Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconofShadows

Falcons to still possibly go for Siemian

112 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Well it started out super deep but it still has Richardson and Poe available and DT draft isn’t crazy deep but it isn’t shallow either 

I would say its a big "no" after Vea. I'm not a huge fan. I mean they aren't bad but dang bro. We are wading on the shallow end of the pool. It would suck if Vea, Taven, and Payne are all gone. Then what? It gets "meh" very quickly. Richardson may be out of our price range. Poe may be priced out as well. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I would say its a big "no" after Vea. I'm not a huge fan. I mean they aren't bad but dang bro. We are wading on the shallow end of the pool. It would suck if Vea, Taven, and Payne are all gone. Then what? It gets "meh" very quickly. Richardson may be out of our price range. Poe may be priced out as well. 

Vea gone but Taven or Payne could still be there. And I still think we should try to get Poe back or Richardson on a short deal. We really need to invest in our lines. 

1 minute ago, NeonDeion said:

Vea gone but Taven or Payne could still be there. And I still think we should try to get Poe back or Richardson on a short deal. We really need to invest in our lines. 

I'm a die hard Bama fan. You think Payne would make a huge difference? I mean he could, but it takes a special type of DT to come out and make a difference in the first or second year. I would say he and Taven are decent enough, but for this season? I doubt it sincerely. I think Poe may be priced out.

I actually quite like this DT draft class in the 1st 3 rounds i've seen quite a few that shows good promise.   Maurice Hurst if his heart checks out is a dang good player.   But guys in the 2nd and 3rd round i like alot are  Tim Settle, R.J. Mcintosh, Trenton Thompson, and my personal fav. man crush B.J. Hill i think Hill is gonna be really good for someone getting him in the 3rd or later sorta like we did with Grady.    Alot of people like Phillips as well but im not as big on him as alot of people are overall.  But still those are some very good Dt prospects for the most part that could make a difference at the next level.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

I actually quite like this DT draft class in the 1st 3 rounds i've seen quite a few that shows good promise.   Maurice Hurst if his heart checks out is a dang good player.   But guys in the 2nd and 3rd round i like alot are  Tim Settle, R.J. Mcintosh, Trenton Thompson, and my personal fav. man crush B.J. Hill i think Hill is gonna be really good for someone getting him in the 3rd or later sorta like we did with Grady.    Alot of people like Phillips as well but im not as big on him as alot of people are overall.  But still those are some very good Dt prospects for the most part that could make a difference at the next level.

I don't see any of the guys you mentioned making a difference year one. Year two or three maybe, but not THIS year. Hill is overrated on the board for sure. Same as Settle. 

Just now, Knight of God said:

I don't see any of the guys you mentioned making a difference year one. Year two or three maybe, but not THIS year. Hill is overrated on the board for sure. Same as Settle. 

Don't even know if others like Hill that much i haven't paid attention to anyone else really.  I do all my own watching and scouting for the positions we need and Hill has performed very well in the majority i have seen of him so if others like him theirs probably a good reason why if they see in him what i seen while watching.      I also agree that most DT's won't come in year one and make a big impact and honestly that includes Vea as well.   They will perform solid but DT's as well as O-lineman usually take a year or so to get use to the trench talent compared to college their going against and learn techniques.    Thats why i want them now while both the OL and DT groups in this draft are deep with solid talent.  So they can get better as the next few years come for the rest of mats time as the Falcons QB and so they can grow with a young defense we are building.   If you want a legit stud to come in at DT to win this year to team with them im all for it but more than likely you need to get one in FA who is already playing well. So the younger DT's can be depth and learn from them for a year or 2 and be good rotation.  Like Grady did when he 1st got here behind Paul Soliai in 2015.   Most of these DT's like grady have great upside but need some tutoring it's a very hard position to come into.

12 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Don't even know if others like Hill that much i haven't paid attention to anyone else really.  I do all my own watching and scouting for the positions we need and Hill has performed very well in the majority i have seen of him so if others like him theirs probably a good reason why if they see in him what i seen while watching.      I also agree that most DT's won't come in year one and make a big impact and honestly that includes Vea as well.   They will perform solid but DT's as well as O-lineman usually take a year or so to get use to the trench talent compared to college their going against and learn techniques.    Thats why i want them now while both the OL and DT groups in this draft are deep with solid talent.  So they can get better as the next few years come for the rest of mats time as the Falcons QB and so they can grow with a young defense we are building.   If you want a legit stud to come in at DT to win this year to team with them im all for it but more than likely you need to get one in FA who is already playing well. So the younger DT's can be depth and learn from them for a year or 2 and be good rotation.  Like Grady did when he 1st got here behind Paul Soliai in 2015.   Most of these DT's like grady have great upside but need some tutoring it's a very hard position to come into.

