Jump to content

I want nothing to do with Michael Bennett, convince me I’m wrong


Recommended Posts

-While you can never have enough quality DL, he will be 33 in November and I can’t see him playing at a high level for much longer. 

-He is making too much money, and I don’t see him agreeing to take a pay cut with 3 years left on his deal... 

2018 cap hit: $8,387,500

2019: $8,737,500

2020: $10,237,500

-Lastly, I think his presence would be toxic to the brotherhood that we have established here. While we have talked for years about loosening up the falcon filter, I would be much more willing to take a chance on a rookie with off-field concerns than a 32 year old who has a history of being a distraction, and a label as a dirty player (see Jacksonville game last year)

Don’t get me wrong, I like MB’s game. I just don’t think his talent outweighs the extra baggage that comes with him for our team, and would rather we continue to build the trenches through the draft.

Edited by Upstate NY Falcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Won’t even try, it’s obvious your mind is already made up. 

Okay, let me rephrase. 

I would love to hear from people who want him in the red and black so that we can have meaningful discussion. It’s the off-season and outside of the combine there isn’t much going on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Upstate NY Falcon said:

Okay, let me rephrase. 

I would love to hear from people who want him in the red and black so that we can have meaningful discussion. It’s the off-season and outside of the combine there isn’t much going on

See the other two threads, my friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Upstate NY Falcon said:

Okay, let me rephrase. 

I would love to hear from people who want him in the red and black so that we can have meaningful discussion. It’s the off-season and outside of the combine there isn’t much going on

There's a 12 page Bennett thread on the front page full of different opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Won’t even try, it’s obvious your mind is already made up. 

My man.  This was the first thought that popped into my head when reading the title.  If you have to be convinced to bring on an elite player you are football ********.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have holes all over our DL. We especially need a base DT, sub-package DE guy since we aren't likely to pony up for Adrian Clayborn.

Bennett is going to be at least 25% cheaper than Clayborn and he's almost surely going to be better than Clay even if it is for 1-2 years. Bennett is older than Robert Quinn, so his asking price is going to be way less than what the Dolphins gave the Rams, maybe a 5th round pick, or something like that.

Why wouldn't we upgrade our pass rush and save salary cap space for the cost of a later round draft pick? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Agree. Is 33-35 Bennet minus a draft pick really better than 28-30 Poe? 

For an extra mil or so, I don’t think so 

On obvious passing downs, the third downs where the defense has problems. Imagine a line with Takk, Garret, Bennett and Beasley. I wouldn't wanna face that line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sandy5prings said:

We have holes all over our DL. We especially need a base DT, sub-package DE guy since we aren't likely to pony up for Adrian Clayborn.

Bennett is going to be at least 25% cheaper than Clayborn and he's almost surely going to be better than Clay even if it is for 1-2 years. Bennett is older than Robert Quinn, so his asking price is going to be way less than what the Dolphins gave the Rams, maybe a 5th round pick, or something like that.

Why wouldn't we upgrade our pass rush and save salary cap space for the cost of a later round draft pick? 

Clayborn is gone:

"Also, Adrian Clayborn, who led the Falcons with 9.5 sacks last season, is bound for free agency and expected to sign elsewhere."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Some of it has to be the coaches fault. I don't know what Quinn thinks about antics like this but Carroll didn't seem to mind 

To be fair, the whole team started unraveling after that play at 1 yard from goal line in SB. Beast mode bailed, the defensive guys started going off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Quinn brought Michael Bennett to Seattle why can't he bring him to Atlanta. Ahutya Rubin played for Seattle and came to Atlanta and it worked why not Bennett. You say character issues none of that as to show til Quinn and Manuel left Seattle to come to Atlanta. So bring him home TD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also just want to point out if all it takes is 1 player to break the brotherhood, it probably wasn't much of a brotherhood to begin with.

However, MB is a great teammate and very active in the community.  A Walter Payton MotY nominee.  If you dont like his fire, I get it, but he isnt going to burn down this team from within so that narrative needs to die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

 Quinn brought Michael Bennett to Seattle why can't he bring him to Atlanta. Ahutya Rubin played for Seattle and came to Atlanta and it worked why not Bennett. You say character issues none of that as to show til Quinn and Manuel left Seattle to come to Atlanta. So bring him home TD.

And that seems to be the verdict in Seattle, Pete had lost control and maybe Quinn knows how to manage Bennett. I'd like to see us have a defense teams fear, but don't want us to be dirty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, athell said:

Also just want to point out if all it takes is 1 player to break the brotherhood, it probably wasn't much of a brotherhood to begin with.

However, MB is a great teammate and very active in the community.  A Walter Payton MotY nominee.  If you dont like his fire, I get it, but he isnt going to burn down this team from within so that narrative needs to die.

Bennett's teammates love him. The whole locker room cancer talk is stuff folks are making up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...