Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arkridge

Michael Bennett Was Just Traded To The Eagles

527 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

People are acting like hes in a big decline. He put up 8.5 sacks last season which would be tied for the second high sack total of his career. Philly Dline is just nasty. 

I think people just look at his age and make assumptions without having any idea what kind of season he put up. It was arguably his 2nd best season he's had in Seattle. He showed no signs of slowing down, so yeah I would have easily offered up a 4th rounder.

Bobby.Digital likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I wouldn't with him being 33 but that's just me.

The age is there but he showed no signs of slowing down last season. He was great. And with Quinn's rotation it isn't like it would be taxing on him. It would be beneficial to him just as it was Poe.

1 minute ago, Arkridge said:

I think people just look at his age and make assumptions without having any idea what kind of season he put up. It was arguably his 2nd best season he's had in Seattle. He showed no signs of slowing down, so yeah I would have easily offered up a 4th rounder.

Idk about that, sacks don’t tell the whole story. In 2013-14 he was straight up dominant.

FalconBlood and Slappywhite like this

Well, now the ones that didn’t want him here will be pissed if we have to play the eagles again. This is why you have to get over hatred of a player that played for another team that’s still good. You want those type of players on YOUR team if they’re still performing at a high level. 

Ryan Schraeder's eyeballs will be happy to hear they get to make it through training camp.  We have a great locker room chemistry and I have no desire to be anything like Seattle although I do think Russel Wilson is one of the highest character players in the league.  They can keep Sherman too.

3 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Eagles are 10+ million over the cap.       They are gonna unload a ton of players. 

Thats what I was going to say. 

They're going to have to do some gymnastics to make all this work. 

Guess Philly is still loading up while their windows is open before they have to pay Carson Wentz 35+ mil a year down the road. Interested to see who they are shedding to make this move happen.

Slappywhite likes this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Well, now the ones that didn’t want him here will be pissed if we have to play the eagles again. This is why you have to get over hatred of a player that played for another team that’s still good. You want those type of players on YOUR team if they’re still performing at a high level. 

We play Philly in Philly next year. These same cats are gonna cry their eyes out if their Dline wreck us next season.

I’m glad we didn’t sign him. We can find other difference makers, that may be able to contribute in their primes. I like DaQuan Jones of TEN. Our defense is going to go as far as OUR GUYS take us: Takk, Vic, Jarrett, Jones, Campbell, Trufant, Neal, and company. I am confident the defense will take a step forward.

quickzero likes this

A lot of people are saying, "It would just be for a 4th round pick!", but consider this. The last three times Thomas Dimitroff has had a pick at the end of the 1st round, he has traded up three times. You need capital to trade up. A 4th round pick is draft capital. So while the Falcons could have gotten 2-3 years out of Bennett for a 4th round pick, that 4th round pick could also be used to trade up and secure a potential 10-year player like Desmond Truffant or Takk McKinley and avoid a bust like Sam Baker or Peria Jerry.