Here’s to hoping we DO NOT resign Andre Roberts!

ryantlanta

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

With the exception of the off the field troubles, he tested good at the Combine. Looking at the gauntlet, he had some of the best hands there. 

He may have looked good on that machine but that doesn't translate into the games. My mom is a Florida fan so I follow them closely and Calloway reminds me a lot of Roddy White but with off-field troubles to go with it. Oh, and I don't me all-pro Roddy White. I'm talking about Roddy White we saw in years 1 and 2 of his career when you just held your breath praying that he would make the catch.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's worth noting that a number of those returns wouldnt have happened had the penalty not happened. 

I dont know that I've been less impressed by a Falcons roster player since like Jason Webster. 

Jason Webster!!! Oh my!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

tenor.gif

Just now, HMFIC said:

There are PLENTY of returners that will be available in the draft, we don't need thugs on this team.

He smoked weed and was involved in credit card fraud with 7 other players. Hes not a "thug" imo. 

Like I said he isnt just a beast of a returner but also a sick receiver. I think hes the best in the draft. 

And Im not saying take him high but a 3rd or 4th round pick is well worth the risk. 

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He may have looked good on that machine but that doesn't translate into the games. My mom is a Florida fan so I follow them closely and Calloway reminds me a lot of Roddy White but with off-field troubles to go with it. Oh, and I don't me all-pro Roddy White. I'm talking about Roddy White we saw in years 1 and 2 of his career when you just held your breath praying that he would make the catch.

If he can turn into the other Roddy, then he will be a steal for anyone. 

I was at season opener against bears.  He had two awesome returns that game which was his first with us.  One for like 60 yds and another for about 40 or so,  Both called back by phantom holding calls.  At least appeared to be phantom calls.  One was for sure bs, the other one did occur but was on the other side of field that had no impact on okay.  After that game I don’t know if he lost confidence or what, but he looked great in that game.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:46 AM, ryantlanta said:

This probably takes him out of the running for this team though you know “Falcons Filter” and all. 

Weaknesses

Has run into troubles off the field time and again. Scouts say he is liked by Florida staff but not trusted. Loves to compete on the grass but not as enthusiastic in weight room or film room. Lacks strength and can improve toughness when challenged. Hands are a little inconsistent. Routes can become frenzied and hurried. Needs to harness explosiveness. Slow getting into his breaks due to lack of hip sink. Same issue stalls his change of direction as route-runner. Gives away his out-breaking routes. Despite talent, just seven touchdowns over his final two seasons.

Would you compare him to Tyreke Evans? Raw but fast and explosive? 

13 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I’d rather have Dominique Franks returning kicks than Andre Roberts....

Roberts finished the year in the top 10 in the NFL in both KR avg. & yards. He did that last year in Detroit also.

He's actually been solid returning kicks... it's returning punts where he's pretty lackluster.

1 minute ago, k-train said:

Roberts finished the year in the top 10 in the NFL in both KR avg. & yards. He did that last year in Detroit also.

He's actually been solid returning kicks... it's returning punts where he's pretty lackluster.

Averaging alot amounts to nothing when the majority of them start 5 yards deep in the end zone and end up between the 15-20 yard line. He did make quite a few questionable decisions returning punts. he did have a few nice returns called back due to penalties, don't know how many of those nice returns were aided by those penalties though. 

7 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

Averaging alot amounts to nothing when the majority of them start 5 yards deep in the end zone and end up between the 15-20 yard line. He did make quite a few questionable decisions returning punts. he did have a few nice returns called back due to penalties, don't know how many of those nice returns were aided by those penalties though. 

Oh, no doubt about it... pretty sure we finished with the 2nd worst average starting field position in the league last year. I think a big part of the sketchy decision making has to fall of Armstrong, because I recall that stuff happening a good bit with Weems as well in 2016. He'd call for a fair catch when there was nobody remotely close & then try to return stuff from the 5 yard line with defenders right on top of him before the ball got there. Common denominator would be coaching, no?

4 minutes ago, k-train said:

Oh, no doubt about it... pretty sure we finished with the 2nd worst average starting field position in the league last year. I think a big part of the sketchy decision making has to fall of Armstrong, because I recall that stuff happening a good bit with Weems as well in 2016. He'd call for a fair catch when there was nobody remotely close & then try to return stuff from the 5 yard line with defenders right on top of him before the ball got there. Common denominator would be coaching, no?

Exactly. It's why I was so disappointed that he didn't get the Cardinals job. Want him gone.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Adam Jennings was so bad that even when he didn't touch the ball he still got credit for touching it and it being called a fumble!!!

Game still pisses me off. (2008 Eagles).

I gave him the nickname of "Puberty" because every time he was back there, it was only a matter of time until we witnessed some ball dropping.

15 minutes ago, k-train said:

Wasn't there a story that said Armstrong said any time a punt is between the 5-10 yard line to fair catch it or let it goor something along those lines? But, yeah coaching does seem to be the common denominator.

10 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

He smoked weed and was involved in credit card fraud with 7 other players. Hes not a "thug" imo. 

Like I said he isnt just a beast of a returner but also a sick receiver. I think hes the best in the draft. 

And Im not saying take him high but a 3rd or 4th round pick is well worth the risk. 

Yeah you right felonies are all good. Sexual assault, weed, and credit card fraud. He is an angel :lol:

7 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

Wasn't there a story that said Armstrong said any time a punt is between the 5-10 yard line to fair catch it or let it goor something along those lines? But, yeah coaching does seem to be the common denominator.

Yeah, I really don't get the calling a fair catch inside the 10 thing.

I've always understood the general rule of returning punts deep in your own end to be that you put your heels on the 10 and if the ball's coming in high, you let it go & get the heII outta the way so it doesn't hit you off a funny bounce. If it's coming in front of you, you return it. That's it... a fair catch really shouldn't even be an option in that situation should it?

10 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

How much Florida games have you watched? I mean yes he's got talent but off-field issues isn't his only problems.

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yeah you right felonies are all good. Sexual assault, weed, and credit card fraud. He is an angel :lol:

You have the worst reading comprehension on the board. 

Somehow saying hes not a "thug" means hes an angel....wtf? 

You realise he was found not guilty on the sexual assult accusation, right? The girl was caught lying about some of her statments. But I guess you're one of these new age feminist where accusation = guilty.