• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Fully guaranteed WOW.

Free agency is about to get CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY

Fully guaranteed contracts are going to be a thing now.  Which...they should be imo, but that is a debate for another day.  Either way, large sums of money are about to be flying around.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Arthur Blank and TD did say other deals won’t effect Matt Ryan’s contract. Looks like they have good idea what Matt wants irrespective of these deals. I can see a huge 100 M guaranteed contract though.

They say that.  Matt and his agent may feel different, especially after this...

Wish we would have started negotiations sooner.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Free agency is about to get CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY

Fully guaranteed contracts are going to be a thing now.  Which...they should be imo, but that is a debate for another day.  Either way, large sums of money are about to be flying around.

It's the number that's shocking too me I guess the market is talking here.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I do think Matt Ryan will take a home town discount and agree to 30-31M. I doubt if his agent is gonna go for 34-35M.

1 minute ago, Drew4719 said:

I just realized how much I hope Kirk doesn’t go the Vikings, that would make them a legit super bowl team. Hope he goes to the afc 

Sounds like they are the frontrunners my friend, get used to it :(

Gotta take out the best to be the best though!

17 minutes ago, athell said:

This **** is about to get awful..I just hope we aren' taken to the house with these insane contracts that are about to be dealt I read what cousins is getting and my heart hurt.

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Well there were 4 teams outbidding each other. If finding QB was easy, they wouldn’t be teams getting in to bidding wars.

Yep well and with the table setter being 27.5 with the Garrapolo deal I think Cousins did really well here and taking your point of teams bidding yikes.

You imagine what Matt Ryan would fetch on that open market if he was there I'd start the bidding at 34 and probably watch it go north of that.

I think if we can get away with 31-32 with something like 105 guaranteed over a 6 year contract I think that's what he'll end up with.

57 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I do think Matt Ryan will take a home town discount and agree to 30-31M. I doubt if his agent is gonna go for 34-35M.

We might get a clue with what Condon does with Brees. And also a clue to what to expect or avoid when Ryan enters the last phase of his career in a few years.

Edited by Doctor Kildare

45 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I just realized how much I hope Kirk doesn’t go the Vikings, that would make them a legit super bowl team. Hope he goes to the afc 

Cousins is going to Vikings - He is from that area of the country (played college ball one state over at Michigan State - was born in Illinois) - Vikings are best team in the market and they can win now. - if he was a California Boy or something I could see him opting for maybe the Broncos or something.

Cousins will likely go to Minny - also the 3 year deal is nice because he will only be 33yrs old at the end of it and still in the prime of his football career.   For a guy that entered the NFL as a 3rd round back up to RGIII - this dude has banked some money.

Trivia fact:  Cousins wife - Julie Hampton - is from Atlanta, GA

Image result for julie hampton kirk cousins

56 minutes ago, athell said:

This is going to give us an idea of where Matt will be...ie north of $30m per year...Aaron and Matt are licking their lips right now.

I thought legal tampering did not start until March 12th?  this story seems a week early.