For You Kalen Ballage Fans

vel

Here is some news from Kalen Ballage's pro day:

Arizona State

The big story out of ASU pro-day is Kalen Ballage and what some are calling the best pro day workout they’ve ever witnessed from a running back.  Ballage timed as fast as 4.35s in the forty while a few watches had him in the low 4.4s.  He hit 37 inches in the vertical jump, a vast improvement from his mark of 32.5 inches at the combine.

Ballage was sensational during position drills and really stood out catching the ball.  He looked explosive in and out of breaks and showed natural hands.  The ball carrier met with the Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons and New York Jets running back coach Stump Mitchell.

If you want a Tevin Coleman clone, this is your guy. He's a "point him where you want him to run" kind of guy. Not much wiggle but he's 6'1 225lbs and runs a 4.3. Those guys don't grow on trees. Clearly TD and DQ know that. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, vel said:

If you want a Tevin Coleman clone, this is your guy. He's a "point him where you want him to run" kind of guy. Not much wiggle but he's 6'1 225lbs and runs a 4.3. Those guys don't grow on trees. Clearly TD and DQ know that. 

Yeah, he's a good looking runner.

14 minutes ago, vel said:

I started watching games after seeing one. Became an instant fan. They lined him up at WR, FB, TE, and he just jumped out. 

1 minute ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

Do y'all see him being there in the 4th round?

I think the 4th was about where he was originally projected, but that looked pretty unlikely after his performance at the combine... and probably zero chance now after blowing minds with his pro day workout.

Back half of the 2nd - mid 3rd seems like a much more reasonable expectation now. With the Falcons picking kinda late in each round, we'd probably have to spend our 2nd to get him... if he's not already gone by then.

1 hour ago, vel said:

6'1 225 running a 4.3 with receiving skills........you don't really need wiggle do you?

His size, speed, and catching ability are certainly intriguing, but it is a bit concerning that he was vastly outplayed by his teammate Demario Richard as a senior, a guy who is likely to go undrafted. Looking around some ASU forums, their fans seem to think that he has poor vision and goes down on first contact too often. 

17 minutes ago, Mojojojo said:

His size, speed, and catching ability are certainly intriguing, but it is a bit concerning that he was vastly outplayed by his teammate Demario Richard as a senior, a guy who is likely to go undrafted. Looking around some ASU forums, their fans seem to think that he has poor vision and goes down on first contact too often. 

Admittedly I haven't scouted the dude much but you just described Coleman.

Does this guy have any fumbling issues.

Only reason I ask after watching the footage above is because he runs high and the ball is exposed a lot.

On the flipside there's alot to like.

The stuff I like is he delivers the blow when he's getting tackled,also shows he can carry the ball in both hands.Deceptively quick for a big guy.

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Admittedly I haven't scouted the dude much but you just described Coleman.

I honestly don't think it's fair to say Coleman has poor vision. Is he a creative runner? Certainly not, especially when compared to Freeman, but he typically finds a hole if there is one. There's a reason that Tevin averaged 7.5 yards per carry and had over 2,000 yards his last year in college on a terrible team in a good conference, and it wasn't simply because he was very fast. Tevin's main weakness is that he lacks the shiftiness you want a speed back to have.