Hooper & Ryan already at work

k-train

This is good to hear

Austin Hooper began his offseason workouts early after a somewhat disappointing sophomore year.

"I came back to Atlanta this early in the offseason from California to put in the work instead of just being on vacations," Hooper said. "It was just me and Matt (Ryan). He's starting to throw again, so I want to make sure I'm there as much as possible. Every time he wants to throw, I'm trying to make sure that I'm there." Hooper, 23, has been criticized by Falcons fans after a trying second year. He will be a buy-low, late-round fantasy pick in 2018.

Source: ESPN.com 
Mar 7 - 8:47 PM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Statick said:

Hooper is a **** good player, man.

His route running is definitely going to get better. And with a killer stiff arm.

The funny thing is...his route running is one of the things that he needs to work on.......more specifically his body control running routes.

If he does a better job of using his body of boxing defenders out and catching with his hands and not his body....he will have  a good year

I really would like to see him take his game to another level. He not only needs to work on catching and route running but he has to work on blocking as well with the departure of toilolo. His opportunity is here. Sky is the limit for the kid.

5 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Hooper has 200~ (rounded) less yards and 2 more TDs than TG did in his first 2 years.

Some people are way too quick to write someone off.

Different league back then. I think the guy has the potential to become a decent TE but he is still green. 

I will never draft him in fantasy football again.

42 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Way too early in his career to make this statement.  Remember this post about midway through next season.  Hooper has flashed and is one of my top 5 Falcons to make the jump next season.

We said that last year. Gotta see it to believe it.

10 hours ago, k-train said:

This is good to hear

Austin Hooper began his offseason workouts early after a somewhat disappointing sophomore year.

"I came back to Atlanta this early in the offseason from California to put in the work instead of just being on vacations," Hooper said. "It was just me and Matt (Ryan). He's starting to throw again, so I want to make sure I'm there as much as possible. Every time he wants to throw, I'm trying to make sure that I'm there." Hooper, 23, has been criticized by Falcons fans after a trying second year. He will be a buy-low, late-round fantasy pick in 2018.

Source: ESPN.com 
Mar 7 - 8:47 PM

Thats what happened last year offseason in California and we all witnessed what happened...  he had some of the ugliest drops by key value position by far in NFL.

Worst ever outing by such a promising talent.

Personally,  have ZERO expectations.....will wait and see his production on game day.