JG2008

No Poe, No Clayborn, No more money to pay FA’s - will the Falcons be worse or better after this offseason?

130 posts in this topic

No Poe, No Clayborn, No more money to pay FA’s - will the Falcons be worse or better after this offseason?

We better have a killer -almost perfect — draft because this off season isn’t looking to good so far.  I suppose it would be too much to wish for to have Matt Ryan sign a very team friendly new deal like Brady did years ago so that we could really build up the team. Yeah thats never going to happen here Ryan will get the max deal because that is what the market will bear. Unfortunately we have not managed our cap space very well and are really handcuffed at the moment as far as maneuvering to improve this team. We better have one helluva draft !!!

mqg96 and TX Falcon like this

As of right now after last season performance, and the lack of improvement this off season I have very little optimism for next season, as you've said we will need a killer draft to get anywhere 

mqg96 likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

You do realise we've drafted Clayborns replacement though right Jesus this place is priceless right now.

Hes on the roster right now so is Clayborn that much of a loss really.

People actin like children when their parents dont buy them the toy the want lol.  Crazy man.  Did you know FA was over?  Apparently it is.  There's also no draft.  May as well just cancel the season.

16 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

You do realise we've drafted Clayborns replacement though right Jesus this place is priceless right now.

Hes on the roster right now so is Clayborn that much of a loss really.

I literally can't with some of the people on this board right now people. The Whining, complaining and bellyaching is insane. We are three days in the free agency... 3. Over a month until the draft. There are still plenty of players to get for better deals.  Do you honestly think the front office is sitting there thinking, " hey we don't want to win games next year... let's not do anything?" I question the football IQ of half of the people on this message board

41 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

We better have a killer -almost perfect — draft because this off season isn’t looking to good so far.  I suppose it would be too much to wish for to have Matt Ryan sign a very team friendly new deal like Brady did years ago so that we could really build up the team. Yeah thats never going to happen here Ryan will get the max deal because that is what the market will bear. Unfortunately we have not managed our cap space very well and are really handcuffed at the moment as far as maneuvering to improve this team. We better have one helluva draft !!!

Totally agree. We still have the draft, the whole training camp/preseason, and the early part of the season before the trade deadline to get some FA guys, even if they are sleepers out there no one knows about but Dan Quinn believes he'll fit into our system well. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Luckily they aren't required to be replaced 3 days into free agency.

Thing is not how long FA has been going, rather can you get similar or better talent at this phase? 

We are a joke since LI. Last year no one thought we’d make it to the game. No one was surprised when we didn’t.

we aren’t the Browns, I give you that. We are the Falcons. Will they, won’t they every year. You think teams are scared to play us?

Anyone else think that the pats using outside money to lower Brady’s cap hit some bull$h!t or since it’s common knowledge that it’s all good? It’s obvious so shouldn’t the nfl look into this or no?

Anyone in their right minds should know that Clayborn was a 'rental' until we got someone even better to play at DE.  Well, last year, we hit on the pick I think with Takk. Personally, I thought Clayborn did an 'average' job at DE and now it's Takk's time to excel.

Everyone knew last year that Poe was a one year rental and I constantly heard those same people (the same people who are crying and whining now) rant about Poe wasn't worth what we were paying him.  We grabbed him for a 'flyer' because last year's draft simply didn't have much DT talent to offer.  This year's draft has quite a bit of DT (much better than last year) and I believe we will grab one or two DT's in this year's draft. 

I don't see a 'sure' FA out there that wouldn't require us to overpay, and considering the paychecks being handed out to subpar talent, I am hopeful that we don't take a chance on blowing a huge wad that should otherwise be used to keep our drafted talent on this team and keeping some continuity.

1 hour ago, JG2008 said:

Do you run this organization? Are you part of the daily tasks and meetings? Are you part of the film studies and training? 

The Falcons don’t have that many holes and they will add some more pieces via the draft and maybe one or two more FA’s. 

You don’t need a high priced FA to win you championship. You need players that match this system and cap space. 

Have some faith man... you forgot this team was in the playoffs 2 season in a row. 

50 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

Lost 4 dline guys so far and replaced them with who?

We lost a run stuffer that will be missed, a DE whose replacement was drafted last season, and 2 dudes that nobody gives a **** about.

Edited by RubberDucky

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

We lost a run stuffer that will be missed, a DE whose replacement was drafted last season, and 2 dudes that nobody gives a **** about.

Quinn loves to rotate his D who is he going to do this with the water boy ? Why is it so hard to see we have no depth and we're counting on these guys not getting dinged up or missing any time ? PLEASE

1 minute ago, Xfactor said:

Quinn loves to rotate his D who is he going to do this with the water boy ? Why is it so hard to see we have no depth and we're counting on these guys not getting dinged up or missing any time ? PLEASE

You're crying about not having depth day 3 of the off season.....

Just now, Knight of God said:

When should he cry? 

If we were down multiple starters? We're missing one starter and depth/rotational guys. Guys that can easily be found in the middle rounds of a draft. First round DT and 2nd round is BPA depth. We have very few needs except depth. That is a good place to be......

It's also naive to think we're literally going to sign nobody else.

falconidae likes this

Yeah, it's not pretty so far.

The weird thing is, if they had signed Bennett, just one move, it would look way different.  We would have replaced our biggest weakness on offense, our RG...and our biggest need on defense, a DL playmaker who can play DE and DT.

That would have let us take a DT, WR, TE in the first 3 rounds of the draft and we'd be solid.  But that's because Bennett counted as filling two positions (and playmaker). 

As of now, I'm trying to figure out how we get better than last year on DL (need 2 DTs and a DE that are legit?) and offense (need a speed receiver and speed TE).  That's 4 pretty good players we need if you don't even get into LB and S.

ZoneOne01 likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You're crying about not having depth day 3 of the off season.....

What are you holding out for Suh lol.

When we let Poe walk to Carolina for peanuts when we could have re-signed him easily told me all I need to know on how this FA was going to go. There is no one in FA better than Poe that we can afford and they have a plan ?

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If we were down multiple starters? We're missing one starter and depth/rotational guys. Guys that can easily be found in the middle rounds of a draft. First round DT and 2nd round is BPA depth. We have very few needs except depth. That is a good place to be......

It's also naive to think we're literally going to sign nobody else.

Duke Riley missed that memo