Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Atlanta United March Thread

112 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

That would be a huge signing.

Yep we need this defense depth. Unless it's a coincidence I have to imagine he's attending tomorrow's game. Hope we spare no bells or whistles 

So thoughts on that first half

What a shyt early call on that rescinded red card, that was barley even a foul but for the follow through

That Gressel goal was huge. huge. huge

Kinda seems like we're playing down to 10 min when we're on possesion. Miles Robinson has given us some huge blocks so far on D  but you can tell we have no interest at getting him involved in anyway from the back except at absolute need. The speed of LAFC is giving the young prospect trouble when it comes to putting the ball back in play and he's sent some absolute ducks back at Guzan. In his defense though making your first start against a front 3 like LAFC is alot to ask and he's otherwise looked pretty good. (Had a really bad moment where he kept a player onside but recovered nicely)

Josef is getting absolutely beat up and not at all legally and this ref after immediately thinking red 30 seconds in won't  even see a yellow, he's  (the ref) absolutely in over his head out there.<_< Letting then play when he probably shouldn't and blowing it dead on a few good tackles.

I almost feel bad for LAFC lol. They've fallen apart since Zlatan

But holy shyt we just got a clean sheet against one of the most dangerous attacks in MLS w/ our backup defense 

JerseyNo12 likes this

Great win. Looked for a minute that LAFC was gaining some ground. Didn't like how AUFC was allowing LA to consistently have possession in their own half of the field for the latter part of the first half and about halfway through the second. But usually with this team, once the goals come they keep pouring it on.

It may just be me but I've noticed that they are playing faster. The passes and movement is more precise and deliberate. Guys are actually running at defenders and they're more decisive. That first goal was a great example of Parkhurst (who I didnt know had it in him) breaking down the defense and getting them backpedaling, drew a crowd to Almiron who parlayed the ball beautifully across the face of goal for a wide open Gressel who hardly misses. Darlington Nagbe played a great game. He was aggressive and charging after loose balls and I think the midfield really benefited from his presence.

Defense has really stepped it up the last two weeks. I think last week's win really boosted their confidence. They are more disciplined and smarter in and around the box. 

Still much room for improvement, but I like the progress they're making.

LAFC has an impressive attack, but if they can't stop anyone from scoring it's gonna be a long season for them.

Can't wait to see Barco on the field next week.

AF89 likes this