March 2018 UGA Recruiting Thread

LawDawg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude has a good top 3

From Kipp

FORT MYERS, FLA. -- Four-star defensive lineman Derick Hunter (Fort Myers, Fla./Dunbar) figures to be one of the more entertaining recruits in the 2019 cycle. The 6-foot-4, 280-pound junior is coveted throughout the Southeast, and Hunter joined vsporto's SEC Recruiting Buzz this week to detail his recruitment.

"It is all Georgia, everyone else is chasing," Hunter said. "Georgia (is No. 2). Dawgs (are closest to catching Georgia).  The Dawgs."

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

On Warchant they said Hunter was a silent to FSU. But they also said that about Dontae Lucas and I was told that was a lie 

They also said Justin Fields was definitely going to FSU because of Jimbo. I think that counts as a big 0 for 2 on that one. :lol: 

12 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

On Warchant they said Hunter was a silent to FSU. But they also said that about Dontae Lucas and I was told that was a lie 

Yeah fsu guys are quite funny.  Their recruiting guys are blowing smoke up their tails on a bunch of guys.  Regarding hunter nothing he says publicly i would believe.  He loves playing the game and guys like that you will never know until he signs his loi.  Lots of staff will feel good about him.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yeah fsu guys are quite funny.  Their recruiting guys are blowing smoke up their tails on a bunch of guys.  Regarding hunter nothing he says publicly i would believe.  He loves playing the game and guys like that you will never know until he signs his loi.  Lots of staff will feel good about him.

So true about FSU and Hunter. 

When I was in high school people did look like this at 17.  Dude just put up numbers that beat most of those at the combine.  Glad he is all Dawg.  Anyone else think he looks like a certain Denver Broncos pass rusher?

https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Recruiting-5-star-UGA-commit-Nolan-Smith-posts-10-foot-5-broad-jump-115931618

rAfeqmtc.jpg

Five-star Nolan Smith (Savannah, Ga./IMG Academy) was a standout performer in last year's Opening Finals in Beaverton, Oreg.  Smith is hoping to earn an invite to this year's event, which will be held for the first time at the AT&T stadium in Frisco, Texas.

In the video below, posted by Smith on his personal Instagram account, the 6-foot-3, 232-pound junior is seen practicing his broad jump, along with some performance stats.

A 10-foot-5 broad jump would be second-best among edge rushers in last weekend's NFL Scouting Combine, behind former Georgia standout Lorenzo Carter's 10-foot, 10-inch jump. Last February, Smith measured in at 6-3, 223 pounds and posted a 4.59-second 40-yard dash and a 4.34 short shuttle. Smith is ranked as the nation's No. 5 overall prospect for the 2019 class and has been committed to Georgia since January 29, 2017.

Edited by Falconsin2012

On 3/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, LawDawg said:

Not much seems to be going on in March. Itching for a commitment. I thought there were some rumblings about Marshall committing soon.

Been a bunch of kids visiting UGA but not much to report on. It’s that time of year where offers are going out like crazy and I’m kinda waiting to see how the board shapes up. 

I’m really looking forward to the Pruitt stories, personally. :munch:

I'm feeling pretty good about the odds of UGA landing top rated recruits these days. Why wouldn't they! Huge fan base, National recognition and players going high in the draft, not to mention we are legitimate contenders now. Arrow is pointing up!

Other notables include Myles Hinton at 10, Arik Gilbert at 11, Myles Murphy at 34, OT Broderick Jones of Lithonia at 35, and BJ Ojulari at 41

Some big moves as Kobe Hudson drops all the way to 52

Tank Bigsby slots in at 58, Tate Ratledge at 65, Harrison Bailey at 68, Max Johnson at 66, DT Jamil Borroughs of McEachern at 87, Jake Wray at 90, Sergio Allen at 91, CB Javier Morton of Stephenson at 92

Edited by VA F.O.