Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcon Ben

Let's Just Nip This in the Bud...

74 posts in this topic

Just now, Hingle McCringleberry said:

If dimitroff can pick up Suh and not kill the cap hit, then do it. However, there are still positions that need to be tended to. 

It can be done. There's multiple ways to structure deals around the salary cap.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And how many of those guys are true playmakers? As KOG keeps saying, get some ******* playmakers on this team. As I keep saying, get some ******* nasty on this team! Sick of this soft as butter ******** approach. Boy scout wonderbread hobo taco stuff.

It is kind of annoying watching the Falcons only pick up depth in FA. However last year they went and got Poe, albeit only on a 1 year deal. the year before that, they got Mack. Most of the FA will be depth, but there will probably be atleast one big name signing this offseason.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And how many of those guys are true playmakers? As KOG keeps saying, get some ******* playmakers on this team. As I keep saying, get some ******* nasty on this team! Sick of this soft as butter ******** approach. Boy scout wonderbread hobo taco stuff.

I'd be all for the Falcons signing Suh if they can make him fit, he'd change everything for this defense, but I don't really understand the complaint.  I don't think this team is soft.

Just now, 7979 said:

I thought Poe and Grady would live in the opponents backfield..................

The defense did live in the backfield the 7th most of all the teams. Just needed a little more.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah Sign Suh - but don’t beotch 2 years from now when Falcons let guys like Debo or Keanu walk.

The fact that Suh, Bennett, Sherman just got cut is basically lost on some of you.   There is a reason they got cut and mostly had to do with value vs contract.

Just now, Peyton said:

I'd be all for the Falcons signing Suh if they can make him fit, he'd change everything for this defense, but I don't really understand the complaint.  I don't think this team is soft.

Soft as butter. It's why we still can't run the ball and pick up 1 ******* yard when we need it the most. Maybe the Falcons wouldn't have so much dead money if they stopped spending it on guys like Jack Crawford and Derrick Shelby who have never done a **** thing in the NFL. What makes them give contracts to guys who haven't earned it over real game-changers like Suh? Stupid. I want a Lombardi dammit!! Where's poker steve when you need him?

Just now, g-dawg said:

Yeah Sign Suh - but don’t beotch 2 years from now when Falcons let guys like Debo or Keanu walk.

The fact that Suh, Bennett, Sherman just got cut is basically lost on some of you.   There is a reason they got cut and mostly had to do with value vs contract.

Tell me this G-dawg, how can the Saints be in "salary cap ****" according to this folks on this message board and yet sign big name guys all the time? Oh wait, it's because there's always ways around the salary cap and they find a way to make it work.

Also, don't tell me what's lost on me or not lost on me. I know exactly why they got cut and I know exactly what the Falcons should do. Arthur Blank should be wining and dining Suh in Atlanta at 7 PM tonight. But no, not gonna happen. Let's keep all our salary cap space and continue to spend it on ******** players like Levine Toilolo, Jack Crawford and Derrick Shelby.

1 minute ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

The defense did live in the backfield the 7th most of all the teams. Just needed a little more.

I hear you and this is a statistical fact.

It was MIA in the second half of the Eagles game........when it really mattered.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Tell me this G-dawg, how can the Saints be in "salary cap ****" according to this folks on this message board and yet sign big name guys all the time? Oh wait, it's because there's always ways around the salary cap and they find a way to make it work.

Also, don't tell me what's lost on me or not lost on me. I know exactly why they got cut and I know exactly what the Falcons should do. Arthur Blank should be wining and dining Suh in Atlanta at 7 PM tonight. But no, not gonna happen. Let's keep all our salary cap space and continue to spend it on ******** players like Levine Toilolo, Jack Crawford and Derrick Shelby.

Calm down my friend.  Too much coffee, today?

Who wouldn't love to have Ndamakong Suh?   He's averaged 60 tackles/season and 5 sacks/season the last two years - How much money do you want to give him?  He's 31 years old.  How many years?

