Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Power I

Who was the last successful QB drafted at 20 years old?

7 posts in this topic

I'm asking because I really don't know and don't know where to begin for info that specific. I keep hearing how Sam Darnold is who Cleveland should target, but how many 20 year olds have gone on the be worthy of the number one overall or a top five pick? 

Cleveland traded for Taylor.  I assume that he will start for them this season.  I would draft Barkley, but if they draft Darnold, it likely won't be with the expectation to start him this season.

6 hours ago, etherdome said:

Cleveland traded for Taylor.  I assume that he will start for them this season.  I would draft Barkley, but if they draft Darnold, it likely won't be with the expectation to start him this season.

Cleveland will not draft Barkley at 1. Dorsey has never drafted a RB in the 1st round. They need a franchise QB. Take your guy at 1. 

1 hour ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Cleveland will not draft Barkley at 1. Dorsey has never drafted a RB in the 1st round. They need a franchise QB. Take your guy at 1. 

I said the same to my cousins. We are all originally from Cleveland and still have family there. We(the Falcons) never had consistent success until Matt Ryan. You get your guy at 1 do not wait on him.

Bobby.Digital likes this

1 hour ago, jwickha2 said:

I said the same to my cousins. We are all originally from Cleveland and still have family there. We(the Falcons) never had consistent success until Matt Ryan. You get your guy at 1 do not wait on him.

Exactly. Look how little team success Barry Sanders and AP had because of the lack of talented QBs they played with. There isnt a single position in all of sports that affects a teams success than the QB position. 

I don't get the people who say to just take the top QB available at 4. Like all the top QBs in this draft are going to be successfull. Do your homework, pick out the guy who you think will be a franchise QB and take him. Its a pretty easy decision imo.

kiwifalcon, I am Yoda and jwickha2 like this