Its not that deep man. They may be solid for the most part, but I don't see a group of must have guys. I mean, if you're drafting "need" then I guess, but "must have", nah I don't really see how. Deep is when you will have 1st and 2nd round talent in later rounds. This is what you call a pretty solid group of DT's. They aren't playmakers, or "must have guys" but in a year or two will be "solid" I guess. I can actually see waiting til the mid to late rounds if guys like Vea, Payne, Taven, and Hurst are gone and I would still likely see how far Hurst drops, even then I may pass. There could be a run on DT's, but this year the talent is RB, WR, TE, LB, and DB. I think maybe a couple guys go in the first and if they do, they will be long gone. I wouldn't risk the pick unless a real good plan is had.

51 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I'm a die hard Bama fan. You think Payne would make a huge difference? I mean he could, but it takes a special type of DT to come out and make a difference in the first or second year. I would say he and Taven are decent enough, but for this season? I doubt it sincerely. I think Poe may be priced out.

I think DT translate better than other positions. And we don’t need him to be a stud his first year, just take the heat off Grady some. Vic will be back rushing as well 

Just now, NeonDeion said:

I think DT translate better than other positions. And we don’t need him to be a stud his first year, just take the heat off Grady some. Vic will be back rushing as well 

RB, WR, LB, and DB tend to translate best. Then DE, TE, and DT. OL and QB are the hardest. Not really in that order, but at that rate. If all you want is a back-up then why not late round or UDFA?

42 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

RB, WR, LB, and DB tend to translate best. Then DE, TE, and DT. OL and QB are the hardest. Not really in that order, but at that rate. If all you want is a back-up then why not late round or UDFA?

I dunno. RB is the only real plug n play. TE def take time, DE def take time  and WR can too. 

And who said backup? I just said doesn’t have to be stud the first year just solid 

Its not that deep man. They may be solid for the most part, but I don't see a group of must have guys. I mean, if you're drafting "need" then I guess, but "must have", nah I don't really see how. Deep is when you will have 1st and 2nd round talent in later rounds. This is what you call a pretty solid group of DT's. They aren't playmakers, or "must have guys" but in a year or two will be "solid" I guess. I can actually see waiting til the mid to late rounds if guys like Vea, Payne, Taven, and Hurst are gone and I would still likely see how far Hurst drops, even then I may pass. There could be a run on DT's, but this year the talent is RB, WR, TE, LB, and DB. I think maybe a couple guys go in the first and if they do, they will be long gone. I wouldn't risk the pick unless a real good plan is had.

We fully disagree on the TE class thats not impressive at all to me i don't even see 1 legit 1st round TE in the class and only 2 2nd rounders.    RB i agree is loaded i like that alot as well as DB.    LB and WR are eh their solid but nothing spectacular i actually like this DT class better than i do the WR class.  LB is really top heavy to me with Smith, edmunds, and evans as the cream of the crop and then the 2nd group of guys i don't like as much as the 2nd group of DT's.   Now i will say i like this OG class coming out though as it is strong in late round 1all the way to 3rd round so it wouldn't be a bad target area in the 1st 3 rounds even with us getting one FA.     Also im pretty sure you don't like drafting needs and prefer to go BPA im guessing but Dimitroff prefers to go needs and has said so in interviews and proved it over the years.  Even went as far as to reach on needs for Neal and Debo we took them both a round earlier than most people expected us to and it paid off.  Scheme fit is probably the main thing he drafts off of when choosing those needs.  So i guess it's a target our biggest needs then draft BPA and scheme fit at those needs over just taking the BPA of any position at our pick.  Which is what the Ravens are more known for doing over the years lol.

Siemian traded to the Vikings and Tom Savage signed a 1 year deal with the Saints.

And to whoever said Savage would cost to much to sign as a FA. 1 year, 1.5 million with a

$ 100,000 signing bonus.