UGABOZ

Ryan 30 mill a year really?

139 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

That’s the market right now.  Ryan is an MVP.  In a few years when some of these mediocre starters are getting $35-40mm it’ll look like a bargain.

I found it surprising to see how many Patriots players took a pay cut last year just to stay on the team.. And Amidola saying today he's willing to take a even greater pay cut to return.. Say what you want, but they have a good organization evidently.. 

11 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I found it surprising to see how many Patriots players took a pay cut last year just to stay on the team.. And Amidola saying today he's willing to take a even greater pay cut to return.. Say what you want, but they have a good organization evidently.. 

It's almost like a cult.

16 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Winning does that.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

I don’t know what people were thinking what was going to happen after he added NFL MVP to his resume.

MVPs are expensive.  They need to get his contract done before Rogers but I’m sure Ryan’s agent isn’t in any hurry.

Absolute likes this

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t know what people were thinking what was going to happen after he added NFL MVP to his resume.

MVPs are expensive.  They need to get his contract done before Rogers but I’m sure Ryan’s agent isn’t in any hurry.

Brees, Rodgers and Ryan all have the same agent.

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Brees, Rodgers and Ryan all have the same agent.

Good.  

Then New Orleans may not be getting as big of a discount as they thought.   I would say home town but I think Brees splits time between San Diego and really who could blame him...

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Good.  

Then New Orleans may not be getting as big of a discount as they thought.   I would say home town but I think Brees splits time between San Diego and really who could blame him...

Yeah. Tom Condon sure got Alex Smith a good deal. He was agent for Peyton Manning and also Eli Manning. It would be interesting to see how it plays out for Brees.

Better hope the Packers don't bow down to Godgers and give him something ridiculous like 33 - 35 mill a year. He could probably get that if he wanted it and he seems to have the ego for it.

And that would easily cinch 30 mill a year for Ryan.

Edited by middlegatv

12 minutes ago, athell said:

Another Ryan money thread.  Yay.

Hope mods start closing these stupid *** threads down.

Well it’s all entertainment 

None of those 3 Condon guys are going to take much less than market value. They would all get more if they hit the open market but that's not going to happen.

Brees is too big in the union to take a big discount. His deal affects other QBs. If he takes $20m, that is leverage/precedent for other owners to use in negotiations (team friendly/age)

Condon sees it the same way for his clients. He has to maximize Brees' value to the Saints, and then use the same arguments the Saints were using against Brees (age) to maximize Ryan/Rodgers. Condon says "Brees is older & didn't take a Htown discount so why should they".

Edited by jeffro2000

4 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So, how many?  Who else did?  Other than Brady which gets brought up all the time, and also ends up getting his contracts almost fully guaranteed around age 40.

As for Amendola, he's about a 600 yd, 2-3 TD receiver in the Patriots system.  It's not like he's forgoing some huge payday elsewhere.  It's "take a pay cut or be cut and make about the same elsewhere".

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

So, how many?  Who else did?  Other than Brady which gets brought up all the time, and also ends up getting his contracts almost fully guaranteed around age 40.

As for Amendola, he's about a 600 yd, 2-3 TD receiver in the Patriots system.  It's not like he's forgoing some huge payday elsewhere.  It's "take a pay cut or be cut and make about the same elsewhere".

Rob Ninkovich, Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Jamie Collins, Tom Brady 

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡
Flying Falcon likes this

25 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Rob Ninkovich, Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Jamie Collins, Tom Brady 

Okay, so you said last year.  Last year, Ninkovich retired before the season, Gronk got incentives that actually would pay him more for performing, Edelman got a new deal where he was a $7.4 million cap hit, Jamie Collins had long been traded to the Browns, and I'll concede Tom Brady.

A bunch of BS there.

11 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

We were thinking SB win.  Not out of the possibility but the less good players you can sign up, the less likely it is.

5 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Okay, so you said last year.  Last year, Ninkovich retired before the season, Gronk got incentives that actually would pay him more for performing, Edelman got a new deal where he was a $7.4 million cap hit, Jamie Collins had long been traded to the Browns, and I'll concede Tom Brady.

A bunch of BS there.

Also want to point out that before cuts we only were like 4 million above where the Patriots were in terms of cap space so...yea...