Report: Dontari Poe to have huge market

hjerry

I'm not sure how many of you know who Tony Pauline is. For those who don't, he's a draft analyst and insider, and every year he conveys his own analysis of the prospects as well as any "inside" info he comes across, which often includes Free Agents, especially at the combine. If you like to follow the draft, certainly give his site. http://draftanalyst.com/ a look.

Now, with that out of the way, he's been posting his combine coverages for each day, and this was in his most recent:

"There is going to be a huge market for Dontari Poe, and there are a number of teams he could end up with."

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-7

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

I just don't see it with so much DT talent in this draft.

I do.

There are always teams who pay big on players that have good contract years. Not every team who needs a DT will want to wait and see how a rookie can produce. Someone with decent cap room will pay for him off a good season.

Poe appears to be the type of player who really needs a strong coach and possibly incentives to perform well.  He was somewhat undisciplined at KC and really was a big disappointment to them, so they dumped him on Atlanta.  Quinn kept him in line plus the Falcons gave Poe incentive pay that he did earn.  However, I suspect any team that gives him a lot of guaranteed money might regret it a year or so from now.

5 hours ago, hjerry said:

I'm not sure how many of you know who Tony Pauline is. For those who don't, he's a draft analyst and insider, and every year he conveys his own analysis of the prospects as well as any "inside" info he comes across, which often includes Free Agents, especially at the combine. If you like to follow the draft, certainly give his site. http://draftanalyst.com/ a look.

Now, with that out of the way, he's been posting his combine coverages for each day, and this was in his most recent:

"There is going to be a huge market for Dontari Poe, and there are a number of teams he could end up with."

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-7

Thanks you. 

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Poe appears to be the type of player who really needs a strong coach and possibly incentives to perform well.  He was somewhat undisciplined at KC and really was a big disappointment to them, so they dumped him on Atlanta.  Quinn kept him in line plus the Falcons gave Poe incentive pay that he did earn.  However, I suspect any team that gives him a lot of guaranteed money might regret it a year or so from now.

Disagree. He was great at KC until he had a few injured years. KC ran him into the ground w high snap counts.

32 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Disagree. He was great at KC until he had a few injured years. KC ran him into the ground w high snap counts.

His snap count was high here as well...

poe is a stud who was a huge part of our improved D. 

I thought he did well, but obviously the Falcons thought they could do better. Some desperate team will offer him a huge contract and he's deserving of it. I certainly can't wait to see what the Falcons do to replace him. 

5 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

What?????? You really never have any idea what you're talking about ever do you???

34 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

I disagree too , and think he comes back here at a discount ,  nobody was knocking his door down last year at this time ,  and he's a year older , I expect a cold market for him. 

He actually had a 50+ or 60+ mil offer last year.