Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wartownfalcon

Jordy Nelson cut

102 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Dude put up 1,300 Yd's and 14td's a year ago...He's still better than Sanu.

He's not though. 

The only thing that kept Nelson on the field was his chemistry with Rodgers. That's gone now. You're left with a dude that can't separate to save his life, isnt going to block as well as Sanu, and isnt going to give you the same sure-handed appeal as Sanu. 

He's done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Dude put up 1,300 Yd's and 14td's a year ago...He's still better than Sanu.

He’s not better than sanu. And you have to realize Aaron makes most of his plays outside the pocket. When they play us we keep him inside the pocket and play man to man and all of a sudden Nelson disappears. He wouldn’t work here because Matt is a Rythym qb. Matt is on schedule. He’s 1...2...3...ball out. Aaron is 1...2...3... get outside the pocket cause nobody was open 3...4...do something amazing. Matt’s game isn’t getting outside the pocket to make plays. So you’re looking at a combination of Aaron making plays outside the pocket and the backup forcing balls to Nelson after rodgers went down. How did Nelson, out of force feeding, with all those numbers help the pack last season?? I’ll wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Scott1988 said:

 

Teams are lining up to sign him, but the board says he's done, so he must be.  Anyone who thinks he has anything left in the tank is an idiot. 

Gee-Q likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I swear some of the people begging for fast midgets are the same ones who were mad when Marvin Hall was trying to catch jump balls deep because Julio came off the field. I don't think Jordy is the answer, but to say we don't need big-bodied receivers is kind of silly...Pryor got wheels and he's big, I'd love him over here for the cheap.

 

Ryan to Sanu quick screen, lateral across field to Pryor, downfield to Julio for 6 would be stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

Gee-Q likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

dude.. for reals bring him here.... If people can't see him as an upgrade over our #3 and #4 receivers, they are just being delusional

The guy is deceptively fast, runs great routes, catches everything you throw at him, and always seems open. He's bigger and more physical than Gabriel who was always jammed at the line. Plus we have Coleman who can also fill that shifty slot role. He's 6'3" 215, almost speed TE size. And you can get fast, small WRs that can unexpectedly run past a #4 CB late in the draft. 

I think it'd be a great signing. He could fill a speed TE role. Be a mismatch in the slot. And you can NEVER afford to overlook the guy on defense.

Gee-Q likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Man, I swear some of the people begging for fast midgets are the same ones who were mad when Marvin Hall was trying to catch jump balls deep because Julio came off the field. I don't think Jordy is the answer, but to say we don't need big-bodied receivers is kind of silly...Pryor got wheels and he's big, I'd love him over here for the cheap.

 

Ryan to Sanu quick screen, lateral across field to Pryor, downfield to Julio for 6 would be stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

It seems like it would but it wouldn’t work that way. And let me say who was mad about Hall?? I wasn’t. And you act like a 5’10 guy can’t have a 41” vertical. 41 “ is 41” no matter how tall you are. Lol. That sounds utterly ridiculous thinking a shorter wr can’t catch jump balls. Gabriel caught his share of jump balls.

 

I don’t recall hall missing a jump ball. I recall him DROPPING a ball for a butt pick. If we have a bunch of possession wr’s we’ll be smiths falcons again. And we’re a high flying offense and part of that is because of the midgets you speak of because they took the top off the defense along with Julio.

 

What are we gonna do when defenses just Play man to man with all those BIG guys you want?? Who’s gonna get open besides Julio? An even HE will have issues with bigger corners. But let me guess??? It’ll be Sarks fault all his big wr’s can’t get open right? Lol. I guess all the smaller wr’s that hurt us throuought the years like welker and Gabriel when he played for the Browns was just chance?

