Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wartownfalcon

Jordy Nelson cut

102 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yep. Absolutely. I like our build thru the draft approach. I know many don’t but I’ve been preaching this for years. When Quinn got here that’s been our business model. This is how you build that conveyor belt I always mention. That’s how you become a manufacturing plant like NE. Build a core and fill spots in to complete a roster while not being afraid to let good players go for a younger player that was drafted to be competition to a vet. Ala Ty Law/Asante Samuel. The replacement should already be on the roster to avoid filling that spot in FA. Keeping the same principle. Build thru the draft. 

yep. 

TheFatboi likes this

4 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Yep. Wish we would have started about a season earlier but better late than never. 

That 2014 draft was a weird draft for most everyone, not just us.

TheFatboi likes this

30 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yep. Absolutely. I like our build thru the draft approach. I know many don’t but I’ve been preaching this for years. When Quinn got here that’s been our business model. This is how you build that conveyor belt I always mention. That’s how you become a manufacturing plant like NE. Build a core and fill spots in to complete a roster while not being afraid to let good players go for a younger player that was drafted to be competition to a vet. Ala Ty Law/Asante Samuel. The replacement should already be on the roster to avoid filling that spot in FA. Keeping the same principle. Build thru the draft. 

See bruh that's why I told you in the BD thread I always appreciate your posts. We have our foundation now we just have to keep adding young talented pieces.

TheFatboi and No.11 like this

Just now, federicofalcon2 said:

Honeslty I just hope that after missing out on Graham, this guy doesn't sign with the Aints

There’s some good TE fits for us in this upcoming draft as well. 

Just now, Vandy said:

There’s some good TE fits for us in this upcoming draft as well. 

I agree.  Honestly I would like to be able to pick up ASJ to be a complement to Hooper while Saubert develops so we wont have to pick a TE in this draft and use it for other means.  But its a win-win almost either way

Vandy likes this

5 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I agree.  Honestly I would like to be able to pick up ASJ to be a complement to Hooper while Saubert develops so we wont have to pick a TE in this draft and use it for other means.  But its a win-win almost either way

That’s how I feel. Only position we have what I would consider a true gaping hole is DT caused by D Poe’s departure. 

Now that he's not a Packer and I don't hate him, I think it'd be cool for him to somewhere like Arizona opposite Fitz.  

1 hour ago, Gee-Q said:

dude.. for reals bring him here.... If people can't see him as an upgrade over our #3 and #4 receivers, they are just being delusional

Don't think that's it. More about what someone will be willing to pay him vs our cap room vs our overall needs as a team. 

NeonDeion likes this

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s how I feel. Only position we have what I would consider a true gaping hole is DT caused by D Poe’s departure. 

And i feel that only became a hole because we didnt set ourselves up for the instance because we knew we weren't going to get him on a long term contract with Jarrett coming up.  I would love Taven Bryan or Payne in the first round because he wouldn't be needed to take on the every play role GJ has been put into and with cuts in preseason we can pick up a veteran somewhere later to alternate if we don't bring back Rubin, or anyone else who can run stop and pass rush part time

Vandy likes this

31 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

See bruh that's why I told you in the BD thread I always appreciate your posts. We have our foundation now we just have to keep adding young talented pieces.

Thanks bro. That’s how we start good for a long time and give ourselves a chance to win each year. As long as we have a franchise qb we have a chance and as long as the defense keeps getting better in highly increases our chances. Keep that young talent on the roster and we’re good. 

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Or maybe get Hurst in the first and Hand in the 2nd?  not sure they would BOTH be available but hey we can dream all we want.  LOL plus with our almost rounded out team we have fewer holes we might be able to double dip this year.

WR are a dime a dozen, especially nowadays with all these spread offenses in college. Unless you get a Julio Jones or Antonio Brown type that is head and shoulders better than the majority of those at their position, no need to spend money on one in FA and restock through the draft.

NeonDeion likes this

I like him as a solid 3 for the right price - it's all about the value of his contract.  Unlike ASJ or any other FA signed before June 1st, he wouldn't count towards the 2019 compensatory pick formula since he was cut

40 minutes ago, falconfanatic365 said:

I like him as a solid 3 for the right price - it's all about the value of his contract.  Unlike ASJ or any other FA signed before June 1st, he wouldn't count towards the 2019 compensatory pick formula since he was cut

Our 3 needs to be speedy and shifty. Can’t have all big wr’s on the field. As of right now Marvin Hall and Reggie Davis are the replacement Robinson and Gabriel. Which we missed last year. Robinson was a bigger piece of our success than ppl realize. 

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Our 3 needs to be speedy and shifty. Can’t have all big wr’s on the field. As of right now Marvin Hall and Reggie Davis are the replacement Robinson and Gabriel. Which we missed last year. Robinson was a bigger piece of our success than ppl realize. 

Your right and when gabe got here robinson rarely saw the field. We had a juggernaut here man.

TheFatboi likes this