Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcon Ben

Let's Just Nip This in the Bud...

74 posts in this topic

yeah, there is no part of what Suh is gonna get paid that is going to fit the Falcons roster strategy.  Suh is gonna get $15mm per year at least.

Vandy likes this

Might be something to consider under the right terms. I do understand why people would be reluctant, but him and Grady would live in the opponents backfield. I trust the front office to make the right decision. 

EB2124 likes this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, there is no part of what Suh is gonna get paid that is going to fit the Falcons roster strategy.  Suh is gonna get $15mm per year at least.

Suh's asking price will be the majority of the Falcons cap space. No chance at getting depth after that.

Upstate NY Falcon and g-dawg like this

5 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

Might be something to consider under the right terms. I do understand why people would be reluctant, but him and Grady would live in the opponents backfield. I trust the front office to make the right decision. 

he is just too expensive.   won't happen.  

7 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

Yes, him and Grady would terrorize opposing offensive lines. However, there is more than one spot that could be addressed in FA. If Matts extension clears a large sum of the cap up, then maybe. Also, if they can get Jake's extension done and clear up even more cap space.

BirdFan33 likes this

He’s such a dirty player I don’t want him on our team.

That said, it makes sense some people do. But **** no at his price.

At 10M/per its a no-brainer, but not at what he will command 

Yeah. Let's just keep all our cap space like we do every year. That strategy always works out well for the Falcons. It's why they've got a cabinet full of lombardi's.

I'm gonna trust the staff to know who is a good get and who is not but Suh costs too much and even though he has been fairly quiet with the dumb stuff, I still don't care much for him so I hope we're not kicking the tires.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah. Let's just keep all our cap space like we do every year. That strategy always works out well for the Falcons. It's why they've got a cabinet full of lombardi's.

Its one thing to eat up the entire cap to field a a team with quality players throughout the roster. Completely different to go into FA with 18m in cap space and spend all of it on one player, while there are still other postions to fill.

If the money is right, abso-freaking-lutely.  The goal here is to improve the roster talent.  Suh is a huge improvement. 

Suh has made 124 million dollars in his career and allegedly told the Eagles he had made enough money and would play for them for free.  Well I guess we are going to see if they guy wants to win.  He's never won anything so this is his chance to go to a winner. 

Just now, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Its one thing to eat up the entire cap to field a a team with quality players throughout the roster. Completely different to go into FA with 18m in cap space and spend all of it on one player, while there are still other postions to fill.

I just don't understand. Folks here ***** and moan about the Saints being in salary cap heIl all the time but somehow they keep signing players. The Falcons NEVER ******* SIGN anyone and yet they never have any cap space to do anything. How in the mother****ing ******** ******* horse**** does that happen?

athell likes this

I'm stick and tired of the way the Atlanta Falcons do business. Win the ******* Super Bowl for crying out loud. We ain't going to have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones forever!!  After that we'll probably go back to the days of Jeff "My ego is too big for my pants" George and the likes. Ugh!! Just ******* ******** man! Tired of all the Atlanta teams being cheap ****** who don't give a **** about winning. Rathers just pocket the money and hope chic and chong turn into some pot of gold.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just don't understand. Folks here ***** and moan about the Saints being in salary cap heIl all the time but somehow they keep signing players. The Falcons NEVER ******* SIGN anyone and yet they never have any cap space to do anything. How in the mother****ing ******** ******* horse**** does that happen?

Because as a whole people don't truly understand how flexible and creative teams can be with the cap.  All they see is $HUGEMONEY and automatically assume there is no way to get it done.

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Poe, Crawford, Clayborn, Reed, Sanu, Shelby, Alex Mack, Courtney Upshaw, Schaub.....all signed in the last 3 years.

NeonDeion likes this

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

Poe, Crawford, Clayborn, Reed, Sanu, Shelby, Alex Mack, Courtney Upshaw, Schaub.....all signed in the last 3 years.

And how many of those guys are true playmakers? As KOG keeps saying, get some ******* playmakers on this team. As I keep saying, get some ******* nasty on this team! Sick of this soft as butter ******** approach. Boy scout wonderbread hobo taco stuff.

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Because as a whole people don't truly understand how flexible and creative teams can be with the cap.  All they see is $HUGEMONEY and automatically assume there is no way to get it done.

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm stick and tired of the way the Atlanta Falcons do business. Win the ******* Super Bowl for crying out loud. We ain't going to have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones forever!!  After that we'll probably go back to the days of Jeff "My ego is too big for my pants" George and the likes. Ugh!! Just ******* ******** man! Tired of all the Atlanta teams being cheap ****** who don't give a **** about winning. Rathers just pocket the money and hope chic and chong turn into some pot of gold.

If dimitroff can pick up Suh and not kill the cap hit, then do it. However, there are still positions that need to be tended to.