Slappywhite

Post combine mock draft

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Rd 1   Taven Bryan DT  Florida  -  fills a position of need while getting a guy with a strong motor , relentless and talented 

Rd 2  Mike Gesicki   TE   Penn , St -   killed at the combine , I mocked him in the 3rd  , 1st go round , after his combine , hope he's still on the board in 2nd

Rd 3  Frank Ragnow C/G  Ark  - fills another need and hasn't allowed a sack in 2 years , big and tough , can replace Mack when he retires 

Rd 4  Kalen Ballage  RB Az St-  Tough and fast runner , can play FB , that guy who can get that yard when we need it .  

Rd 5- traded for a Sombrero 

Rd 6- trade to Seattle along with next years 6th  for Bennett

Rd 7a Desmond Harrison W Ga  ,  OT  Huge guy with speed ,  not sure he;ll still be around but be a steal here 

Rd 7b  The Mr Irrelevent pick , means 1st choice of all the UFA's , you pick the best guy here who has no plans   of signing with u 

Edited by Slappywhite

This would be a home run. A++ 

Addresses our needs well. Bryan would fit in nicely on our DL, Giseicki is a huge threat in passing game / RZ, ragnow is a good fit at G, and ballage gives us that big power back we need on third down. 

IWynn. 2nd  TE Geliski 3rd DT Trenton Thompson 4th RB Bo Scarbough, 6TH QB J T Bennett, 7TH WR Travon Mims 7th  Deshon Freeman DR GT

I like this, but we'd still need a run stuffer. Bryan is good, but that's not his role. At 290, he just isn't heavy enough. He and Bennett would be competing for the same position on passing downs.

Change your 4th to BJ Hill, and I'm good with it. Sign a free agent fullback or use one of your 7ths for one. Go after a RB next year. There will be plenty.

Slappywhite likes this

doubt Gesicki makes it to the end of 2nd round although I think that is where his value should be.

Taven Bryan and Michael Bennett don't go together because they are the same type of player - run stopper/edge setter on 1st down as DE and interior passrusher in the nickel defense.

If we trade for Michael Bennett, I think we take Taven Bryan off our draft board and draft a pure nose tackle later in the draft like Tim Settle in 2nd round or BJ Hill in the 3rd round.

3 hours ago, djbrough said:

I like this, but we'd still need a run stuffer. Bryan is good, but that's not his role. At 290, he just isn't heavy enough. He and Bennett would be competing for the same position on passing downs.

Change your 4th to BJ Hill, and I'm good with it. Sign a free agent fullback or use one of your 7ths for one. Go after a RB next year. There will be plenty.

I wouldnt be mad with that love BJ's . 

3 hours ago, djbrough said:

I like Slappy's but BJ will not fall to 4 and Ballage in the 4th would be pretty good value for a Swiss Army knife athlete.

Slappywhite likes this

3 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I like Slappy's but BJ will not fall to 4 and Ballage in the 4th would be pretty good value for a Swiss Army knife athlete.

love the Ballege kid 

12 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Taven Bryan and Michael Bennett don't go together because they are the same type of player - run stopper/edge setter on 1st down as DE and interior passrusher in the nickel defense.

If we trade for Michael Bennett, I think we take Taven Bryan off our draft board and draft a pure nose tackle later in the draft like Tim Settle in 2nd round or BJ Hill in the 3rd round.

Not really. There’s Nothing wrong with having both, as well as drafting a Settle or Hill.

Bennett replaces Clay, Bryan replaces Shelby, Settle/Hill replaces Poe. 

Slappywhite likes this

13 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

Like the picks.  Looks like we'll have to get a FA WR (Moncrief?). 

Yes , I expect a WR in free agency and Moncreif is a nice choice , not sure we can afford the bigger names. 

falconfansince66 likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not really. There’s Nothing wrong with having both, as well as drafting a Settle or Hill.

Bennett replaces Clay, Bryan replaces Shelby, Settle/Hill replaces Poe. 

Trading fo  Bennett and drafting two DTs is a lot of assets for one position with so many other needs.

Not realistic, Vandy.

10 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Yeah , both Ballege and BJ did well    at the combine and both improved their draft status.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Trading fo  Bennett and drafting two DTs is a lot of assets for one position with so many other needs.

Not realistic, Vandy.

I expect , we resign Rubin ,   but a space eater is a huge need , 

22 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

I expect , we resign Rubin ,   but a space eater is a huge need , 

Yes it is.   I will go on record now that - IF - we trade for Bennett we won’t draft TWO defensive tackles.  #wonthappen

Slappywhite and Monolith2001 like this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes it is.   I will go on record now that - IF - we trade for Bennett we won’t draft TWO defensive tackles.  #wonthappen

You think maybe BJ Hill in the 3rd , I love my 1st 2 picks ,  and I really like BJ Hill , just not sure how high he rose during the combine ,  

22 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

You think maybe BJ Hill in the 3rd , I love my 1st 2 picks ,  and I really like BJ Hill , just not sure how high he rose during the combine ,  

I know you asked g-dawg but I think BJ goes in 2nd.  He had a good combine for his size, nice film and looked really good in one on one Senior Bowl drills.  Probably get his teammate Justin Jones in the 3rd/4th.

