Takk or OJ Howard

FalconsIn2012

Seems like a complete no brainer to me.  Despite the fact OJ Howard was picked much higher, I’m sticking with Takk.  For some reason Vaughn McClure has us taking Howard in this redraft.

ESPN’s Vaughn McClure passed over Takkarist McKinley for an offensive weapon.

Player I would select now: TE O.J. Howard. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with sticking with McKinley here, and he has a bright future as he continues to develop his pass-rush skills. But for the sake of having fun with this project, Howard is a tight end the Falcons liked during the draft process and spent some time with along the way.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/2/26/17053402/atlanta-falcons-select-a-tight-end-in-espns-2017-redraft-oj-howard-takk-mckinley

Edited by Falconsin2012

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Seems like a complete no brainer to me.  Despite the fact OJ Howard was picked much higher, I’m sticking with Takk.  For some reason Vaughn McClure has us taking Howard in this redraft.

Player I would select now: TE O.J. Howard. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with sticking with McKinley here, and he has a bright future as he continues to develop his pass-rush skills. But for the sake of having fun with this project, Howard is a tight end the Falcons liked during the draft process and spent some time with along the way.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/2/26/17053402/atlanta-falcons-select-a-tight-end-in-espns-2017-redraft-oj-howard-takk-mckinley

There's the reason.

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If Shanahan was still here oj 100 percent..kyle would scheme the **** outta him and add hooper with that my god.but I'm super happy with takk and he's gonna do nothing but get better with time.

If the Falcons had drafted a TE in the 1st Round last year, after spending a 3rd round pick the year before on a TE, this board would have been livid.

Takk was also a great safety pick for the Falcons as they did not have to introduce him to the starting lineup immediately (based on his injuries) and were able to ease him slowly during 2017.

5 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Takk was ridiculously good for a rookie and is already our best pass rusher by a fair margin 

I may agree in 12 months...but not just yet.  For some reason Quinn decided to test out a new role for the reigning sack king, Vic Beasley. He gets a pass for last year IMO.  But both could be very special players for the Falcons

33 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I may agree in 12 months...but not just yet.  For some reason Quinn decided to test out a new role for the reigning sack king, Vic Beasley. He gets a pass for last year IMO.  But both could be very special players for the Falcons

Vic still got his snaps at DE in nickel. He just had an additional role of SAM in base, didn’t reduce his pass rush snaps