Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanep

So,how did we end up so freaking BROKE ??? (and give me the short version ,please)

137 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, shanep said:

the  reason dq and td are not interested in the fa market is the same reason most of us are not interested in a Porsche.,,they cant afford one

Or that the Falcons already have a couple porches and would rather 3 brand new Camrys instead of another 911

falconidae likes this

10 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I was thinking of the offseason they signed the Bus and other players. Those players up there sucked.

6 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Bettis signed in 1996, so he was there awhile before they won in 2005

Bettis was traded to the Steelers by the Rams on draft day of 96'.

The Rams drafted Lawrence Phillips early in the 1st round because they were so high on him. Which made Bettis expendable in their eyes.

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Quit being stupid. I was just trying to help the poor OP out with his struggles in understanding.

You two are beyond help.

lmao we are the dumb ones when your response is we have no cap because we were in the playoffs two years in a row. wtf kinda reason is that? gtfoh. The Op said simplified not ******** 

31 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Holy ****, this is something I didn't finally keep in mind until now. It totally makes since that this factors into salary cap big time. But still, I believe players (although it's their choice) should be willing to take pay cuts to help strengthen the team. Despite all of this, the 2017 Falcons were still 10-6, still 3rd in the NFC South behind the Panthers & Saints (who both have more cap space than us), still had Sarkisian pains, and we were still plays away from being 7-9 and missing the playoffs. People say we have a Super Bowl roster, and I'd say we have Super Bowl talent for sure, but we didn't play like it at all throughout 2017. So the Falcons better make the smart moves to make us better, otherwise we'll either remain the same or get worse. Our defense was just peaking before we had to let go of Clayborn and Poe, while our offense isn't getting any younger. 

You realize two players on the falcons just took straight pay cuts, right?

HASHBROWN3 likes this

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

The Steelers aren't shy about deals?  Tell that to Leveon Bell lol.

one player. vs how many other fa moves steelers have made. They arent a team thats strapped because they are in the hunt consistently is the point. The response that because we were in the playoffs two years in a row is why we dont seem to have the cap other teams do is the dumbest sheet ive ever heard. 

31 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You can say it again, you're still wrong. Free's cap hit this year is 5 mil, next year is 6.75. Goes up to 9.5 mil in 2020, but you can either cut him or re-do the deal then.

https://overthecap.com/player/devonta-freeman/3042

Yep look at the contract for...

McKinnon's new four-year, $30 million deal with the San Francisco 49ers doubled that of Latavius Murray, who was the highest-paid back in last year's free-agency period at $15 million over three years. In Minnesota, Murray was the team's leading rusher ahead of McKinnon, who served mostly as a third-down back during his four years in purple.

But McKinnon's versatile skill set -- 991 total yards on 201 touches last year, including 51 receptions -- drew interest from multiple teams hoping to fill a major need. The 49ers were prepared to make McKinnon their feature back. Now, he's the league's fourth-highest-paid rusher on a per-year average. His deal includes $11.7 million guaranteed at signing.

Considering the draft class is loaded with good running backs, that is a strong number. McKinnon's per-year payout is nearly on par with that of Devonta Freeman ($8.25 million per year), despite the Atlanta Falcon gaining 1,928 more total yards over a four-year sample.

15 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You realize two players on the falcons just took straight pay cuts, right?

I'm aware Andy Levitre was one of them, I forgot who the other one was. 

27 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Or that the Falcons already have a couple porches and would rather 3 brand new Camrys instead of another 911

I don't see what cars have to do with external home features, but I think I see where you are going.  I think it needs to be said that if you have a couple porches at home, you should probably just make a wrap around porch so as to not interrupt the flow...

21 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I'm aware Andy Levitre was one of them, I forgot who the other one was. 

Reed.

It's also really rare, despite you thinking it's a good idea. 

9 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

Thats the best you can do......  Tyrod in spite of your disrespect landed a starting gig making much less than Ryan.  We just let Poe walk to a division Rival!  You give it a rest! 

We could trade Ryan for a Kings Ransom while restocking through the bounty of draft picks we could acquire.  Whats your plan Kiwi?  Pay Ryan big bucks while Fusco continues the tradition of turnstile blocking at RG?

Can you please tell me how Ryan's contract is detrimental to our team?

Can You

tell me out of the core players we have drafted who we have lost please.

Doesnt matter what Taylor got paid the idiotic notion that you came up with him as a replacement to take Ryan's spot and too think he'd be better for our team is the hole you dug.

Fusco a continual Turnstile where have you dug this crap up from,is it coming from the same hole that you thought Taylor would be an adequate replacement for a league MVP yeah ok man keep trying.

