Aaron Donald

Quick question for the forum. Rumor is that Donald will require around $18 to $20 million annually. If the Rams were to pass, would you be ok if TD & Co brought him in and paid that much  for a non-quarterback?  Seems like a kings ransom. While AD is a terror, it seems like too much.  Wouldn’t a team be better using that 20 million to acquire 4-5 above average starters on D rather than having one all world talent?

Anyways, this isn’t a bring him home TD thread.  Just curious what you guys think about roster building.  Is there any position outside of QB that justifies 20 million?  Would you bring in AD for 18 million per year?  

Edited by Falconsin2012

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be the best defensive player in the game, and will be paid as such, but man that is a tooooooooooooooon of money wrapped up in a non qb.  Would love to have him, but at that cost both financially and the talent we would have to let walk to facilitate would be too much for me.

Imagine Donald and Grady next to eachother though...my word.

I know its the season to be jolly fAlala la la la.

But NOI love the player but forget about him just forget about him.

We just wiped the floor with the Rams at there house we don't need him we just gotta keep building on what we have in a manner that suits our needs.

Let the door hit fantasies butt on the way out.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

What?  It was a question about roster building, not a bring him home TD thread

Wrong forum - this is TATF - so if it is not about Falcons, doesn’t belong here - and if it is - then OMFG.

so either way...

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Falcons don’t have to bother with roster building?  Good to know.  Guess we shouldnt waste time with mock drafts anymore

You have to understand. G-dawg only believes in paying UGA players that type of cash. He's not a homer, just likes and favors UGA players like that.

Just playing with you, G-dawg. Or am I? :ninja:

It's easy to get sticker shock with how much the cap has risen the last 5 years.

Ask this question, would he be worth $12-14 million if this was 5 years ago?  If yes, then the answer should be the same now, because it's the same percentage of cap space as $18-20 million is now.

Same thing with a QB for $21 million vs $30 million now.  Same percentage.

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

You have to understand. G-dawg only believes in paying UGA players that type of cash. He's not a homer, just likes and favors UGA players like that.

I’m a Dawg diehard & like G-Dawg.  Very bright poster.  His posts have a hint of “I’m right”....and often he is.

But sometimes, well, you know...

Just now, falcons007 said:

The question is would you take him over Jarret? 

That's my thing...cuz you probably can't have both since Grady is going to demand some nice money.  Unless some other areas and positions are going to seriously fall off.

9 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

<Trigger engaged>

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’m a Dawg diehard & like G-Dawg.  Very bright poster.  His posts have a hint of “I’m right”....and often he is.

But sometimes, well, you know...

Not always right, but I am here.

No offense, but just a silly topic. We don’t have a $20mm player and Aaron Donald is not walking thru the door so doesn’t belong here.

37 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I know its the season to be jolly fAlala la la la.

But NOI love the player but forget about him just forget about him.

We just wiped the floor with the Rams at there house we don't need him we just gotta keep building on what we have in a manner that suits our needs.

Let the door hit fantasies butt on the way out.

To be fair, Donald almost beat the Falcons singehandedly....

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Not always right, but I am here.

No offense, but just a silly topic. We don’t have a $20mm player and Aaron Donald is not walking thru the door so doesn’t belong here.

As I said in the original post, the question was whether any non qb merits 20 million.  If the answer is yes and Donald is the exception, we could find the money