Kayoh's Official 2018 Athletic Comps Thread

I have three really good ones already.

Dom% is college dominator rating - this metric is the % of total passing offense this player was responsible for. BOA is the age the player was to start the season they first reached 20% dominator in.

chrome_2018-03-03_16-46-30.png.4e8e3074303e93cfefb19ec6c728fc17.png

chrome_2018-03-03_23-38-33.png.dfb9d6de5f198f61c8727c2372b59e5d.png

chrome_2018-03-04_07-35-26.png.b377b114c31c8a3c9fe97052e173ae22.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

New one for a very overrated prospect.

chrome_2018-03-19_13-22-18.png

Interesting comparison. I remember Martin from a few years ago and thought he was an intriguing mid round pick. I don't know much about Chubb, he may be a mediocre pro, but at a certain point doesn't what happens on the football field take over from athletic potential? Martin was a great athlete but didn't do much on the field until he was a senior. No one ever thought of him as a top 10 pick. I have to assume scouts always thought he was mediocre and never fell for any mirages. Chubb has been big time since he was a junior. I have to assume scouts see that he has much more actual football potential than Martin and that is why he is rated as highly. There's nothing wrong with Martin's athleticism. I don't think you're trying to say stay away from good athletes at DE. 

Just now, Summerhill said:

Interesting comparison. I remember Martin from a few years ago and thought he was an intriguing mid round pick. I don't know much about Chubb, he may be a mediocre pro, but at a certain point doesn't what happens on the football field take over from athletic potential? Martin was a great athlete but didn't do much on the field until he was a senior. No one ever thought of him as a top 10 pick. I have to assume scouts always thought he was mediocre and never fell for any mirages. Chubb has been big time since he was a junior. I have to assume scouts see that he has much more actual football potential than Martin and that is why he is rated as highly. There's nothing wrong with Martin's athleticism. I don't think you're trying to say stay away from good athletes at DE. 

I think Martin would have been much better in a 4-3, but the Cards drafted him to play 3-4 end.

16 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I think Martin would have been much better in a 4-3, but the Cards drafted him to play 3-4 end.

I don't know the in's and out's of his career, but looking at his bio and seeing he was a big time track athlete in high school, I'm guessing he's just a finesse athlete and doesn't have enough dog in him to get after it in the trenches. That's probably why scouts didn't evaluate him very highly. 

3 hours ago, Summerhill said:

I don't know the in's and out's of his career, but looking at his bio and seeing he was a big time track athlete in high school, I'm guessing he's just a finesse athlete and doesn't have enough dog in him to get after it in the trenches. That's probably why scouts didn't evaluate him very highly. 

another less close but still kinda similar comp for Chubb is Emmanuel Ogbah.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:55 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Patriots will hope Kolton can replace Solder if they take him... ....

If Kolton Miller is a legit LT prospect, I would definitely consider taking him.

Of course, that would rock these boards and really change cap management.  On second thought, No.  

On 3/24/2018 at 0:32 PM, etherdome said:

Kayoh, do you have comps at other positions?  CB,TE, LB, Edge

I am pushing for BPA, regardless of position, provided that BPA is an exceptional athlete.  

yes please. to be honest the only dt left by 26 is gonna be phillips. kayoh you mentioned in another post that hes not gonna be as good for us as the other 4. at 26 i think we can choose between phillips dt, wynn og, hurst te, and maybe moore wr. of those 4 who do you have? 

also kayoh can you breakdown og braden smith? i like him for our 2nd pick will he fit in for our zone blocking scheme?

• 2 weeks later...

this isn't even necessarily a comp saying "these players are similar", it's more to illustrate how insanely awesome of a prospect Braden Smith is. He's my LT1 and in my top 10 of my overall big board, I think he's going to be an LT in the NFL and the best one in this class.

chrome_2018-04-04_17-00-56.png.86e56a68ee00148399b9f331c3960110.png