Slappywhite and vitaman like this

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Not realistic, Vandy.

Realistic indeed. Replacing 3 DL with 3 DL. 

Drew4719 likes this

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Realistic indeed. Replacing 3 DL with 3 DL. 

Won’t happen my friend.  I am sure we will fill three spots - and maybe two in draft or maybe Bennett(trade pick) and draft a player - but to draft two and trade a pick for Bennett?  That would be using 3 picks for 7 picks total - and the players you would want - you would be - at minimum using 1st, 3rd and 6th rounders - and possibly more draft capital than that.  Say you have to give a 4th for Bennett.  You would end up with something like this:

Taven Bryan(1st)-DT/DE

Offensive Line(2nd)-OG/C

BJ Hill(3rd)-NT

No 4th Trade for Bennett(DT/DE)

No 5th

6th

7th

7th-comp

So all you have left is basically Priority Free Agents(late picks).

Nah bruh.  Ain’t going down like that.

We would likely sign a cheap NT(re-sign Rubin?) in free agency if we trade for Bennett and draft Bryan in 1st rd.

Vandy likes this

20 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Rd 1   Taven Bryan DT  Florida  -  fills a position of need while getting a guy with a strong motor , relentless and talented 

Rd 2  Mike Gesicki   TE   Penn , St -   killed at the combine , I mocked him in the 3rd  , 1st go round , after his combine , hope he's still on the board in 2nd

Rd 3  Frank Ragnow C/G  Ark  - fills another need and hasn't allowed a sack in 2 years , big and tough , can replace Mack when he retires 

Rd 4  Kalen Ballage  RB Az St-  Tough and fast runner , can play FB , that guy who can get that yard when we need it .  

Rd 5- traded for a Sombrero 

Rd 6- trade to Seattle along with next years 6th  for Bennett

Rd 7a Desmond Harrison W Ga  ,  OT  Huge guy with speed ,  not sure he;ll still be around but be a steal here 

Rd 7b  The Mr Irrelevent pick , means 1st choice of all the UFA's , you pick the best guy here who has no plans   of signing with u 

This is a dream draft but realistic? Would all those guys actually be there? 

35 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Won’t happen my friend.  I am sure we will fill three spots - and maybe two in draft or maybe Bennett(trade pick) and draft a player - but to draft two and trade a pick for Bennett?  That would be using 3 picks for 7 picks total - and the players you would want - you would be - at minimum using 1st, 3rd and 6th rounders - and possibly more draft capital than that.  Say you have to give a 4th for Bennett.  You would end up with something like this:

Taven Bryan(1st)-DT/DE

Offensive Line(2nd)-OG/C

BJ Hill(3rd)-NT

No 4th Trade for Bennett(DT/DE)

No 5th

6th

7th

7th-comp

So all you have left is basically Priority Free Agents(late picks).

Nah bruh.  Ain’t going down like that.

We would likely sign a cheap NT(re-sign Rubin?) in free agency if we trade for Bennett and draft Bryan in 1st rd.

Definetely could happen. You may not like it G, I dunno, but like I said....33 year old Bennett would be replacing clayborn .....we still need to to replace Poe (a bigger loss than Clay) and Shelby. 

Depends on how much falcons like Bryan.

Especially If Wynn and Payne are off the board..,,.maybe in that scenario we trade down into Rd 2 to recoup the picks we gave up for Bennett and the OT last year?

Slappywhite likes this

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Definetely could happen. You may not like it G, I dunno, but like I said....33 year old Bennett would be replacing clayborn .....we still need to to replace Poe (a bigger loss than Clay) and Shelby. 

Depends on how much falcons like Bryan.

Especially If Wynn and Payne are off the board..,,.maybe in that scenario we trade down into Rd 2 to recoup the picks we gave up for Bennett and the OT last year?

I like all the players - I just don't think we can spend 3 of our 4 premium picks for basically 1.5 positions - given all the other needs on the roster.   One of the 3 DT slots we need to replace will be a cheap free agent.   The other two?  probably use a 1st and 4th or a 2nd and 4th for those spots.   Keep in mind, we don't have a true #3 Cornerback on this team, either.   Kazee and Poole are nickel backs but not really true corners - Jalen Collins was let go and never replaced.   We need another TE unless Saubert really steps up - which seems doubtful.  We need another receiver, we need a fullback - either this year or next, we need another running back.   Lots of needs and not many dollars to chase them with in free agency.

Slappywhite likes this