Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryantlanta

Eric Weems Cut by Titans Bring him home TD?

58 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ryantlanta said:

Cheap efficient return man bring him home TD! Or just special teams ace in general. Wasn’t he our special teams captain when he was here?

Lol! Eff nooo!!! 

2 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Cheap efficient return man bring him home TD! Or just special teams ace in general. Wasn’t he our special teams captain when he was here?

Return wha....??? 

We might as well keep Roberts if we are going to sign this guy back to return kicks! 

He is a great Gunner on special teams but that’s all I am saying he is.

2 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

Heck NO!! I know Andre Roberts was crap last year but let’s not forget how bad Weems was the year before him! They need a young fresh face back there. Or give someone who is already on the roster a shot. But, by no means, bring Weems back.. 

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Just for putting “Weems” and “Return Man” in the same sentence, I am thinking a ban is appropriate.

Give 'em a break. He probably just forgot to use a comma... like, "What do you think about the possibility of a Weems return, man?" :)

6 minutes ago, k-train said:

Give 'em a break. He probably just forgot to use a comma... like, "What do you think about the possibility of a Weems return, man?" :)

Oh.... My bad!! 

I didn’t notice that. 

ROTFLMAO

papachaz and k-train like this

5 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Kroy Biermann anyone?

Wrong. Kroy Biermann got far too much hate from fans. He had a solid NFL career for a 5th round pick from an FCS school.

papachaz likes this

Weems has his time in the sun....he may get a one year contract to be on spec teams, but I think he will likely be done.

Hes been in the league longer than Matt Ryan...

39 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

As much heat Roberts gets, dude had a couple TDs wiped due to foolishness. We can do better, but let's not forget Roberts lost 2-3 run backs

Yep. He was not good, but he was not nearly as bad as people make him out to be either.

For what it's worth, he actually was top 10 on kick returns. Where he struggled was on punt returns, and even then he's pretty much in the middle of the pack.

1st in number of KR
3rd in KR yardage
10th in YPR

11th in number of PR
17th in PR yardage
18th in YPR

5 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

No

20 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Didn't want him when we had him, now we want him back??

Crazy how it took Roberts playing for some of us to see just how much better (even though it wasn't much) with Weems. LOL.  I'm still hoping we can get Hall or Davis back there.  I really feel we can have them returning as well as being weapons on this offense like Hester was when he was on top for this team.  I know KOs are important but I just hate the fact of having a player taking an extra spot for a position like that when they don't add anything else on defense or offense.  I like having a returner who doubles as another piece of productivity.  It helps us with other spots not having to carry an extra roster spot.  Weems, Hester and Douglas all played ST but still carried on offense as well.  I think that's how it should be.