Ben Garland possibly going to DT/DE..... Haven't sent a thread.

http://www.nfl.com/player/bengarland/2507865/profile

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, and if so, sorry. 

I know earlier there was a thread on how we have 11 OL and who is going to get cut. So I just wanted to say one of them is going to be on the other side of the line starting next year. 

Quinn loves doing this to players, and it either helps them to be better at their original position or they become a good player at the new position.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Props my friend. Interested to see what kind of shape he is in to play D-Line full time.  

Agreed. That was the only thing I have wondered. 

As anyone who knows my reporting during training camp (since 08), I'm horrible at judging the line. Those are positions I can't tell if someone is right for it, doing their job, or they suck. 

21 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/bengarland/2507865/profile

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, and if so, sorry. 

I know earlier there was a thread on how we have 11 OL and who is going to get cut. So I just wanted to say one of them is going to be on the other side of the line starting next year. 

Quinn loves doing this to players, and it either helps them to be better at their original position or they become a good player at the new position.

First reaction: NFL press got it wrong. It would make Quinn seem wishy-washy to move a player and then move him back so, he wouldn't do it.

After some thought: I could see him replacing Shelby's opening. The Falcaholic also pointed out that If OG Ben would be the highest paid RG in the Dimi era, which doesn't add up either.

I like the move.

Also, I've been waiting to see Pasztor since we got him. I loved the vids I saw of him when we got him. Hoping this is his year to solidify himself.

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

So, not to be a jerk, but, has this been confirmed, or is just that NFL.com says DE on his page?

Naw your not being a jerk in asking that. It's not confirmed. It's just been discussed. However when I saw NFL.com post it, it made me start to wonder if it is confirmed to it's going to happen. 

In my opinion..... I think he'll start out in that position at training camp. And it'll be looked into deeply if it works for him and for Quinn or if he'll be more rotational. 

*By the way I'm just a photographer that talks and ask questions during dead time. No one would ever tell me something that's a secret. When I talk with certain guys on things like this. It's a shrug of the shoulders and a we shall see and maybe a wink. But it's never a definite. 

I've had things said to where I thought it was going to happen. And it did not. And I would look like an idiot if I said something...... The only reason I'm talking about this is because of NFL.com using it. 

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

I'm thinking there is a bigger chance that some stat guy at NFL.com was arguing with his wife about playing poker once a month and zipped through A-D so he could take an early lunch with his homies.

.....but hey, I'm not a photographer.

10 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

This is not an original thought. I saw this earlier from one of our brothers on this forum. A regular. Not somebody paying rent here like some of you.  Someone that’s been around though. Like me. Check the pocus pukus fukus fuscus fuscos thread. 

Huh? Did I list this as a thought? Did you read the first sentence? 

You might want to read to what I said.