Jets released Muhammed Wilkerson.

falcons007

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Only on a 1 year deal like Poe was on.

Love Wilkerson but I love me some Grady Jarrett more and if they can get Taven Bryan and keep Rubin in house I think the interior here is pretty set.At this stage I'm not expecting Poe to be back.

Oh yeah for sure, I would not sign him to some monster contract.  A Poe-like contract from last year?  Abso-freaking-lutely.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Sign him for a 1-2 year deal, Wilkerson is a monster in the middle. 

I'd let some other team overpay him and the Jets have released him at the right time they know they can't keep him and someone out there will lash the cash for this guy.I don't think it'll be us.

Only way he comes is if he's there in week 2 of FA once all the smoke has cleared.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

I'd let some other team overpay him and the Jets have released him at the right time they know they can't keep him and someone out there will lash the cash for this guy.I don't think it'll be us.

Only way he comes is if he's there in week 2 of FA once all the smoke has cleared.

I doubt if Poe and Wilkerson are signed before the draft. There are other options at DT and expect Beanie Logan to hit the FA as well. 

Wilkerson is going to get a bigger deal than Poe.  The Jets just had to cut him because his cap hit was going to be $20 mil this year apparently and apparently he wasn't a fan of coming to work on time, and the Jets didn't like that out of their 17 mil a year player.

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I doubt if Poe and Wilkerson are signed before the draft. There are other options at DT and expect Beanie Logan to hit the FA as well. 

Yep but that's why I'm not touching any of these guys Poe included.For what we want we basically need a NT that can play 30% of snaps and hence why I believe you keep Rubin let Poe test the waters and bring in another DT 1st or 2nd round.

Bryan is that guy if you want interior penetration he's the guy put him next to Jarrett for the majority of the time with Takk and Beasley now you got a true pass rushing front.

20 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Wilkerson is going to get a bigger deal than Poe.  The Jets just had to cut him because his cap hit was going to be $20 mil this year apparently and apparently he wasn't a fan of coming to work on time, and the Jets didn't like that out of their 17 mil a year player.

Probably.  But he is also a known slacker and not a team player so his market may not be nearly as much.

29 minutes ago, hjerry said:

If the reports about him being a locker room problem, and not giving effort anymore once he got paid, I'm sure We'll steer clear, but otherwise I'd be interested.

I thought those reports were for Sheldon Richardson not  Wilkerson. 

at the end of the day ... i think DQ is cool with having a guy who stops the run and another guy to rush the passer... Everybody want that one compete beast ... if we draft him cool.... but i think Coach is good with guys for each role