Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wartownfalcon

Jordy Nelson cut

102 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Your right and when gabe got here robinson rarely saw the field. We had a juggernaut here man.

Facts. We’ll get it right tho. This offseason with sark will be better because he’ll have all his wr’s the entire time. That lost time with Julio and Turbo hurt us last season. 

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

Kick the tires as Gabriel’s replacement?

If he wants to come to the Falcons and sign a cheap contract, sure. But considering the fact the Packers suffered when he was injured for quite a while, or that is coming off an injury so to speak and never really got his footing, I'd pass on him. Falcons would be better off to draft a prospect with the same qualities if they want that type of player. 

Something that so many Falcons fans, and NFL fans for that matter never really, and I MEAN REALLY consider is that just because a player is released "It doesn't make them AS GOOD AS THEY WERE BEFORE BEING RELEASED", and it also doesn't mean "THEY ARE WHAT THEIR PRICE TAG WAS WORTH BEFORE". 

No, Falcons shouldn't sign him, and as for the replacement, the only thing I can say is down the stretch, I didn't see much of Gabriel at all, and even when given opportunities he failed, although I don't blame him for that because the main thing with QB's and WR"s is a timing feel and consistency in my opinion. Or in other words, if a players doesn't have a lot of time with the QB's throwing patterns and such, especially coming into a new season with a new OC like the Falcons had, if they are not 1st or 2nd options or injured also then they are not going to be that good. 

JMO........ 

If

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Noooooooooo!!!! Young players is the key. Old guys are the last to get added to a young roster. Julio should reamain our oldest wr. He’s the OG. 

It's about players that can help us win. No one cares who is the oldest receiver on the team. Your reasoning is utterly absurd.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

13 minutes ago, tactician said:

If

It's about players that can help us win. No one cares who is the oldest receiver on the team. Your reasoning is utterly absurd.

Not absurd at all. YOUTH is where you win. We can get old guys after we bring in young talent. I don’t expect you to understand at all but the fact of the matter is we don’t need another big wr. We need burners as #3 and #4.

Jordy doesn’t help us get better. He makes us slower. For one he ain’t gonna out run anybody from the slot or out quick anybody, which is what you need in OUR type of offense. They would rather give that chance to YOUNG wr’s like hall and Davis because we already HAVE a star vet in Julio.

We don’t need somebody else’s star vet from the wr position UNLESS he’s gonna be the guy. What wr did we ever bring in that was older than Roddy White when he was the man? TG when he was the man?? Who did the niners ever bring in that was older than Jerry Rice??

Show me a team that EVER brought in an older FORMER star from another team to be a #3?? Cause Mo is our #2. Randy Moss was brought in to be a #1 in NE. We have a #1. YOUNG talent is where you build a winner. AFTER we bring the young talent in THEN you Round out the edges with older vets. Like Dwight Freeney. Smith’s era did that kinda stuff. 

Winning in the nfl is about YOUTH. Period. The calves just got rid of all those and @ss vets and now they’re playing good basketball.  Who have the Steelers contemplated bringing in to be a #3 that was older than Brown?? They want YOUTH behind their star. It’s absurd how you don’t understand what wins championships in the nfl. 

vel, NeonDeion and Vandy like this

I want the Falcons to bring in a potentially good WR, but I don't think it will be Jordy. I was hoping for someone like Paul Richardson (seen this guy make some amazing catches) but the Redskins ended that. 

9 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I say we sign Pryor ...Julio sanu Pryor will be great 

Why do y’all want all these big wr’s across the board?? We need somebody BESIDES Julio that can take the top off. #3 and #4 should be sub 4.4 burners. We need YAC guys. We need to put stress in the defense. Not big body them to death. We need quick shifty guys. As far as I’m concerned give Hall and Davis a shot and draft a wr to battle for one of those 2 spots. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Why do y’all want all these big wr’s across the board?? We need somebody BESIDES Julio that can take the top off. #3 and #4 should be sub 4.4 burners. We need YAC guys. We need to put stress in the defense. Not big body them to death. We need quick shifty guys. As far as I’m concerned give Hall and Davis a shot and draft a wr to battle for one of those 2 spots. 

