Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Vita Vea vs Tim Settle

63 posts in this topic

For the ppl who have watched both .... Is there a big difference to you ?

Before I give my opinion I want to hear what some of you think

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think Veas more athletic than Settle and I also think for a big guy Vea has the conditioning advantage aswell.

Well im talking about more on the field play .... I agree Vea is athletically ultra gifted ... My thing is... I like Settle first step and burst off the line more ... 

I have some more thoughts on this but i didnt bring this up because i want to start a who is better....  I bring this up because most likely vea is going top 10-15 ... and Settle is going late first to 2nd round ...

Just interested  in yalls opinion on the 2

Slappywhite likes this

23 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Well im talking about more on the field play .... I agree Vea is athletically ultra gifted ... My thing is... I like Settle first step and burst off the line more ... 

I have some more thoughts on this but i didnt bring this up because i want to start a who is better....  I bring this up because most likely vea is going top 10-15 ... and Settle is going late first to 2nd round ...

Just interested  in yalls opinion on the 2

I have also red Settle has had issues with conditioning and keeping his weight where it should be.

Playing wise from what I have seen he plays with very good leverage has great hand usage.

To me he just young man if he can control the above mentioned and keep growing he can be very good.

22 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I have also red Settle has had issues with conditioning and keeping his weight where it should be.

Playing wise from what I have seen he plays with very good leverage has great hand usage.

To me he just young man if he can control the above mentioned and keep growing he can be very good.

Well he is 20 .... the year before last year he was heavy as a heavy rotation guy.... this past year he played starter snaps... with no problem around 330.... I think he is around 320 now at the combine

kiwifalcon likes this

59 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Vita will be gone, so i focused more on Settle. The way Quinn keeps them fresh with the rotation, i think Settle can be as effective as Vita.

Totally agree with this ,  I think  both will beast if they can push themselves away from the dinner table ,  

papachaz likes this

You can't move Vea. He is Haloti Ngata Jr. Big men like him shouldn't move like that. It's a huge difference imo. I like Settle now. But Vita Vea is the number one player on my board for Atl. I expect Vea to get All Pro votes his second season 

57 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Totally agree with this ,  I think  both will beast if they can push themselves away from the dinner table ,  

Lol. Vita is athletic at that size though

6 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Vea got 41 reps on the bench press. Apparently the Falcons interviewed him.

Saw that, **** impressive for a man his size

Expect him to be among our private workouts and our private visits

Slappywhite, kiwifalcon and atljbo like this

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Saw that, **** impressive for a man his size

Expect him to be among our private workouts and our private visits

in this draft ... he will go top 15

30 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Trade up is he worthy wow.

If they get FB G TE in FA.

It could be on and blow the board up in the process lol.

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Good lord... what are these kids eating nowadays. 

52 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Vea in first, Settle in second.

Maybe trade with the giants our 1St and extra 7th for their 1st

53 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Harrison Phillips is our 1st round pick...he just bossed his BP workout...had over 100 tackles this past season, is solid in both pass/run games...He will test off the charts in Quinn's 'toughness" categories...

Vea wont make it past 15

Hey harrison Phillips is nice in like him as well as Bryan from Florida.  But I wouldn't mine Phillips.  Maybe Vea will fall to the 20's.

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

What do we have to give up to move up to get him(Vea)

Depends on how high we'd have to go

For reference, the Redskins have been rumored to be looking to move down. They have pick #13.

Last year, the Chiefs moved from 27 to 10 with Buffalo, and had to give up their 1st, 3rd, and this year's 1st. Meanwhile, the Texans moved up to 12 from 25 with Cleveland, and gave their 1st, and this year's 1st. Keep in mind however, that both moves were for QBs, so the asking price goes up, and when the buyer is put in a place where they, for all intents and purposes, have to make the trade, then the seller gets to set the asking price.

All in all, assuming we have no one to compete with for such a trade, moving that high up would likely cost us "at least" our 1st and our 2nd, unless they'd be wiling to take our 3rd or 4th this year, and our 2nd next year, this assuming that we would be unwilling to part with next year's 1st (I assume).