 

I just want one of y’all to show me a playoff team that doesn’t have quick shifty guys that give defenses problems? Like in KC. I’ve NEVER liked a wr core that was entirely 6’3 or better. NEVER. Especially when we’re a team that’s looking to take the top off the defense. WE NEED SOME QUICK, SHIFTY, YAC GUYS!! And you don’t have to be a midget to do that. There’s 6’0 guys that are fast and quick. Shifty. Y’all always grossly understate what folks are saying sometimes. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Teams are lining up to sign him, but the board says he's done, so he must be.  Anyone who thinks he has anything left in the tank is an idiot. 

He’ll work in a place like Seattle with a qb that breaks the pocket to make big plays like Aaron did. He doesn’t make us better. He makes US slower. That just a fact. We need speed. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Man, I swear some of the people begging for fast midgets are the same ones who were mad when Marvin Hall was trying to catch jump balls deep because Julio came off the field. I don't think Jordy is the answer, but to say we don't need big-bodied receivers is kind of silly...Pryor got wheels and he's big, I'd love him over here for the cheap.

 

Ryan to Sanu quick screen, lateral across field to Pryor, downfield to Julio for 6 would be stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

Neither Nelson nor Pryor brings what this team lacked last year (other than Julio) ...which is separation. It’s why GB and Washington let them both go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He’ll work in a place like Seattle with a qb that breaks the pocket to make big plays like Aaron did. He doesn’t make us better. He makes US slower. That just a fact. We need speed. 

They don’t know what they don’t know, bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's not though. 

The only thing that kept Nelson on the field was his chemistry with Rodgers. That's gone now. You're left with a dude that can't separate to save his life, isnt going to block as well as Sanu, and isnt going to give you the same sure-handed appeal as Sanu. 

He's done. 

Agreed. He’s 2015 Roddy white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It seems like it would but it wouldn’t work that way. And let me say who was mad about Hall?? I wasn’t. And you act like a 5’10 guy can’t have a 41” vertical. 41 “ is 41” no matter how tall you are. Lol. That sounds utterly ridiculous thinking a shorter wr can’t catch jump balls. Gabriel caught his share of jump balls. I don’t recall hall missing a jump ball. I recall him DROPPING a ball for a butt pick. If we have a bunch of possession wr’s we’ll be smiths falcons again. And we’re a high flying offense and part of that is because of the midgets you speak of because they took the top off the defense along with Julio. What are we gonna do when defenses just Play man to man with all those BIG guys you want?? Who’s gonna get open besides Julio? An even HE will have issues with bigger corners. But let me guess??? It’ll be Sarks fault all his big wr’s can’t get open right? Lol. I guess all the smaller wr’s that hurt us throuought the years like welker and Gabriel when he played for the Browns was just chance? I just want one of y’all to show me a playoff team that doesn’t have quick shifty guys that give defenses problems? Like in KC. I’ve NEVER liked a wr core that was entirely 6’3 or better. NEVER. Especially when we’re a team that’s looking to take the top off the defense. WE NEED SOME QUICK, SHIFTY, YAC GUYS!! 

I'm just repeating what the board's word was when smaller receivers would run deep routes and it was either a perfect pass from Ryan or a little guy fighting for a jump ball when he ain't built like Steve Smith Sr.

 

I haven't said anything about getting a bunch of possession receivers so not sure why you're bringing that up...I rather have a guy with wheels and height. You can man up the little, shifty receivers and shut them down too...teams did it to Gabriel all the time. Hall was a non-factor as a fast, little, shifty receiver. I mean, was it Sark's fault all his little WRs couldn't get open? That's a silly argument...we didn't have a high flying offense because we had midgets, we had a high flying offense because our run game could get chunk yards, and our pass game looked exactly like our run game off of our play actions. Shanahan also knew how to scheme players open, like using big, fast players that need extra attention deep to get our lumbering slow guys open like Toilolo. And Ryan was pin point accurate and decisive with a majority of his plays to tie it all together. More than anything else, I would like a bigger, fast guy who can spell Julio when he has to take his time off the field. If we can get a weapon who's 5-8 or 6-10, don't matter to me...but preference wise, it seems like the shorter receivers we've had haven't been able to make those leaping grabs players like Roddy, Sanu, Julio, Gonzo, Jenkins, etc., have made for Ryan. Thought Hardy would play with a bigger wingspan in that regard

Gee-Q likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Neither Nelson nor Pryor brings what this team lacked last year (other than Julio) ...which is separation. It’s why GB and Washington let them both go. 

