Guard-Billy Price

26 minutes ago, Falcon Blitz said:

#OSU OL Billy Price suffered an apparent chest or shoulder injury during his bench press at the Combine. Not good.

Projected top 15 pick could we draft him in the 2nd and stash him?

Probably best to wait for official word on what the injury was, but the initial word seems to be a torn pectoral. If that's the case, he's most likely gonna have to redshirt his rookie year. No reason to take a guy who isn't going to play with a 2nd round pick when there will certainly be other players available who are on or near the same talent level & are able to make an immediate impact.

If Price slips tpo the 3rd or 4th, sure... but no way in heII would I give up a 2nd.

I'd take him in the 3rd in a heart beat. Bring in a FA guard and then move said FA guard over to left guard next after cutting levitre. (Sp) then plug Price into the lineup next season. I've been looking at Price and the more I look-see the more I like. Sucks for him- he is as good looking prospect that there is in this draft.

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Probably best to wait for official word on what the injury was, but the initial word seems to be a torn pectoral. If that's the case, he's most likely gonna have to redshirt his rookie year. No reason to take a guy who isn't going to play with a 2nd round pick when there will certainly be other players available who are on or near the same talent level & are able to make an immediate impact.

If Price slips tpo the 3rd or 4th, sure... but no way in heII would I give up a 2nd.

If the Falcons had extra picks, I might want them to think about picking him late 2nd, but the Falcons have been short as it is on success on 2nd day picks.

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Thought he was overrated anyway.

Liked frank ragnow and James Daniels better later on in draft.

Man I just happend to go have a quick look at these guys and I thought Price was the most physical of the 3.Daniels looked the least polished and Ragnow looked the technician of the 3.

To be honest if I were to have a G of the 3 I'd take Price.

I saw Ragnow in 1 game where he had a chance to blast a LBer and he kinda hugged him I was like WTF,I didn't like that he pulled a great distance to hug the guy.

Daniels from what I saw on the move missed a few targets on the 2nd level he's a good mover but I didn't like seeing those misses.

Price in the phone booth at G is who I'd have but because of his physicality,mind you after the injury yikes and throw in Wynns 8 reps and injury man teams are back to the tape if there taking Price or Wynn.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Man I just happend to go have a quick look at these guys and I thought Price was the most physical of the 3.Daniels looked the least polished and Ragnow looked the technician of the 3.

I saw Ragnow in 1 game where he had a chance to blast a LBer and he kinda hugged him I was like WTF,I didn't like that he pulled a great distance to hug the guy.

Daniels from what I saw on the move missed a few targets on the 2nd level he's a good mover but I didn't like seeing those misses.

Price in the phone booth at G is who I'd have but because of his physicality,mind you after the injury yikes and throw in Wynns 8 reps and injury man teams are back to the tape if there taking Price or Wynn.

Wynns 8 reps??

9 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Falcons met with James Daniels at the combine. He seems to project well in an outside zone scheme both at guard or a center. 

Could play guard ... Learn from one of the best centers in the league then take over the center spot when Mack hang it up.

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

Thought he was overrated anyway.

Liked frank ragnow and James Daniels better later on in draft.

That was my understanding. Rumor mill said that his draft stock would probably drop anyway. Some of the mocks had him going early 2nd round, now maybe later.

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Everyone needs to just STOP with the pizz/moan about Wynn’s injury.  First he dominated at the Senior Bowl while playing with the injury and secondly it’s a torn labrum- after our experiences watching Beasley and Takk, we should all be comfortable at this point with the recovery from that type injury.

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

I have been reading about Daniels lately and he seems like a fit.  

My biggest concern with Daniels is he is a little light in the pants at 295.   Just don’t want to add another underpowered guy in the middle while Quinn is talking about running it in from five yard line when the defense knows we are gonna run.   Don’t want Calais Campbell to rag doll Daniels the way he did Joe Hawley.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Everyone needs to just STOP with the pizz/moan about Wynn’s injury.  First he dominated at the Senior Bowl while playing with the injury and secondly it’s a torn labrum- after our experiences watching Beasley and Takk, we should all be comfortable at this point with the recovery from that type injury.

I hear you on the injury.

With Poe now gone for sure...injury or not on Wynn, I’m more confident we’ll go DT with that pick. 

Partial pec tear, surgery likely, 4 months to full recovery, in time for camp.  I like Price a lot, but then I'm a Buckeye.  He could be very good for my Bucs in the second, but I suspect they'll project stronger needs at other positions and he'll be gone when their third rolls around.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:47 PM, Falcon Blitz said:

#OSU OL Billy Price suffered an apparent chest or shoulder injury during his bench press at the Combine. Not good.

Projected top 15 pick could we draft him in the 2nd and stash him?

PRI e isn't going  top 15or ever was. Only a so e scheme offense would draft him as a guard in the first. Online cincy could arguably draft hi. That high but they would trade down.  Billy Price in 2nd if healthy no. Were going to draft wynn  or hernandez in first price in the third you draft because he is the next mack. Be stupid not to draft a future allpro at center when his first season mack will be 31. That's why I want  og-c.

kidbrokekeyboard

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
kidbrokekey

57 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

PRI e isn't going  top 15or ever was. Only a so e scheme offense would draft him as a guard in the first. Online cincy could arguably draft hi. That high but they would trade down.  Billy Price in 2nd if healthy no. Were going to draft wynn  or hernandez in first price in the third you draft because he is the next mack. Be stupid not to draft a future allpro at center when his first season mack will be 31. That's why I want  og-c.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you tried to type this on your phone quickly.   LOL, your English teacher is rolling her eyes at you.