Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malice

We are done.

10 posts in this topic

Why is no one freaking out that we lost Poe to Carolina and have done nothing to improve our team at all in fa.

Because most of us understand the reality of the cap.  Or perhaps because we have been through an off-season or two.  

I know it seems like every other team has gained on us, but after the draft, it will all settle down.  

We are one of the best teams in the NFL.  We upgraded our greatest weakness.  Before they head to camp, we will have addresses all issues.  

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

Because most of us understand the reality of the cap.  Or perhaps because we have been through an off-season or two.  

I know it seems like every other team has gained on us, but after the draft, it will all settle down.  

We are one of the best teams in the NFL.  We upgraded our greatest weakness.  Before they head to camp, we will have addresses all issues.  

I get what you’re saying but the teams that also signed good players in FA also have draft picks to bolster their roster even more. Additional to what they got. 

We better not be done. Look at our active roster. We barely have enough starters, much less any depth. It can not all be addressed in the draft. 

Don't know how so many people get so bent in FA. Quinn with 1 draft and 1 fa under his belt didn't lose until half the season was done. Then with only a few small moves, took us to the SB. This past year with all our stumbling and fumbling we were one bounce of the ball away from the NFCC game and beating the eventual SB champs.

2017 showed me this team is more than just 1 or two players, it's an attitude, a belief, a brotherhood.

It's like questioning your girl's loyalty  on everything she does and everything she doesn't do and all she's ever done is be faithful.

Have faith brothers, Quinn is not going to let his team fall apart. In fact by the end of this season I'm betting we will be greatly improved.

Is it ok to wait until the end of the drafting process before proclaiming if we are done or haven't done what is needed or shall we just post it in and call it a day for next season.

I don't get some fans so defeatist and we're just getting started.

5 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Don't know how so many people get so bent in FA. Quinn with 1 draft and 1 fa under his belt didn't lose until half the season was done. Then with only a few small moves, took us to the SB. This past year with all our stumbling and fumbling we were one bounce of the ball away from the NFCC game and beating the eventual SB champs.

2017 showed me this team is more than just 1 or two players, it's an attitude, a belief, a brotherhood.

It's like questioning your girl's loyalty  on everything she does and everything she doesn't do and all she's ever done is be faithful.

Have faith brothers, Quinn is not going to let his team fall apart. In fact by the end of this season I'm betting we will be greatly improved.

FA isn't over. Like every year there will be a 2nd wave of FA after cuts.

We need to continue to get younger and cheaper through the draft. That's the best way to build a football team.

honestly I think we should be looking to sign a stopgap DT - someone like a Tom Johnson or a Tony McDaniel - and draft a high upside DT on day 3. I personally love P.J. Hall and to a lesser degree Bilal Nichols and would love if we one of them in the draft, but having that other guy to start just in case the day 3 rookie takes a little longer to pick up the play book or adjust to NFL speed, is an absolute must.

The reason I'm saying this though, is because the 2019 interior DL class looks absolutely pristine. At the very top alone you've got Ed Oliver, the literal best DT prospect since Donald, and Dexter Lawrence, who's basically Poe 2.0 as far as a size adjusted athletic specimen goes. Then you've also got guys in there like Daniel Wise, Marquise Copeland, and Youhanna Ghaifan, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. This is very similar to our situation in 2016 - we needed an edge rusher, but we had other pressing needs as well and it was just a really bad edge rusher class, so we patched the position over with journeymen like Adrian Clayborn, Dwight Freeney, and Courtney Upshaw, and even if our edge rush wasn't elite that year, it was good enough, and we were able to get our guy in an absolutely loaded 2017 edge rusher class with Takk.

We need to abide by this strategy this year as well. Patience. The 2019 DT class is ripe with talent, this year's class not so much. Fill the spot with a FA or two, draft a guy late who has some upside, and just sit on what you've got until that 2019 class rolls around so you can take your pick in an extremely talented class.

falconidae likes this