It's another speed demon you gotta play deep for...if we not going to beat them with misdirection like Shanahan did, we need to create this space ya want underneath for YAC players to take advantage. Otherwise we start looking like Koetter towards his later years, when we'd throw short and get stopped off the first tackle because they don't have to worry about running vertical with anybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It seems like it would but it wouldn’t work that way. And let me say who was mad about Hall?? I wasn’t. And you act like a 5’10 guy can’t have a 41” vertical. 41 “ is 41” no matter how tall you are. Lol. 

You do realise the vertical jump accounts for your height (well standing reach). Therefore if a 6-3 and 5-10 guy both have a 41 inch vertical, the 6-3 is getting higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

It's another speed demon you gotta play deep for...if we not going to beat them with misdirection like Shanahan did, we need to create this space ya want underneath for YAC players to take advantage. Otherwise we start looking like Koetter towards his later years, when we'd throw short and get stopped off the first tackle because they don't have to worry about running vertical with anybody.

Watch both of these two guys last year, my man...not sure why Pryor could never click with Cousins, but Nelson especially is toast...both players were in s l o w motion all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

It's another speed demon you gotta play deep for...if we not going to beat them with misdirection like Shanahan did, we need to create this space ya want underneath for YAC players to take advantage. Otherwise we start looking like Koetter towards his later years, when we'd throw short and get stopped off the first tackle because they don't have to worry about running vertical with anybody.

It’s not about Pure speed. You need QUICK speed guys. Pryor ain’t quick. Neither is Nelson. If you get a quick guy to separate from coverage on a skinny post it’s a wrap. The point is guys line Gabriel and Robinson got to the stress point of the defense FASTER AND QUICKER than even Julio does. So now if you’re running a route with Julio and Gabriel in the seams with Robinson and sanu outside WTF are you gonna do now?? With fast big guys they don’t hit the stress point of the defense fast enough to make the safety make a quick WRONG decision. This is CHESS not checkers man. If a safety knows all he really has to worry about fast and quick is Julio they’ll sit on routes. Fast and quick guys in the seams are blitz beaters, coverage busters and home run hitters. And I was one of those guys so I’m speaking from experience. SPEED KILLS!!!! They don’t say that for nothing. Funny that when we were a historic offense we had a world classs track team for WR’s. Julio, Gabriel, Robinson, and Alford is literally a 4x100 track team. 

caponine and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

You do realise the vertical jump accounts for your height (well standing reach). Therefore if a 6-3 and 5-10 guy both have a 41 inch vertical, the 6-3 is getting higher.

And at point you better have an acutely accurate qb to avoid a 42” vertical guy like Brent Grimes. Remember the int against the saints. That’s the mistake a qb OR a DB might make. How high a shorter guy can jump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And at point you better have an acutely accurate qb to avoid a 42” vertical guy like Brent Grimes. Remember the int against the saints. That’s the mistake a qb OR a DB might make. How high a shorter guy can jump. 

I'm not arguing for or against tall or short receivers, just clarifying how the vertical jump is measured. 

There's plenty of tall wide receivers in this class that I wouldn't touch as height is all they have going for them. That said, for an outside receiver my preference is generally for guys 6 ft and over.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I'm not arguing for or against tall or short receivers, just clarifying how the vertical jump is measured. 

There's plenty of tall wide receivers in this class that I wouldn't touch as height is all they have going for them. That said, for an outside receiver my preference is generally for guys 6 ft and over.

