VTCrunkler

I'm sold on Taven Bryan

82 posts in this topic

I don't think his game is anything like Donald's.  In our defense, he will probably play more base DE than DT.  But, hey, he is a very good prospect.  

Vandy, gtech1 and Kayoh like this

Posted (edited)

Bryan will be the pick if avalibale imo. His first step is insane. 1.68 10 yard split is crazy. Exactly what DQ wants in his dlineman. Bryan is a ball of clay right now and if DQ can get his hands on him watch out. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

8 hours ago, etherdome said:

I don't think his game is anything like Donald's.  In our defense, he will probably play more base DE than DT.  But, hey, he is a very good prospect.  

You reckon I see him playing inside for the majority of the time especially because we'll be in the nickel 65-70% of the time.

ps Bryan all day if available at 26.

atlbaby and Slappywhite like this

Taven is more of a bullruaher than had does other moves, like swim moves.  But his stature is shorter and stockier. He reminds me of Donald or other gap penetrating undersized d linemen.  I recall fletcher cox wasn't the biggest coming out of South Carolina.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:59 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Just saw his highlight reel. We would be very fortunate if he was available at 26. He could provide a major push in the middle on passing downs. He reminds me of Aaron Donald. 

I disagree with the Donald comp. 

But I agree with everything else. He's an ideal fit for an SDE/nickel DT role like what Michael Bennett played in Seattle. I'd think Joey Bosa is a better comp.

VTCrunkler likes this

2 minutes ago, Scott Carasik said:

I disagree with the Donald comp. 

But I agree with everything else. He's an ideal fit for an SDE/nickel DT role like what Michael Bennett played in Seattle. I'd think Joey Bosa is a better comp.

Bosa was a lot more athletic and productive at OSU than Bryan. I think Bryan's best comp is Cameron Jordan.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:59 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Just saw his highlight reel. We would be very fortunate if he was available at 26. He could provide a major push in the middle on passing downs. He reminds me of Aaron Donald. 

Really....you think he can be that good ?

19 minutes ago, caver50 said:

Really....you think he can be that good ?

he's nowhere close to Donald in any facet of his game. Donald was a legitimate generational prospect at DT. Bryan is a very good prospect, no doubt, but there's a guy like him in every few drafts.

Bobby.Digital likes this

Honestly when I see him play I see Rod Coleman. The way he wins early, he lacks the footwork of Donald and the hands and flexibility. I see it the same for Jordan and Watt, don't see the bend. I like the Bennett comparison too, though. 

VTCrunkler likes this

12 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Bosa was a lot more athletic and productive at OSU than Bryan. I think Bryan's best comp is Cameron Jordan.

kayoh i have a question at 26 bryan, phillips, and payne are available which one wiuld you take and in which order do you balue the three?

On 3/11/2018 at 7:30 AM, Power I said:

He's in play at the top of my board too. I just have a strange feeling this will be a trade for our guy kind of draft though. 

Lol really? Isn’t that every TD draft? Haha 

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Ok this thread has comparisons to Donald, Jordan, Coleman, JJ freaking Watt. How is he not going Top 10?

Because there comparisons JJ Watt Donald Jordan didn't go top 10 in fact.

The basically saying what he could be not what he is.

4 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

kayoh i have a question at 26 bryan, phillips, and payne are available which one wiuld you take and in which order do you balue the three?

definitely bryan, then phillips, then payne.

On 3/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, VTCrunkler said:

I recall fletcher cox wasn't the biggest coming out of South Carolina

The 6-4 298lb DT our of Mississippi State who ran a sub 4.7 40? You thinking of someone else crunky?

g-dawg likes this

16 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Ok this thread has comparisons to Donald, Jordan, Coleman, JJ freaking Watt. How is he not going Top 10?

LOL 

20 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

People don't compare prospects to mediocre players. No one gets excited about the next Kentwan Balmer. 

Stryka likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

People don't compare prospects to mediocre players. No one gets excited about the next Kentwan Balmer. 

People compare to solid players all the time though. They could compare to a lot of different DTs, but these are not just All-Pros but HOFs and Generational talents 

Edited by NeonDeion

19 hours ago, Kayoh said:

wow thats intereating i was expecting them in reverse order. so is it bryans athleticism that your sold on? i thought he looked to small at the combine, and that we needed a run stuffer to take poes place. of course have a front four with jarrett, beasley, mckinley, and bryan would definotely put pressure on qb’s. i just hope our lb’s can come up and stuff the run

19 hours ago, Kayoh said:

so when are you doing your first mock?