Maurice Hurst

16 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Man I feel for guys that are diagnosed with a medical condition at such a pivotal point in their lives. Depending on what the diagnosis is I'd still take a flyer on him but maybe not a 1st.

Worked their whole lives to get to this point....

There is little mentioned about the type of heart condition he has.  If it is an arrhythmia (irregular heart beat), then some of these can be treated successfully.  

Wait and see.  It's unfortunate for him, because he was a legitimate first rounder.  This will likely push him into day 2 or 3.  

18 hours ago, AndySG said:

Scary stuff, but Star Lotulelei had similar, still ended up being drafted top 15 and is going to get paid in FA. 

Yeah right. Both Star and Fairley was flagged by the combine doctors but was cleared by the Carolina and Detroit team doctors. Theoretically, all it takes is for an interested teams medical staff to clear you and feel comfortable enough to draft you - which is still possible depending on what further test may find.

The most important thing though is his health. I hope things work out for him.