Agreed. Mine as well. And we have that. What we need is the fast quicker inside guys and you find that in 5’10-6’0 guy’s. I don’t know what my man was talking about with the midget talk but you don’t have to be a “midget” to be fast and quick. There’s plenty of 6’0 fast and quick guys in the nfl. They don’t weigh as much as the average 6’0 wr and there’s a reason for that. They’re fast AND quick. That’s why Julio is an alien. You hardly ever see Big guys that are fast AND quick. And that’s why Julio sustains nagging injuries all the time. A big body like that isn’t supposed to be able to move that fast AND that quickly and can still change direction on a dime like a small guy. Absolutely freakish!!! 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Vandy said:

Watch both of these two guys last year, my man...not sure why Pryor could never click with Cousins, but Nelson especially is toast...both players were in s l o w motion all season.

I don't think Pryor is a #1...but if him and Julio are on the field, it's not like you're going to bracket Pryor over Julio...and Gruden's system reminds me of Koetter's, either you're a good WR that can get open, or you're not. I'm not seeing all these plays Aldrick Robinson and Gabriel broke open off route running...they got schemed open because the defense had to think of 10 different plays out of the same look. Now you take a tall guy, and even if he isn't AS open as Robinson and Gabriel, he's more likely going to make the play over top that the smaller guys miss on. But like I said before...if we get a baller who's 5'10" I wouldn't care...I don't agree Hall is the baller we need like some on here are saying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Agreed. Mine as well. And we have that. What we need is the fast quicker inside guys and you find that in 5’10-6’0 guy’s. I don’t know what my man was talking about with the midget talk but you don’t have to be a “midget” to be fast and quick. There’s plenty of 6’0 fast and quick guys in the nfl. They don’t weigh as much as the average 6’0 wr and there’s a reason for that. They’re fast AND quick. That’s why Julio is an alien. You hardly ever see Big guys that are fast AND quick. And that’s why Julio sustains nagging injuries all the time. A big body like that isn’t supposed to be able to move that fast AND that quickly and can still change direction on a dime like a small guy. Absolutely freakish!!! 

I was exaggerating the point when saying midget. My main argument that's getting lost in the sauce is, we need another baller at WR because Marvin Hall ain't it, and Turbo wasn't it last year. I don't care about height, just get me someone fast who can beat man coverage off the press, and make a play on they own without Julio on the field. Last year, we didn't have that.

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not about Pure speed. You need QUICK speed guys. Pryor ain’t quick. Neither is Nelson. If you get a quick guy to separate from coverage on a skinny post it’s a wrap. The point is guys line Gabriel and Robinson got to the stress point of the defense FASTER AND QUICKER than even Julio does. So now if you’re running a route with Julio and Gabriel in the seams with Robinson and sanu outside WTF are you gonna do now?? With fast big guys they don’t hit the stress point of the defense fast enough to make the safety make a quick WRONG decision. This is CHESS not checkers man. If a safety knows all he really has to worry about fast and quick is Julio they’ll sit on routes. Fast and quick guys in the seams are blitz beaters, coverage busters and home run hitters. And I was one of those guys so I’m speaking from experience. SPEED KILLS!!!! They don’t say that for nothing. Funny that when we were a historic offense we had a world classs track team for WR’s. Julio, Gabriel, Robinson, and Alford is literally a 4x100 track team. 

Pryor ain't shifty, but he isn't a lumbering giant who takes forever to get going, c'mon now...he'd work stressing the seams. Safeties ain't sitting on Pryor sprinting down the field.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, TheFatboi said:

Why do y’all want all these big wr’s across the board?? We need somebody BESIDES Julio that can take the top off. #3 and #4 should be sub 4.4 burners. We need YAC guys. We need to put stress in the defense. Not big body them to death. We need quick shifty guys. As far as I’m concerned give Hall and Davis a shot and draft a wr to battle for one of those 2 spots. 

Because if and when our #1 and #2 guys are out... our small shifty receivers cant' do SQUAT!!!

Case in point.. Buffalo game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites