How to fix the Falcons Offense (Sark) this offseason

I know that the Falcons won't give up on Sark, so this is how you fix the issue(s).  Grab two Offensive Coaches on the rise, like an offensive line coach and a Qb coach.  Pay them loads of money and assign them new positions that haven't been in the NFL like Offensive adjuster and Offensive assistant coordinator.  Have them evaluate players and the teams we face.  The Offensive adjuster would scope out the competition and tell Sark how to approach each team every week.  The Offensive assistant coordinator would help design a plan based on the OJ' approach with Sark giving the final ok.  Also, in the first rd, we should get an all-rounder RB rather than the scatbacks we have so that we can have a one-two punch running game.  Just my thoughts.

A power running game. Pass action off of it. I few gadget plays here and there. Sounds like mularkey. But it simplifies the play calling for shark and take pressure of Matt Ryan. Controls the clock and keeps our defense fresh.

It worked against the rams. They pounded them into dust. Jmho

Edited by RazorWing

I'm all for further additions. Totally cool. 

In terms of obvious steps moving forward:

1) Focus on getting TeCo/Freeman more involved in the passing game
2) Focus on awareness of developing game conditions and reacting appropriately (ie lean on TeCo when he was gashing the Eagles for 7 yards a touch)
3) More pre-snap motion. 
4) More work over the middle of the field. 

42 minutes ago, athell said:

You shoulda kept this one to yourself...

Because of me, or the fact that I knew you were gonna be the first one to defend Sark again? 

I promise I'm not starting another Sark conversation. Out. 

I'm not downing Sark but he obviously didn't gameplan for the NFL well.  Even the HC said so.  I'm also not knocking his strategy but he tried to run the I-formation and many of his plays needed a power runner.  I'm saying stay with his agenda but provide him with help.  This team can win NOW, why not provide him with help?

1 hour ago, red2play said:

I'm not downing Sark but he obviously didn't gameplan for the NFL well.  Even the HC said so.  I'm also not knocking his strategy but he tried to run the I-formation and many of his plays needed a power runner.  I'm saying stay with his agenda but provide him with help.  This team can win NOW, why not provide him with help?

Because whoever we hire to do Sarks job will have to be paid as a offensive coordinator.. Then we would have 2, and I know for sure one of them already sucks

1 hour ago, red2play said:

Liar

Yeah, yeah, KEEP Sark, but hire others to more or less do his job for him, and strip him of his power, of course. That way he can move more and more to a figurehead position, making his being here utterly pointless to begin wi...oh I get it.

Red zone offense.

2016 - 61.9% success rate
2017 - 50% success rate

The difference was like 6-7 TDs percentage wise.

This team scores just 5 more TDs in the red zone last year, they're division champs.

Makes no sense considering the talent that this team has.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Run. Block. Throw. Catch. 

Yeah, with all the talk of Sark's failings, if Levitre is healthy, Falcons win in Philly.

I'm all for spending a high draft pick and a big chunk of FA $ on interior Oline. I'm more hopeful than many that Scwheitzer can develop, but, even if he does, want starter quality depth for the Oline and the eventual replacements for LeVitre and Mack to have a couple of years on the team before they have to start.

With all the thing wrong last year- Sark's learning curve, Ryan missing a ton of throws he normally makes, a bunch of drops, Scwheitzer's inconsistency, they were less than 2 points a game from being a top 10 scoring offense.  1 more TD every 4 games would have put them top ten.

Pretty easy for me to see another 8 TDs next year just on the current players/coaches getting better. Sark calling better plays, Ryan making better throws, fewer drops, the youngsters like Wes and Hoop having another year under their belt. If somebody like Davis or Harlow steps up, even better.

Add in FA signings on the OLine and draft picks, lots of reason to hopeful that the offense can get back to a high level next year.

Another 8 TDs puts the Falcons at 25 points a game. Top 5 offense. 

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Yeah, with all the talk of Sark's failings, if Levitre is healthy, Falcons win in Philly.

I'm all for spending a high draft pick and a big chunk of FA $ on interior Oline. I'm more hopeful than many that Scwheitzer can develop, but, even if he does, want starter quality depth for the Oline and the eventual replacements for LeVitre and Mack to have a couple of years on the team before they have to start.

With all the thing wrong last year- Sark's learning curve, Ryan missing a ton of throws he normally makes, a bunch of drops, Scwheitzer's inconsistency, they were less than 2 points a game from being a top 10 scoring offense.  1 more TD every 4 games would have put them top ten.

Pretty easy for me to see another 8 TDs next year just on the current players/coaches getting better. Sark calling better plays, Ryan making better throws, fewer drops, the youngsters like Wes and Hoop having another year under their belt. If somebody like Davis or Harlow steps up, even better.

Add in FA signings on the OLine and draft picks, lots of reason to hopeful that the offense can get back to a high level next year.

Another 8 TDs puts the Falcons at 25 points a game. Top 5 offense. 

Absolutely. And our D is going to get better and better. 

I personally want a 2nd TE to pair with Hooper more than an OG. And prefer a C/G to ultimately slide over to replace mack when we do go there. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Absolutely. And our D is going to get better and better. 

I personally want a 2nd TE to pair with Hooper more than an OG. And prefer a C/G to ultimately slide over to replace mack when we do go there. 

Falcons could have a top 5 scoring offense and a top 5 scoring defense next year. Pretty sure they actually had a top 5 scoring defense this year if you take away the points scored when the defense wasn't on the field.

Be really interesting to see how they spend their money/picks this year. 

I'm thinking Efiert on a 1 year prove it deal like Poe last year may be a good thing. If he could stay healthy, that's an incredible weapon.

22 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'm all for further additions. Totally cool. 

In terms of obvious steps moving forward:

1) Focus on getting TeCo/Freeman more involved in the passing game
2) Focus on awareness of developing game conditions and reacting appropriately (ie lean on TeCo when he was gashing the Eagles for 7 yards a touch)
3) More pre-snap motion. 
4) More work over the middle of the field. 

That stuff good coordinators do, Sark isn't a good coordinator so he probably won't do that.