I was all for trading for Bennett as we could get him fairly cheap on salary and probably could have had him for 4th round pick.   Signing Suh would cost you not only the likely $14-15mm/yr and 3 year deal - but probably wipes out a 3rd or 4th round comp pick as well that would be heading our way - PLUS - I don't think he is as much what we need as Bennett would have been.

I totally understand that there is "more than stats" to playing DTackle but honestly - Suh has been in the witness protection program since joining the Dolphins.

Suh is a depreciating asset and he doesn't get to the QB - however he is a NAME and somebody will probably pay for his name - it shouldn't be the Falcons.   When you pay top dollar - you better be right.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Who wouldn't love to have Ndamakong Suh?   He's averaged 60 tackles/season and 5 sacks/season the last two years - How much money do you want to give him?  He's 31 years old.  How many years?

I was all for trading for Bennett as we could get him fairly cheap on salary and probably could have had him for 4th round pick.   Signing Suh would cost you not only the likely $14-15mm/yr and 3 year deal - but probably wipes out a 3rd or 4th round comp pick as well that would be heading our way - PLUS - I don't think he is as much what we need as Bennett would have been.

I totally understand that there is "more than stats" to playing DTackle but honestly - Suh has been in the witness protection program since joining the Dolphins.

Suh is a depreciating asset and he doesn't get to the QB - however he is a NAME and somebody will probably pay for his name - it shouldn't be the Falcons.   When you pay top dollar - you better be right.

I'm just sick of the Falcons doing the same thing every off season and expecting different results.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't think gaining or losing a comp pick should factor in the decision to sign FAs. It says to me that the team is cares more about the future than this season. If the Falcons weren't contenders, then I would be ok with it. Yes it would be nice to have a 3rd or 4th round comp pick next year, but I would rather sign an impactful FA this year.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Guys that are released don't count in the comp pick formula, just guys with expiring contracts.

g-dawg likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just sick of the Falcons doing the same thing every off season and expecting different results.

Yeah because the team's been so terrible for so long.

Geez man our fanbase has gotten a bit spoiled.

3 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I don't think gaining or losing a comp pick should factor in the decision to sign FAs. It says to me that the team is cares more about the future than this season. If the Falcons weren't contenders, then I would be ok with it. Yes it would be nice to have a 3rd or 4th round comp pick next year, but I would rather sign an impactful FA this year.

Actually I was wrong, since he was not on expiring contract, I don’t believe he counts in comp formula.

Having said that, my argument is still the same - 31yrs old, 5 sacks per year - good run stopper, should be declining in next few years.

What are you willing to pay Suh?

Actually I was wrong, since he was not on expiring contract, I don’t believe he counts in comp formula.

Having said that, my argument is still the same - 31yrs old, 5 sacks per year - good run stopper, should be declining in next few years.

3 years, 30 million, and a chance to win a couple of rings.  Sign here N......

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What am I willing to pay Suh? That's a hard one for me. Thats why I am on the fence about him, it has nothing to do with the caliber of player he is, it has more to do with the rest of the team. I wouldn't want to get pigeon holed into drafting specific players in specific positions. Unless Suh can be signed as well as a TE like ASJ and a G. However, if Suh can be had at a reasonable price, I could entertain the thought of drafting a G at 26. 

8 minutes ago, Peyton said:

3 years, 30 million, and a chance to win a couple of rings.  Sign here N......

He is not going to sign for that - PLUS - I don’t think his production would warrant even that contract.

Osiruz likes this

37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL....all of them except for Schaub. Mack is All-Pro. They rest are extremely solid players. 

He is not going to sign for that - PLUS - I don’t think his production would warrant even that contract.

Im on the side that DL age well. Suh would most definetely improve our DL and I think a 3yr-30m is worth the production he can bring.

1 minute ago, NeonDeion said:

LOL....all of them except for Schaub. Mack is All-Pro. They rest are extremely solid players. 

What have Derrick Shelby and Jack Crawford ever done in the NFL?