Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MayorWest13

MayorWest13's 2018 Mock

10 posts in this topic

Anyways hope you enjoy, I included some people I hope we pick up in FA. 

FA pick ups

Cody Latimer

• Good special teams player and he has shown flashes while in the league still only 25. A change in scenery/QB could help him now.  Could be an under the radar signing. Either way will benefit us on special teams.

Dominique Easley

Daquan Jones

Barkevious Mingo

• The Indianapolis Colts also used Mingo effectively in coverage. According to Pro Football Focus (PFF), Mingo played 132 snaps in coverage, the 5th most snaps among edge defenders. In those 132 snaps, PFF grades Mingo as the second best edge defender in coverage with a 77.8.
  • While Mingo’s coverage grade ranks among the NFL’s best, his run defense and pass rush grade leave something to be desired. PFF grade’s Mingo’s pass rushing in 2017 as a 65.3 and his run defense as a 58.9. His overall grade comes out as a 72.1 (70th among edge defenders.) His overall grade of 72.1 is the highest grade Mingo has posted since his sophomore season with the Browns.
  • http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/barkevious-mingos-2017-performance-an-in-depth-look/
  • He provides needed depth as he can play end and lb.  Essentially doing what Beasley did last year. Displaying good coverage skills but needing work on other aspects of his game. Could become a keyback up. 

Draft

Round 1 Isaiah Wynn 

I feel Wynn is the best guard that could be available but I would also be happy with Hernandez. Would be happy with either.

Alt Pick Will Hernandez

Round 2 Hayden Hurst 

•  Personally don’t feel that we need a TE this early, but the value would be too good. I’m a big fan of Ian Thomas later in the draft as well if we don’t go TE early

Round 3 Kyzir White NB/SS

• Feel like he would give us a needed upgrade at NB.
  • Alt pick Shaquem Griffen

Round 4 Genard Avery LB

• Can push Duke or just take the starting job from him. I think Duke improved but he was so bad to start.
  • Alt pick Igwebuike Godwin

Round 6 Javon Wims or a back up QB

• Alt pick Kylie fitts

Round 7 Ryan Nall 

Alt pick any FB left. 

Doctor Kildare likes this

I am not really behind the Latimer and Mingo signings.  

Your draft is logical and somewhat realistic, so I respect the effort.  

I like Wynn in the first, but I think Hernandez will eventually become the better OG.  Wynn is better for us because he is the perfect ZBS OG and he is capable of backing up OT.  

RedandBlack4ever likes this

I like your DTs, DE, TE, FB, WR and OG. The others I'm like who, and then I looked and then I stopped. It's solid but a few cards shy of a royal flush.

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

I am not really behind the Latimer and Mingo signings.  

Your draft is logical and somewhat realistic, so I respect the effort.  

I like Wynn in the first, but I think Hernandez will eventually become the better OG.  Wynn is better for us because he is the perfect ZBS OG and he is capable of backing up OT.  

I can see why the hesitation behind Latimer and Mingo. Latimer I think has the potential to be a key contributor and I think he can do it in our offense.  I just think Quinn can utilize Mingo's talent's very effectively. 

I actually like the Mingo and Lattimor pickups. Mingo just needs a coach who can utilize him better. Cory has talent, but was stuck behind Sanders. Hard to play 2 slot guys.