Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryantlanta

Imagine if the Taints lost Drew Brees

81 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The Aints are building a decent defense. It might be time to focus on that side of the ball. It wins championships.

I saw a clip somewhere last year of some Aint QB protege where Payton said the franchise QB is in the building.

Can't remember his name. Anyone know about him? The clips I saw of him he was ballin. Can run and pass.

Taysom HIll?  

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/12/taysom_hill_saints_quarterback.html

1 hour ago, saints4life25 said:

a771645d41fa795e64d9819f5693a211.jpg

you don't really want to see that, what would happen to all those loser transplants that came here after Ms Katrina came to see you that like it so much better here they don't want to go back to the toilet shaped state.......

hotlanta and Slappywhite like this

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah that's that mofo. I don't trust him worth a dam. Not with Payton. If he can coach him up he'll be a problem. Trust me.

Well he was third on the depth chart but he didn't even play QB lol.  I could see him learning from Brees and Payton and being a more multi faceted weapon then Newton with his mobility.

3 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Well he was third on the depth chart but he didn't even play QB lol.  I could see him learning from Brees and Payton and being a more multi faceted weapon then Newton with his mobility.

True but Payton saw enough to say the next Aint QB is in the building. He seemed serious. We'll see in a couple months.

If he really feels that way I'd let Brees go and spend that money on the defense and a couple weapons for ole boy.

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I just heard the Saints want him at 22 mil ....But Brees like h€ll nawl...

And no i dont have a D@mn link

Add the 6m cap hit, they may not be able to afford him for more than 22m.  If they kick the can down the road much more, they may not be able to afford those rookies they drafted. 

From what I read there is some pressure for Brees to get market value so he doesn't devalue the QB position.  Interesting.

7 minutes ago, james b said:

Add the 6m cap hit, they may not be able to afford him for more than 22m.  If they kick the can down the road much more, they may not be able to afford those rookies they drafted. 

From what I read there is some pressure for Brees to get market value so he doesn't devalue the QB position.  Interesting.

Interesting.

That sounds like when Tom Glavine was being pressured by the MLB Players Union to take the biggest contract (Mets) he could get instead of signing for a hometown discount to stay with the Braves.

james b likes this

2 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Interesting.

That sounds like when Tom Glavine was being pressured by the MLB Players Union to take the biggest contract (Mets) he could get instead of signing for a hometown discount to stay with the Braves.

The union thing is real and I stated it weeks ago. He is heavily involved with the union and he isn't going to want to accept a lesser deal and set a precedent for aging QBs. Condon isn't going to go for it either because it hurts his other clients.

However, they got cap room. He is counting $6m currently. They can give him a 3yr deal,  $1m salary, $25m signing bonus and his cap hit would be $15million this yr and he would earn $26m in cash. 

That example is a bit extreme, but they can easily get him signed with a $20m cap number and go from there. 

In future years, the number will be higher, and they will probably be creative with roster bonuses, or even more years, but they will kick it down the road. 

Risky to do with a QB his age but I think it gets done. I hope it doesn't.

26 minutes ago, james b said:

Really??...... D@mn

james b likes this

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Brees does not seem to me to be the type who would waste much effort in training his successor or making him feel comfortable.

papachaz and federicofalcon2 like this

31 minutes ago, james b said:

That's what i'd want them to do. Kick the can down the road to go for the Super Bowl the next couple of years and then watch the collapse for a few years. In that scenario, I wonder if Payton would even stick around to pick up the pieces.

james b likes this

I doubt he leaves NO, but like most have said on here, I wish he would go to the AFC....someone needs to give Brady a challenge over there. 

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I hope he goes but Brees on the Vikings is a bigger threat to a SB than Brees on the Saints IMO.

send him to the AFC.

Vikings reached out to him , wouldn't that be beautiful to see them get screwed by the Vikings twice in 4 months.

1989Fan and CrimsonFalcon like this

1 hour ago, Slappywhite said:

Vikings reached out to him , wouldn't that be beautiful to see them get screwed by the Vikings twice in 4 months.

Nah not really. Brees going to a Top 5 defense with that rookie RB coming back from injury? I'll pass on that.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

35 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Nah not really. Brees going to a Top 5 defense with that rookie RB coming back from injury? I'll pass on that.

At least they'd only play him next year if  both the Vikes and the Falcons made the playoffs. And the Saints would be horrible, which would be fun.

AF89 and Slappywhite like this

59 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Bring back the baggies ,  helps cover up the not so attractive Stains fans.

hi-res-72e2c478b9cd122872fb7fd4a689b9ab_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

if only they would go 'plastic' instead of paper...... :ninja::ninja:

:lol::lol:

Slappywhite likes this

15 hours ago, papachaz said:

you don't really want to see that, what would happen to all those loser transplants that came here after Ms Katrina came to see you that like it so much better here they don't want to go back to the toilet shaped state.......

I guess they'd have to go somewhere else. B)

15 hours ago, jeebus said:

Louisiana would be ranked 48th in education instead of 49th.

Progress!

14 hours ago, middlegatv said:

LOL.

Is that the best you can do?

Go home.

I ain't trying to get bant!

12 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

LOL  nuff said 

11 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

89BB480A-0C1F-4B17-ACAC-14B9C5586D27.jpeg

Iron Saint likes this