Mike Gesicki

Ok , I went a little nuts yesterday over Ballege ,  so today its  Mike Gesicki .  He physically dominated the TEs today at the combine , in fact in MHO  he may be themost physically gifted athelete at the combine .  So, today he ran a 4.5.  verticalled 41;2 Broad jumped 10.9 leading all TEs in each , finished 3rd in bench presses with 23 and caught everything in sight .  He is gonna be a physical mismatch at 6;5' 250 lbs against whomever tries to cover him.  I know some of you like Hayden Hurst, whos  25 and 4 years older or Andrews of Oklahoma , who dissapeared against the Bulldogs, but I'd take Gesicki over both .  The former Basketball and Volleyball  stars  shined today . Hope he's in the Falcons plans , bring him home  TD.  

Edited by Slappywhite
spelling

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lju713 said:

NE,NO,Philly,Jax all would probably take him with their picks. We have bigger needs at 26....but if we nail FA with a G,DT i wouldn't be mad.

He's not going that early , I hope we take a look at him at our second pick , Im hoping we sign a guard in FA and pick the BPA with our 1st pick . 

Just now, Knight of God said:

It doesn’t bother you with Wynn.

bothers me about Wynn and Price , you know I liked em both especially Price ,  I hope we sign a guard in FA and take BPA with our top pick  .and best UDFA with our "Mr Irrelevent " pick .  

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Doesn’t Giesiki have some concerning injury history?

Nope. You are likely confusing him with Adam Breneman.

Gesicki played at Penn State & so did Adam Breneman... well, for a while anyway. Breneman actually quit football for a few years due to a chronic knee problem, left school, and started on a political campaign. He ended up getting medically cleared to play & finished his collegiate career at UMass. 

Just now, k-train said:

Nope. You are likely confusing him with Adam Breneman.

Gesicki played at Penn State & so did Adam Breneman... well, for a while anyway. Breneman actually quit football for a few years due to a chronic knee problem, left school, and started on a political campaign. He ended up getting medically cleared to play & finished his collegiate career at UMass. 

Thx K ,   if Gesicki  has any injuries , sure didnt show today , his is an athletic freak. 

4 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Thx K ,   if Gesicki  has any injuries , sure didnt show today , his is an athletic freak. 

He's my favorite TE in this class & in several years.

No, he can't block for sh!t, but that's not what he does. for all those wanting a Jimmy Graham type red zone weapon... this is that dude.

He's fast, he can jump, and he has large hands & a massive wingspan, which means a larger target radius than most other TEs.

Just now, k-train said:

He's my favorite TE in this class & in several years.

No, he can't block for sh!t, but that's not what he does. for all those wanting a Jimmy Graham type red zone weapon... this is that dude.

He's fast, he can jump, and he has large hands & a massive wingspan, which means a larger target radius than most other TEs.

His 50/50 balls are 80/20

I hope we can address the OG in FA b/c I would love to have him on the team.  He blew it up at the combine and his stock just rose considerably I would assume.  I'm not sure he will even be there for us in the 1st.  Look at the 1st round TEs taken in last years draft and Mike G put up better numbers than them all (overall).  His 3 cone, and 60 yard shuttle times are very impressive for his size and position. 

8 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

So this kid is obviously a beast. Did anyone else notice the absolute chicken legs on the kid though.

i don’t know if that means anything, but I just saw and immediately though “what is this kids injury history”.

Those chicken legs ran the fastest 40 and jumped an outstanding 41" vertical today. 

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He has crazy catch radius and jump. Not the fastest TE this year butI would be happy to get him or Hurst.

Huh?? He ran a 4.54 40... which was tied for best at the combine.

The guy who tied him was Jaylen Samuels who is 20lbs lighter & built more like a H-Back than a TE.

The next closest time for TEs was 4.67, which is a considerable difference from what Gesicki ran.

Mike Gesicki might not have Vernon Davis speed, but he is far & away the fastest true TE in this class.