Dontari Poe vs. Michael Bennett - who would be (have been) better?

Poe - younger (5 yrs.), no major injury issues in 2017, great run stuffer, will want a long term contract, good but not great?, teams supposedly want to sign him

Bennett - more pro bowls, great pass rusher, will only cost a low draft pick, how much of his remaining contract will it cost us, politically controversial, former pal of Quinn, Seattle wants to dump him, had some injuries in 2017

Is there really something we are gaining by possibly trading for Bennett as opposed to having resigned Poe to a multi-year deal?

I'm gonna go ahead and say Dontari Poe since I believe he was just getting at his peak before we let him go, while Bennett being an older player gives us an advantage with experience it does mean that it's only a matter of time before he'll be past his prime (if he hasn't already pasted his prime). Every Super Bowl winning defense needs a veteran player or two up front, so I'm all in for getting Bennett, but I wish we'd be able to keep both. 

I would say Bennett in combination with Beasley Jarrett and Takk you have a real NASCAR front who do you block.You got interior quickness explosion on the outside.

Poe was good at what he did but I feel we can replace it with a number of options.

The real question should be who is the best value Poe at between 9-12 mill or Bennett playing off his old deal for 8-9 mill I think that's the real elephant in the room.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I would say Bennett in combination with Beasley Jarrett and Takk you have a real NASCAR front who do you block.You got interior quickness explosion on the outside.

Poe was good at what he did but I feel we can replace it with a number of options.

The real question should be who is the best value Poe at between 9-12 mill or Bennett playing off his old deal for 8-9 mill I think that's the real elephant in the room.

I will take Bennett. 

Bennett has consistently been a significantly better player than Poe. Older but better. 

I'd also push back against the idea that Poe is a great run stuffer. There's nothing to suggest thats the case. When healthy, he's an athletic asset and a quality player with some ability to flash against both the run and the pass. Thats a good thing to have. But its not like he's some run-game crusher.