Dontari Poe discuss the Falcons

atljbo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, athell said:

It is...we have seen Andy and Brooks take less to stay so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility as unlikely as it is.

I mean thats the culture Quinn has here .... Poe took less to come here last year ... 2 teams offered him more.

I dont see it this year

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Believe it or not, a lot of players will take less to win.

Not that I'll ever have to make the decision, but I know losing would eat at me so much that I would take $8M with a top organization rather than $12M with a team going nowhere.  At some point quality of life has to matter.

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I mean thats the culture Quinn has here .... Poe took less to come here last year ... 2 teams offered him more.

I dont see it this year

Trust me, I get it.  I'm all for players maximizing their money and value while they can and won't hold it over his head if he cashes out.

I'll still hold onto hope that he returns but I realize it is highly unlikely. :)

I’d love for him to stay here, but I understand he wants to cash in on his craft while he still can. Great guy and good player. I appreciate him playing in the red and black last year. Best of luck to him wherever he goes, but not if he’s playing against our birds. 

Just now, brewman said:

Not that I'll ever have to make the decision, but I know losing would eat at me so much that I would take $8M with a top organization rather than $12M with a team going nowhere.  At some point quality of life has to matter.

I highly disagree with this...lol... I would take that 12 and run...... Bruh that 8 is not 8.... cut that in half when uncle same comes.

not if someone is offering 8 and a bad teal is offereing 10 ... maybe ... but no way am i leaving 16 mil on the table in a 4 year deal.... aint noooooooooo way

Just now, atljbo said:

I highly disagree with this...lol... I would take that 12 and run...... Bruh that 8 is not 8.... cut that in half when uncle same comes.

not if someone is offering 8 and a bad teal is offereing 10 ... maybe ... but no way am i leaving 16 mil on the table in a 4 year deal.... aint noooooooooo way

Obviously it's going to vary with every players situation; including their tolerance for losing.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Trust me, I get it.  I'm all for players maximizing their money and value while they can and won't hold it over his head if he cashes out.

I'll still hold onto hope that he returns but I realize it is highly unlikely. :)

ive heard his market is very very good ..... I hold out hope also but ill be honest... With having to pay Jarrett 10+ mil.... im not paying 2 guys 10+ mil a year at the DT position

with the guys we have  have to sign.... i dont think we can afford Tru and Alford in a year or 2

9 minutes ago, CTann said:

I’d love for him to stay here, but I understand he wants to cash in on his craft while he still can. Great guy and good player. I appreciate him playing in the red and black last year. Best of luck to him wherever he goes, but not if he’s playing against our birds. 

Since we missed on Bennet, I wouldn’t be surprised if Poe does come back with a longer term contact that’s bonus heavy and backloaded. He’s gonna be better in year two .

if he does come back I expect a base DE like Tavin Bryan or Sam Hubbard to be in our draft plans

@Knight of God and @Vandy thoughts?

Just now, MSalmon said:

Since we missed on Bennet, I wouldn’t be surprised if Poe does come back with a longer term contact that’s bonus heavy and backloaded. He’s gonna be better in year two .

if he does come back I expect a base DE like Tavin Bryan or Sam Hubbard to be in our draft plans

100% agree with all of that.

No Poe, then I’m leaning DT or G at 26. With Poe, I’m leaning towards a base DE like Bryan. I like Bryan’s game.

Just now, CTann said:

100% agree with all of that.

No Poe, then I’m leaning DT or G at 26. With Poe, I’m leaning towards a base DE like Bryan. I like Bryan’s game.

Yeah, I agree. We get Poe I wouldn’t be surprised to see a cb like Oliver, or a FS like Reid as first pick. Rico will be overpriced.

id love to have that vet presence in Poe , and draft BJ Hill in 3rd. 

27 minutes ago, brewman said:

I think if it is close, he'll stay with the Falcons. But it has to be very close. While he may get smaller and shorter deals at the end of his career, this is probably Poe's last big contract to secure the rest of his life after football.

Edited by Doctor Kildare

20 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

@Knight of God and @Vandy thoughts?

I like those odds. So long as we upgrade the secondary.