Ed Dickson?

2 hours ago, quickzero said:

I actually think Ed is decent. We wouldn't bring him to start anyway.

He is decent. He’s been backing up Greg Olson so of course he didn’t get a lot of snaps, but when Olson went down he played well. That’s what you want from a backup. 

He would also just be a short term player, but he could step right in and help if needed. Not sure what some expect really. 

Dickson would provide a little more versatility than Toilolo but with a cheaper price tag. Decent option to have while Hooper and possibly Saubert and a draft pick continue to develop. I would be on board with this if it happened.  

Toilolo was ok but his ability as a blocker is overrated by this board and he was never much of a threat as a receiver. . 

8 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

No, thank you. Unproven youth over old and mediocre any day.

I remember we were rumored to have tried to trade for him when he was headed out of Baltimore. During the draft I believe. Didn't want him then.

It's like some of your forget the position we're in. This ain't the season heading into to 2008 or 2015 where we need to see what we have in young guys. Everyone knows what's on the line for us at the end of the year. Bringing in a guy who's proven he can step in when one of the better TEs in the league goes down as our #3 TE on a cheap deal is nothing but a good thing.

When the playoffs start, I'd much rather have a guy who's been there many times than some nervous young dude who may false start or run the wrong route.

He'd be our # 3 TE people. #3. Relax.

12 hours ago, gazoo said:

He is decent. He’s been backing up Greg Olson so of course he didn’t get a lot of snaps, but when Olson went down he played well. That’s what you want from a backup. 

He would also just be a short term player, but he could step right in and help if needed. Not sure what some expect really. 

Our team is pretty good already so shoring up some smaller roles will be good over the long haul. TE2 and TE3 can be fixed quite easily this off season. 

4 hours ago, stizz said:

It's like some of your forget the position we're in. This ain't the season heading into to 2008 or 2015 where we need to see what we have in young guys. Everyone knows what's on the line for us at the end of the year. Bringing in a guy who's proven he can step in when one of the better TEs in the league goes down as our #3 TE on a cheap deal is nothing but a good thing.

When the playoffs start, I'd much rather have a guy who's been there many times than some nervous young dude who may false start or run the wrong route.

He'd be our # 3 TE people. #3. Relax.

Who is #2? Saubert?

8 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Who is #2? Saubert?

I see Saubert and Gray battling out just to be on the roster. I think you'll see two TEs brought in. A mid rounder plus a vet gives us good options for those 3rd downs when Julio pulls himself/is taken out of the game.

14 hours ago, gazoo said:

Tony Gonzalez and or a guy that fills sportscenter highlight reels is what fans expect.Superstars at every position an all star team of soughts.