$100,000,000 contracts

Dark Wings

Only one player in history has won a Super Bowl after signing a $100,000,000 contract. That was Fletcher Cox this past year. This is a team game, and Matt Ryan is screwing this team. If he wants to win so bad, he needs to share with his “Brotherhood”. If a 5 time SB champion can take a pay cut to make the team better, than a qb with a losing record in the playoffs can. Ryan is a handicap, and we will not win with him at the helm, especially with a $180,000,000 contract. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dark Wings said:

Only one player in history has won a Super Bowl after signing a $100,000,000 contract. That was Fletcher Cox this past year. This is a team game, and Matt Ryan is screwing this team. If he wants to win so bad, he needs to share with his “Brotherhood”. If a 5 time SB champion can take a pay cut to make the team better, than a qb with a losing record in the playoffs can. Ryan is a handicap, and we will not win with him at the helm, especially with a $180,000,000 contract. 

Ryan is far from a handicap..do I want him to sign cheap yeah, but you have to be real..would you sign for less?..NO!..in the end it is a business and you have to look out for #1..not everyone in the league has the luxury of having a supermodel wife that makes more money than you do as a multi million dollar per year qb..Tom Brady has that luxury

41 minutes ago, Captain Insano said:

Ryan is far from a handicap..do I want him to sign cheap yeah, but you have to be real..would you sign for less?..NO!..in the end it is a business and you have to look out for #1..not everyone in the league has the luxury of having a supermodel wife that makes more money than you do as a multi million dollar per year qb..Tom Brady has that luxury

Maybe its because I dont know what it's like to have that much cash, but as of now, yes I would.

I'd give the team that drafted me, treated me like a king for a decade and has already shelled out buku bucks on me a discount to build a quality roster around me to make another SB push. 25 Mil vs 30 Mil. Yea.

But I value my accomplishments in life over the money I've made.

Edited by RubberDucky

4 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Maybe its because I dont know what it's like to have that much cash, but as of now, yes I would.

I'd give the team that drafted me, treated me like a king for a decade and has already shelled out buku bucks on me a discount to build a quality roster around me to make another SB push. 25 Mil vs 30 Mil. Yea.

But I value my accomplishments in life over the money I've made.

Sorry but I’m taking the money..I’m setting my family up financially for years so my grandkid’s grandkids won’t have to worry about anything...we have the roster that can win a Super Bowl now so I’m getting what I can

11 minutes ago, Captain Insano said:

Sorry but I’m taking the money..I’m setting my family up financially for years so my grandkid’s grandkids won’t have to worry about anything...we have the roster that can win a Super Bowl now so I’m getting what I can

$72 million

$104 Million

Say he gave us a discount for $25M a year on a 6 year dead, thats $150 Million.

That's $326 Million dollars, not counting sponsors and endorsements. His family is likely set for the next 10 generations already, especially since he doesn't seem to be fiscally irresponsible. He makes more in interest and investments than the money he would leave on the table for us.

I'd take $326M, a couple super bowl rings and a cemented legacy (i.e. immortality) over $356M and being forgotten when I'm gone.

Not saying it makes him a bad dude to take the cash, was just saying where my priorities would lie.

Edited by RubberDucky

So, of those 100 mil contracts, 3 of them were signed by guys  this year, they haven't played a down since they signed the contract, don't think you should hold that against them.

Several more were proclaimed 100 mil deal but weren't- like Vick's second 100 mil contract- it had clauses that guaranteed that most of it voided out.  

Don't think anybody has played a 100 mil contract without restructuring or just getting cut.

Bigger picture is though, that over 22,000 men have played in the NFL, only 26 have had a 100 mil contract, probably closer to a dozen have had a true 100 mil contract. Most of the 100 mil contract have been since 2007, there's just no way to make any claim about 100 mil contracts because there have been so few of them so recently.