$100,000,000 contracts

Dark Wings

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Only 27 players have ever signed a contract worth over $100m. Most if those in the last 10 years. So historically speaking this stat is kind of irrelevant

I think the biggest takeaway is that no QB that has won a super bowl, or multiple super bowls for that matter, have won a Super Bowl after getting paid the $100,000,000 payday. Not one. Not Aaron Rodgers, not Big Ben, not Russell Wilson, not Drew Brees. I guess Brady IS just in a class by himelf. Fook the money, I want to win. Ryan’a Legacy will be nothing. Yes he will have 300 plus million dollars, but he will have more what ifs. This season will not go well. Sark is a joke, the defense is now thin and dependent on rookies. I’m just amazed at where we’re at from even a year ago. This team gets what it deserves. Poor decision after poor decision. Oh well, Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by Dark Wings

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Does anyone else hate when they order a large drink and they barely give you any ice and it melts before you get home?

Only if it's sweet tea. I'll drink a whole gallon of milos but I needs me some ice. That said, I prefer soda with little ice which is why I buy cans opposed to 2 liters. #MountainDewCodeRed4Lyfe

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Only if it's sweet tea. I'll drink a whole gallon of milos but I needs me some ice. That said, I prefer soda with little ice which is why I buy cans opposed to 2 liters. #MountainDewCodeRed4Lyfe

I always get sweet tea. That's my crack man.

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I've seen those at stores and a lot of people bought them when I worked at Kroger in highschool but never tried them. I'm gonna grab one after I get a cut.

Arnold Palmers are traditionally unsweetened tea w lemonade tho. Now SWEET tea w lemonade is delicious but Arnold Palmers to me, much like golf, are bland and leave you wishing you made a different decision w your time 

Edited by MoFalconsFan56

6 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Now THIS is how you off-season! 

If you had to choose your last meal what would it be? 

A pulled pork BBQ sandwich from a place here called Willie's, a side of Kraft Mac and cheese, some Busch baked beans, garlic roll and a boneless fried chicken breast with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ (love that stuff) a chili cheese dog and a glass of sweet tea

I went all out

28 minutes ago, Dark Wings said:

I think the biggest takeaway is that no QB that has won a super bowl, or multiple super bowls for that matter, have won a Super Bowl after getting paid the $100,000,000 payday. Not one. Not Aaron Rodgers, not Big Ben, not Russell Wilson, not Drew Brees. I guess Brady IS just in a class by himelf. Fook the money, I want to win. Ryan’a Legacy will be nothing. Yes he will have 300 plus million dollars, but he will have more what ifs. This season will not go well. Sark is a joke, the defense is now thin and dependent on rookies. I’m just amazed at where we’re at from even a year ago. This team gets what it deserves. Poor decision after poor decision. Oh well, Go Dawgs!!!

Brees has never signed a 100 mil deal.

What part of "small sample size" do you not understand? 15 QBs have had 100 mil contracts, 3 of them just signed their deals this off season, that's 12 that could possibly have won it. Vick's second and Dalton's contracts weren't actually 100 mil deals, that's 10 that could possibly have won it, Five were 8-12 year deals, 100 mil over 8-12 years doesn't hurt your cap and  is irrelevant to your point. That leaves 5 deals.

So, 5 QBs in the history of the league have signed 20 mil a year/100 mil deals out of the 100's of NFL QBs and not one has won a Super Bowl. 

So? small sample size. One of those was Luck, who got hurt, another was Vick, who got sent to prison, another was Flacco, who got way overpaid, Ryan missed a super bowl win because of stupidity by his OC, not because of  his contract.  Not nearly as impressive a stat if you look at it in context.

19 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

A pulled pork BBQ sandwich from a place here called Willie's, a side of Kraft Mac and cheese, some Busch baked beans, garlic roll and a boneless fried chicken breast with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ (love that stuff) a chili cheese dog and a glass of sweet tea

I went all out

Dude. HeII yes! I always knew we'd get along lol. Sweet baby rays is the shiiiiiit too, honey bbq is my jam.

If I had a last meal it would be tacos de lengua (cow tongue tacos) from this place called Rosalés in Indiana. Double corn tortilla w cilantro, onions, queso fresco, avocado and their home made salsa. I could probably eat 6 of those things on a good day lol. I usually wash em down w a Red Bull or a jarritos. If you ever get an opportunity to try those tacos man you have to seize it! 

Edited by MoFalconsFan56

16 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Dude. HeII yes! I always knew we'd get along lol. Sweet baby rays is the shiiiiiit too, honey bbq is my jam.

If I had a last meal it would be tacos de lengua (cow tongue tacos) from this place called Rosalés in Indiana. Double corn tortilla w cilantro, onions, queso fresco, avocado and their home made salsa. I could probably eat 6 of those things on a good day lol. I usually wash em down w a Red Bull or a jarritos. If you ever get an opportunity to try those tacos man you have to seize it! 

I def will bro, sounds awesome.

49 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Now THIS is how you off-season! 

If you had to choose your last meal what would it be? 

Well it would be lasagna that's my favorite dish but it would have to be made by the finest of course..a nice Salad..garlic rolls..and blue bell chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream..I'm simple I could die happy with those things 

59 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I've seen those at stores and a lot of people bought them when I worked at Kroger in highschool but never tried them. I'm gonna grab one after I get a cut.

Oh yeah and if you see Arizona sweet tea pink lemonade mix man that's pure heaven in your mouth..I'm sad that I can't find anymore where I am..

55 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Arnold Palmers are traditionally unsweetened tea w lemonade tho. Now SWEET tea w lemonade is delicious but Arnold Palmers to me, much like golf, are bland and leave you wishing you made a different decision w your time 

Nah get that Arizona sweet tea pink lemonade mix like I was just telling yo dude it will change your life lmao 

6 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Well it would be lasagna that's my favorite dish but it would have to be made by the finest of course..a nice Salad..garlic rolls..and blue bell chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream..I'm simple I could die happy with those things 

Hard to top a good lasagna man, whether it's vegetarian or w meat. I might have that for dinner now come to think of it, extra ricotta! 

Random drive thru story.

I got off work one night and decided to grab some Taco Bell. I ordered a sweet tea and when I get to the window I see her tipping the sweet tea container to try and get more out and then she walked away. Obviously it was out so I was sad and she comes back to hand me my drink so I told her "if I take a sip of this tea and I find out you put unsweetened tea in here I'm gonna throw it back at you" she slowly pulled it back and asked me what I'd like instead.

I felt like a jerk but man I was tired and irritated :lol: