Who's your surprise/wildcard pick at 26

Mine is CB Carlton Davis and here's why. It depends on FA. If we can restructure Levitre and sign Hubbard to replace Schweitzer, then we can afford to take Davis at 26. Move Alford to NB. Instant upgrade from Poole. 2nd rd maybe WR (Miller/Chark). 3rd rd DT (Hill/Jones).

OL is set, NB upgraded, slot receiver, and rotational DT. Davis is a physical long CB like DQ loves. He's my surprise pick. But like I said we would have to start in FA by signing Hubbard tho.

2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Call it a hunch, also based on what they have done in the past, but with all the rumors of who they are targetting in free agency and them not keeping Poe, were not picking at 26, willing to bet we trade up get one of the top DTs coming out, maybe even Vea.

Every year man, every year, hear the same things on this board

These guys thinking we're going offense in round 1 are fooling themselves. This defense is far from finished. 

Consdering we like Versatility a ton and we could find a BPA dropping to us i could see a rand pick like Derwin James being a selection.  He could be good depth and possible starter at multiple positions at Safety or LB.  Also gives us leverage on a contract with Rico although he wouldn't be my 1st choice it's something that could be a possiblity if a top 10 to 15 guy dropped that far.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:33 PM, hjerry said:

Every year man, every year, hear the same things on this board

These guys thinking we're going offense in round 1 are fooling themselves. This defense is far from finished. 

IMO I’d prefer a proven commodity at OG via FA anyway. Let our youth learn and grow but get the job done now with proven bet talent on OL. We’ve seen what happens without it.