Dante Pettis gives us that AND an elite PR/KR. 2 birds 

TheFatboi, Slappywhite and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dante Pettis gives us that AND an elite PR/KR. 2 birds 

I don’t know much about him. I’ll look him up. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

They clearly didn't watch CAR try and fail with that. 

TheFatboi likes this

22 minutes ago, vel said:

They clearly didn't watch CAR try and fail with that. 

Right. and they must’ve forgotten about that during the smith era. Big wr’s across the board with the only speed coming from roddy and Julio while Roddy was in decline. Nobody was getting open but Julio. 

Vandy likes this

16 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Right. and they must’ve forgotten about that during the smith era. Big wr’s across the board with the only speed coming from roddy and Julio while Roddy was in decline. Nobody was getting open but Julio. 

I mean they can just turn to the Bills game. See what happens when the bottom of your depth chart is filled with slow possession guys. 

TheFatboi and Flying Falcon like this

23 minutes ago, vel said:

I mean they can just turn to the Bills game. See what happens when the bottom of your depth chart is filled with slow possession guys. 

Big Facts bro!!

13 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Had a nice career, was a high quality player for a good amount of time, not a whole lot left in the tank based on what I saw last year. 

I think we saw Davantae Adams progress much more than Jordy decline. Still put up decent numbers.

10 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Not absurd at all. YOUTH is where you win. We can get old guys after we bring in young talent. I don’t expect you to understand at all but the fact of the matter is we don’t need another big wr. We need burners as #3 and #4.

Jordy doesn’t help us get better. He makes us slower. For one he ain’t gonna out run anybody from the slot or out quick anybody, which is what you need in OUR type of offense. They would rather give that chance to YOUNG wr’s like hall and Davis because we already HAVE a star vet in Julio.

We don’t need somebody else’s star vet from the wr position UNLESS he’s gonna be the guy. What wr did we ever bring in that was older than Roddy White when he was the man? TG when he was the man?? Who did the niners ever bring in that was older than Jerry Rice??

Show me a team that EVER brought in an older FORMER star from another team to be a #3?? Cause Mo is our #2. Randy Moss was brought in to be a #1 in NE. We have a #1. YOUNG talent is where you build a winner. AFTER we bring the young talent in THEN you Round out the edges with older vets. Like Dwight Freeney. Smith’s era did that kinda stuff. 

Winning in the nfl is about YOUTH. Period. The calves just got rid of all those and @ss vets and now they’re playing good basketball.  Who have the Steelers contemplated bringing in to be a #3 that was older than Brown?? They want YOUTH behind their star. It’s absurd how you don’t understand what wins championships in the nfl. 

Lol....he asked for that one. Great post.

10 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

images-8.jpeg.484b1d31183e89ad6f31136d8ec371d1.jpeg

Preach Brother

6 hours ago, WisFalcon said:

He will be a patriot. 

Packers cut him to get rid of that 10 mil they owe him.

Yeah I just heard he likes the Patriots and Raiders

15 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

dude.. for reals bring him here.... If people can't see him as an upgrade over our #3 and #4 receivers, they are just being delusional

I see him more as #1 or #2 pass catching TE with limited blocking ability in the run game. Out goes Nelson, in comes Graham. Looks like that is how the Packers saw it. He is a great route runner. I see him as a less athletic M. Sanu. Nelson may be just a touch sharper running routes...but you are splitting hairs. 

If he comes for "our #3 and #4 receivers money", then you are correct. If he comes for Sanu dollars, we may need to rethink value. 

he's always open , clutch, and a true vet leader.    we need another wr  JJ Sanu and Jordy would be a nightmare wr corp to play against          but    we all know the FO won't pull the trigger, and we will see him sign for some super low deal, only to our FO sign some overrated WR next year for some stupid overpriced deal..     it never fails!!!

Gee-Q likes this