000,000 payday. Not one. Not Aaron Rodgers, not Big Ben, not Russell Wilson, not Drew Brees. I guess Brady IS just in a class by himelf. Fook the money, I want to win. Ryan’a Legacy will be nothing. Yes he will have 300 plus million dollars, but he will have more what ifs. This season will not go well. Sark is a joke, the defense is now thin and dependent on rookies. I’m just amazed at where we’re at from even a year ago. This team gets what it deserves. Poor decision after poor decision. Oh well, Go Dawgs!!!

More than 300 million what ifs? I don't feel like that's possible.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:28 PM, RubberDucky said:

$72 million

$104 Million

Say he gave us a discount for $25M a year on a 6 year dead, thats $150 Million.

That's $326 Million dollars, not counting sponsors and endorsements. His family is likely set for the next 10 generations already, especially since he doesn't seem to be fiscally irresponsible. He makes more in interest and investments than the money he would leave on the table for us.

I'd take $326M, a couple super bowl rings and a cemented legacy (i.e. immortality) over $356M and being forgotten when I'm gone.

Not saying it makes him a bad dude to take the cash, was just saying where my priorities would lie.

Georgia pays 43% into taxes so $140,180,000 is already gone before he cashes his checks. so he only really has 185+ left over.  

3 hours ago, 28-3 said:

To the OP, serious question. Would you take a voluntary pay cut at your job? I'm asking seriously.

Honestly I see it from this POV, anyone here can say hey me as a person I would take less money for the better of the team because we don't make millions of dollars like they do.  I myself would for sure take millions of dollars to play this game, heck i'd take hundred of thousands if I was still good enough to play lol.  But, we aren't forced to make that decision so it's not tough for us to have to think about it.  I just gave the example that 43% of MR 326 million will go to Georgia taxes, so essentially almost half he will never see.  We also don't pay for personal accountants and such regularly.  Just IMO I see it as we see the number as a whole (100 million dollars) and don't see that at least half of that due to taxes and other expenses, such as agent fees and others are taken into account.  I know endorsements and sponsors are not taken into the consideration when talking about his contract but why should they be?  That's his own money.  If you were paid as a contractor for a big business but made extra money on the side doing that should what you make on your own time be considered into your normal job? I don't think it should.  

Plus with the NFL making BILLIONS of money each year why would you NOT want to make as much as you can.  I can only speak for myself when I say if offered the money at over 180-190 million, I would first consider myself because that's how this plays out.  If MR was to sign a less valued contract, and get a career ending injury, the team would be able to cut ties with him and not have to pay him anything outside of his guarantees for that contract.  They would not pay him anything afterwards for his time and service and whatever issues came along he have to be self sufficient in every meaning of the word.  I CAN see how since he has made so much money I can take the time NOW and consider if I would take a deal, but with the league advancing how it is and contracts becoming more and more outrageous, why not get yours why you can, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

6 hours ago, 28-3 said:

To the OP, serious question. Would you take a voluntary pay cut at your job? I'm asking seriously.

Unfortunately, my job is not a game, and my reward for hard work is not lifetime prestige. I’m just tired of Ryan’s piss poor excuse of, “I don’t get involved with contracts. I just let my agent handle it.” If I were lucky enough to be talented enough to play in this league, I would most certainly get paid a fair salary while making **** sure I was on the best team possible. I am competitive and would want to win championships. What’s the point if not, just to make money? That’s hollow. I’m sorry. I know I’m in the minority. Money isn’t everything. I just think the best thing for the team is to trade him and take our chances elsewhere, because the $180,000,000 contract is the end of our chances to win a super bowl.