Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WiscoFalcon

Jimmy Graham to sign in GB

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I never understood why he was in the discussion of going to the Falcons anyway. Jimmy Graham is like the ANTI-Gonzalez character wise. He hates the Falcons. I know it for a fact. On NFL films/turning point with the Saints and Seahawks he always hated us like an arch-nemesis. I would not want that distraction on the Falcons roster. It's like when Isiah Thomas never gave af about playing with LeBron in his short time in Cleveland. People complained about not wanting Michael Bennett for political reasons but that's irrelevant, I wouldn't want a guy on my roster if he completely hates our team or franchise. 

Edited by mqg96

9 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Oh yeah? Well we are getting Dickson! So take that GB. 

I know some are laughing. But dude is a monster of a blocker. And I said it all last year that stark needed to run a test tight end set due to not having good blockers for Ryan. And now he finally does. 

If we got a RG and get the FB from the cowboys, I will feel happy enough to say we can go for defense in the draft 

red falcon and papachaz like this

It will be interesting to see how Rogers and Graham click. That could possibly be like Brady and Gronk. Who knows....

Just now, WiscoFalcon said:

Now the cut Nelson to make room for him. Wow. Lot of upset Packer fans here. It’s always been a Nelson love fest up here.

They released Nelson...

Annnnnnd the Patriots just signed him

2 minutes ago, WiscoFalcon said:

Now the cut Nelson to make room for him. Wow. Lot of upset Packer fans here. It’s always been a Nelson love fest up here.

It’s the right move. Nelson is regressing.

Flying Falcon likes this

Graham is soft. Probably figured out that going back to the Saints would mean getting blown up by Neal twice a year & opted for GB instead.

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It’s the right move. Nelson is regressing.

Oh I agree, but he’s still better than a further regressing Randall Cobb.

19 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, but Jimmy can’t block :slick:

sdogg likes this

26 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I know some are laughing. But dude is a monster of a blocker. And I said it all last year that stark needed to run a test tight end set due to not having good blockers for Ryan. And now he finally does. 

If we got a RG and get the FB from the cowboys, I will feel happy enough to say we can go for defense in the draft 

I hope you are right. Would just love another RZ Target. We have no one that is. 

46 minutes ago, WiscoFalcon said:

Per Schefter.

I didn't think It would be possible to dislike Jimmy Graham any more than I already did. Well, I was wrong.

I used to really dislike Graham as well, especially when he was a Saint. His on-field demeanor pissed me off. However, I read a story about him and had a change of heart. The guy had a very sad childhood. He was abandoned by his mother as a young boy (I want to say 10 or 13), who placed him in a group home. He pleaded with her to come and get him many times only for her to constantly turn her back on him and she never returned. He was eventually adopted and went on to do better in school and got a scholarship. So, I admire what he had to overcome, and I like the fact that good people came into his life and helped him get to a better place.

I still hate how he stuck it to the Falcons on the field like he did, and I did enjoy the times when Falcons defenders put a good hit on him to keep him from scoring, but I congratulate him on having such a long career now and getting another gig with GB. Not bad for a guy who only played one year of college ball.

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

with the returns so far, only appropriate that our first signing would be a guy named "Dickson".

sdogg likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

with the returns so far, only appropriate that our first signing would be a guy named "Dickson".

No doubt. Will probably be our biggest signing. 

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

No doubt. Will probably be our biggest signing. 

if we would have gotten Bennett and say it costs us a "4th" - I would be fine right now w/ no signings.

Falcons will eventually sign some "B" or "C" players - we have to - but it is nothing that will move the meter w/ the fans and just fill-out the roster type guys.

sdogg likes this

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

if we would have gotten Bennett and say it costs us a "4th" - I would be fine right now w/ no signings.

Falcons will eventually sign some "B" or "C" players - we have to - but it is nothing that will move the meter w/ the fans and just fill-out the roster type guys.

I agree. Wasn't a huge fan of Bennett, but I do know he is a force on the DL and would help the other pieces of the puzzle fall in place. We have to find a way to bring back Poe.