Troy Apke = Scott Case

This guy is extremely impressive for a DB (Safety) slated to go in later rounds (7th round by most boards)

I cannot help but reminiscing of the original John Lynch...SCOTT CASE #25

and a 4.34 40yd dash; wow!! I could see us getting this guy in the 5th round and grooming him for the FS spot next to Neal

13 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

This guy is extremely impressive for a DB (Safety) slated to go in later rounds (7th round by most boards)

I cannot help but reminiscing of the original John Lynch...SCOTT CASE #25

and a 4.34 40yd dash; wow!! I could see us getting this guy in the 5th round and grooming him for the FS spot next to Neal

It's hard not to like 6'2 200ish lbs with a 41 in vert and a sub 4.4

He has very smooth hips too...He seems to transition well.

After his combine I think his stock is going to rise

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Absolutely. No way this guy goes in the seventh. His bubble screen reads in that highlight video were on point. Love the way he comes up and hits/secures the tackle!

1 hour ago, JKH5785 said:

Absolutely. No way this guy goes in the seventh. His bubble screen reads in that highlight video were on point. Love the way he comes up and hits/secures the tackle!

He will be in the 6th or 7th. A lot of other players in this draft going higher at the same position. I like him though. He doesn't remind me of Case though...lol

Apke seems very instinctual! A lot of our younger members don't realize that Scott Case was a corner early in his professional career. If memory serves me, Case was selected to the Pro Bowl as an alternate as a corner!

GO FALCONS!!!

Edited by MarkMc44
Information added.

42 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

Apke seems very instinctual! A lot of our younger members don't realize that Scott Case was a corner early in his professional career. If memory serves me, Case was selected to the Pro Bowl as an alternate as a corner!

GO FALCONS!!!

He was in the pro bowl in 88 with 10 picks. Still a franchise record.

19 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Im not sure how old you are but im finding a lot of younger mellinnials need a firm boot up their behind.  Lol. Im an older mellinnials.

worked for him in the early 90s,  not a millenial , and I have a reputation as a great worker , just found him to have an abrasive personality.  He wanted things done cheaply and not correctly , so we didnt get along , I eventually left his investment. 

Edited by Slappywhite

I think he is getting alot of talk because of his color more then his game.. I had 92.9 the game on and all they could say was "he is fast for being his color" or "that is a fast white guy" nothing bad but I think it's lazy reporting(deion sanders) said it to... Talk about his game and what he can bring to our team.

from the little film I seen. I think he can be a bet better then allen at free safety. 

He is faster then Allen. Then he has a better covering advantage with his height and speed. Then the other thing is he Flys to the runner. I hate seeing Allen stand there before it's to late for him to make the tackle. (Allen has got a little better on that) 

Would I draft him yes! Is he better then Allen??? I say yes... just a little better.

20 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Anytime I see a hard hitting white safety and envision them in a Falcons uniform I automatically equate them to Scott Case who was one of my favorite players growing up. 

Not alluding to that analogy due to physical/athletic prowess being similar to Case just f.y.i.; sorry for leaving that out of context.

I do say that compared to Allen, if Apke is even a little bit faster, can jump higher, and has a better intellectual dissection of plays; why not if he’s available in the later rounds take a swing at him. Soon it will come down to having to pay Allen more than what he is truly worth to keep him and i’d honestly rather have a younger, cheaper option with the possibility of a higher upside. Especially considering the amount of other players that we will definitely be needing to resign like Jarrett, D. jones, Beasley, etc.

Allen is a serviceable FS, not a great playmaking FS like Quinn had in Seattle, and I think we could all agree we lack that playmaking consistency with Allen. 

On a a side note....I’m really dissapointed to hear Scott Case sounds like such a jerk. I guess it could be the reason that although still an older fan favorite the franchise doesn’t include in much or rather you don’t hear much from him; but yeh dissapointed for sure. 

Maybe I will sell my Scott Case game issue jersey now :(

Edited by JKH5785