39 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

lmao we are the dumb ones when your response is we have no cap because we were in the playoffs two years in a row. wtf kinda reason is that? gtfoh. The Op said simplified not ******** 

My boy, I'm sorry that flew way over your head.

You have to have a football IQ > 75 to grasp it. 

falconidae likes this

16 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

I don't see what cars have to do with external home features, but I think I see where you are going.  I think it needs to be said that if you have a couple porches at home, you should probably just make a wrap around porch so as to not interrupt the flow...

lolz i spells wrong

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

You're right. One with The Chin and the other with the current coach. Check the FA signings that year when they won tho. 

Historically the Steelers have been among the most free agency averse teams in the NFL. 

Peyton likes this

15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Can you please tell me how Ryan's contract is detrimental to our team?

Can You

tell me out of the core players we have drafted that who we have lost please.

Doesnt matter what Taylor got paid the idiotic notion that you came up with him as a replacement to take Ryan's spot and too think he'd be better for our team is the hole you dug.

Fusco a continual Turnstile where have you dug this crap up from is it coming from the same hole that you thought Taylor would be an adequate replacement for a league MVP yeah ok man keep trying.

He has no clue, he is a troll kiwi...which is why he is on my ignore list.  You should think about doing the same.

My ignore list getting all kinds of love this offseason!

The O.D.B likes this

6 hours ago, red2play said:

I'm going to say this AGAIN, Freeman costs almost 10mil against the cap (the signing bonus is killing us).  Never should have signed him to that much money (its gone now).  Now we have to let go of some of the defensive players.  Had we never signed Freeman, we would have options.  We NEED a power running back and they can easily be had 3rd round and lower.  You can't keep Matthews, Beasley and Keanu and paying a scatback 10+ mil a year.  I want my cake and eat it too but we can't even get FA's ALREADY.  I think we need a power running back, a legit TE that scares teams and a good DT BEFORE the draft

I agree with everything but the TE comment and really it's only because Hooper is so young I'm just not quite ready to give up on him. 

Just now, athell said:

He has no clue, he is a troll kiwi...which is why he is on my ignore list.  You should think about doing the same.

Nah man he's entitled to his opinion I don't ignore guys like this I actually wonder why they think this way..I don't need to agree with him vice a versa but I like a decent discussion.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nah man he's entitled to his opinion I don't ignore guys like this I actually wonder why they think this way..I don't need to agree with him vice a versa but I like a decent discussion.

It's never a decent discussion.  There is literally nothing you can say to him logically that will make any bit of difference.  There are people who disagree, which is fine, just back it up with facts and logic...then there is that clown.  You are wasting your time...you know what they say about debating a crazy person.

Just now, athell said:

It's never a decent discussion.  There is literally nothing you can say to him logically that will make any bit of difference.  There are people who disagree, which is fine, just back it up with facts and logic...then there is that clown.  You are wasting your time...you know what they say about debating a crazy person.

Rephrase discussion/argument lol I like them aswell lol.

athell likes this

Just now, athell said:

lol have fun with that ;)

Will do I just don't take guy's like this as seriously as you do bro.To me it's just a convo on the internet nothing he can say or do will change the way I think if that's like him oh well end of the day I think for the most part most no whose talking you no what.

athell likes this

26 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

7 out of the top 10 cap charges are homegrown players.  Props to TD and Company for some successful drafts.

It is also probably gives them more "self-confidence" to keep players they have drafted as opposed to ones they signed to mid-level FA deals.  They will probably let Sanu go in a year or so to save space but will sign Hooper to a multi-year deal.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Will do I just don't take guy's like this as seriously as you do bro.To me it's just a convo on the internet nothing he can say or do will change the way I think if that's like him oh well end of the day I think for the most part most no whose talking you no what.

I don't take it seriously as much as I just can't seem to let sheer stupidity go unpunished lol

Like, legit trying to have an adult conversation with some people here is impossible.  They just "yeah but" and change subjects and it's just so incredibly annoying.

kiwifalcon likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

I don't take it seriously as much as I just can't seem to let sheer stupidity go unpunished lol

Like, legit trying to have an adult conversation with some people here is impossible.  They just "yeah but" and change subjects and it's just so incredibly annoying.

Fair enough but it does seem like this guy gets under your skin.

If that's his aim well I'm not sure but oh well.

For me I like it when he goes back on certain stuff then he's easy to rebut.

athell likes this

28 minutes ago, athell said:

I've actually learned a lot of new things about the cap space this off season. Give me some time though, even if it takes me 5 more years to understand. It's still frustrating to me that the Panthers and Saints had enough cap space to afford Dontwister Poe and Ndominating Suh. The Eagles just won the Super Bowl and look at how much they've been able to get.  

athell likes this