wartownfalcon

Jordy Nelson cut

102 posts in this topic

I know he struggled a bit last year but Jordy Nelson has always been one of my favorite WR in the league. Depending on how much he wants, I'd love him here.

Shnikies likes this

I could see him going to Carolina. They have a need at WR, cheap vet, good on getting open once the QB breaks the pocket, and is tall enough to catch Cam’s overthrown passes. 

Or he’ll be a Patriot...

19 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I can see NE picking him up.

That was my first thought too

34 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Noooooooooo!!!! Young players is the key. Old guys are the last to get added to a young roster. Julio should reamain our oldest wr. He’s the OG. 

Agreed, he’s similar to where Roddy was in 2015. 

31 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Noooooooooo!!!! Young players is the key. Old guys are the last to get added to a young roster. Julio should reamain our oldest wr. He’s the OG. 

It's funny....the Falcons and Packers are sort of passing each other on the highway going opposite directions. GB is actively shopping in the FA market for the first time in forever while the Falcons appear focused on continuing to build through the draft with small-scale depth additions in FA. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agreed, he’s similar to where Roddy was in 2015. 

Exactly. And he was our OG WR then. Now it’s julio. We should never bring in a wr older than Julio. 

Vandy likes this

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's funny....the Falcons and Packers are sort of passing each other on the highway going opposite directions. GB is actively shopping in the FA market for the first time in forever while the Falcons appear focused on continuing to build through the draft with small-scale depth additions in FA. 

Yep. Absolutely. I like our build thru the draft approach. I know many don’t but I’ve been preaching this for years. When Quinn got here that’s been our business model. This is how you build that conveyor belt I always mention. That’s how you become a manufacturing plant like NE. Build a core and fill spots in to complete a roster while not being afraid to let good players go for a younger player that was drafted to be competition to a vet. Ala Ty Law/Asante Samuel. The replacement should already be on the roster to avoid filling that spot in FA. Keeping the same principle. Build thru the draft. 

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yep. Absolutely. I like our build thru the draft approach. I know many don’t but I’ve been preaching this for years. When Quinn got here that’s been our business model. This is how you build that conveyor belt I always mention. That’s how you become a manufacturing plant like NE. Build a core and fill spots in to complete a roster while not being afraid to let good players go for a younger player that was drafted to be competition to a vet. Ala Ty Law/Asante Samuel. The replacement should already be on the roster to avoid filling that spot in FA. Keeping the same principle. Build thru the draft. 

Yep. Wish we would have started about a season earlier but better late than never.