athell

Free Agency/Trades Thread

868 posts in this topic

I can remember a number of years without a single trade.  I always wondered why that was so.  Suddenly, the NFL is trading like an open market.  I like it.   

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, etherdome said:

I can remember a number of years without a single trade.  I always wondered why that was so.  Suddenly, the NFL is trading like an open market.  I like it.   

It makes it fun!

People need to remember though that often times the teams that make the biggest splashes in FA and trades in the offseason don't end up amounting to anything.

Gibson's Finest likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Deion Branch is a 38 year year old retired WR. Why do you keep suggesting him?

Yes, meant Alan Branch....lol

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I thought the Rams had a really good defense?

 

They have traded away 2 key players on that side of the ball so far this offseason.

Ogletree is kinda overrated and not worth that contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I can remember a number of years without a single trade.  I always wondered why that was so.  Suddenly, the NFL is trading like an open market.  I like it.   

Teams caught on to the idea of making trades for salary cap purposes.

Last year the Browns of all teams had a brilliant move TAKING a contract because they had the cap space to do so.

I think teams just got more creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I thought the Rams had a really good defense?

 

They have traded away 2 key players on that side of the ball so far this offseason.

I guess they need to free up money for Aaron Donalds's mega deal. They the have Gurley and Peters coming up soon also.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I thought the Rams had a really good defense?

 

They have traded away 2 key players on that side of the ball so far this offseason.

I read that there is speculation Ogletree was not happy at all about how he was being used in Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme. He had just signed a 4-year, $42M extension in October, so it must've been pretty bad.

Yo_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I guess they need to free up money for Aaron Donalds's mega deal. They the have Gurley and Peters coming up soon also.

Maybe we end up with Aaron Donalds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Trading season is going to be heavy this go around

 

 

I wonder of this is what all the Richard Sherman talk is about.

He's still recovering from an achilles injury & will be for a while longer still, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays into everything. They can't cut an injured player & I'd imagine he's almost certainly fail a physical if they tried to trade him at this point.

If he really is going to be playing elsewhere in 2018, it might not happen until summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, k-train said:

I wonder of this is what all the Richard Sherman talk is about.

He's still recovering from an achilles injury & will be for a while longer still, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays into everything. They can't cut an injured player & I'd imagine he's almost certainly fail a physical if they tried to trade him at this point.

If he really is going to be playing elsewhere in 2018, it might not happen until summer.

 

 

Seattle is a mess right now.

 

Unhappy stars in Bennett(who just got traded), Thomas, and possibly Sherman. The uncertainty of the health and career of Chancellor. Wilson has no weapons now outside of Doug Baldwin and still has no o-line or run game. Wilson will not survive if he continues to have to play magician like he did last season.

 

There has also been rumors that Carrol could retire in the very near future.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Played one year for DQ in Seattle

Led the Cowboys in sacks in 2016.

He's also just 26 & likely could be had for a very reasonable contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.