This may just help us move the ball better on offense

57 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I’m actually glad to hear him say it . Him standing by & watching 28-3 happen and the last series of our playoff game this past season struck me as him being oblivious to what’s happening infront of him. Hopefully he’s learned .  

How do you guys come up with this stuff....

22 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

How do you guys come up with this stuff....

Easy.. up 25 points in the SB & let the OC stay in attack mode with half the OL & #2 RB sidelined.... said nothing .

Ran the ball all the way down to the goal line in the divisional round of a playoff game. Let the OC throw it 3 straight times with a trip to the NFCCG on the line .. said nothing . 

Thats how .. is that simple enough ? Or is this too critical to be understood ?

Dan Quinn was brought in to fix our defense. You can't expect a defensive minded coach to override Kyle Shanahan as good as he was in 2016. If you want to blame Quinn for anything I would point to the defense not being able to stop a 2 point conversion or make one more play. The defense should have been well rested from one hour halftime break. Maybe at the start of the 4th quarter Dan Quinn could have given all the defense players a 5 hour energy to give them a second wind but than they would probably be jumping offsides every other play. :)

9 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Dan Quinn was brought in to fix our defense. You can't expect a defensive minded coach to override Kyle Shanahan as good as he was in 2016. If you want to blame Quinn for anything I would point to the defense not being able to stop a 2 point conversion or make one more play. The defense should have been well rested from one hour halftime break. Maybe at the start of the 4th quarter Dan Quinn could have given all the defense players a 5 hour energy to give them a second wind but than they would probably be jumping offsides every other play. :)

It Cleveland Mike Pettine interjected himself on play calls when Shanahan was the OC and he's a defensive minded coach. I think Dan should be able to do the same thing.

It's impossible to look at a coach and know what he's thinking, but I will say this about the subject:

I remember way back when Mike Smith was coach, he was miked up one game, and toward the end, when the Falcons had the ball, Smith hollered into his headset   (I assume to Dirk Koetter)  at least three times....'RUN THE BALL........RUN THE BALL.......RUN THE F-ING BALL'

How things could've been different if Quinn had had the awareness to do that on 1st-and-10 at the Patriot 22 with less than 4 minutes left. 

But again...none of us on this little message board can say with any proof what Dan Quinn is thinking at any particular time. 

Just now, octoslash said:

It's impossible to look at a coach and know what he's thinking, but I will say this about the subject:

I remember way back when Mike Smith was coach, he was miked up one game, and toward the end, when the Falcons had the ball, Smith hollered into his headset   (I assume to Dirk Koetter)  at least three times....'RUN THE BALL........RUN THE BALL.......RUN THE F-ING BALL'

How things could've been different if Quinn had had the awareness to do that on 1st-and-10 at the Patriot 22 with less than 4 minutes left. 

But again...none of us on this little message board can say with any proof what Dan Quinn was thinking at any particular time. 

The obvious counterpoint is Mike Smith was so conservative it cost us at least 1 SB appearance...

Just now, octoslash said:

True enough...I'm not saying this as a Smitty vs Quinn.

Nah, it's all good, I get you and you are right.  You would think after Carroll's misstep against the Pats in the SB, DQ would have noticed and filed that one away on the importance of running in key situations in the waning moments of a SB...but it happened...then it happened again in Philly...so it took him 3 pretty large screw ups to come to this realization.

At least he did...?

Just now, athell said:

Nah, it's all good, I get you and you are right.  You would think after Carroll's misstep against the Pats in the SB, DQ would have noticed and filed that one away on the importance of running in key situations in the waning moments of a SB...but it happened...then it happened again in Philly...so it took him 3 pretty large screw ups to come to this realization.

At least he did...?

He does seem to be into the continuous improvement type philosophy; let's just hope he practices it himself.  After three years at the helm, he (please god) should be wiser and more proactive in-game. 

11 minutes ago, jay1k2 said:

It Cleveland Mike Pettine interjected himself on play calls when Shanahan was the OC and he's a defensive minded coach. I think Dan should be able to do the same thing.

Exactly @athell so maybe y’all are the crazy ones. Instead of making excuses for why the HC why not hold him accountable for every group instead of just the defense. He isn’t just the defensive coordination ya know? He’s equally responsible for Offense, Defense & Special Teams . 

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Exactly @athell so maybe y’all are the crazy ones. Instead of making excuses for why the HC why not hold him accountable for every group instead of just the defense. He isn’t just the defensive coordination ya know? He’s equally responsible for Offense, Defense & Special Teams . 

Who is making excuses for the HC?  I certainly am not.

I love how when a objective point is made a few will demonize it as being radical or something out of the ordinary when the proof is there . DQ watched Pete blow a SB, then he blew a SB of his own, then watched the season go up in smokes because he didn’t intervene 2 years in a row .. but when you bring up these points people will act as if you pulled the thought of could he possibly be “oblivious” to what’s going on out of your *** . :ninja::lol:

13 minutes ago, high impact said:

At the end of the day Quinn is the head coach. If the stench is coming from the OC or DC in the form of bad play calling and Quinn does not step in and add his helpful guidance then he is not being the head coach. 

This this this .. couldn’t have said it better myself. I don’t wear black & red glasses & I’m definitely not a homer. DQ is a good coach but he has a lot of work to do. Great is & always will be the evil of the good.. SB51 is the ultimate example of this. Gotta be great to win the big one.. SB52 is the example of that, It’s plenty of good HCs out there, I don’t want DQ to get lost in that wash. 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

31 minutes ago, athell said:

Quinn said he would do just that right after the Philly game.

I could see bad things happening in two minute situations and unnecessarily using time outs if they don’t figure this out quickly.

I mean not everyone is going to be lucky as Petine was and have Mike Smith on the other side stopping the clock for you.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Or he could have use all his three TO in OT, one every two plays. Defense could have use some rest. He kept all of them for... What?

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The head coach has overall game management responsibilities.  That means he has to be able to give general guidance, like RUN THE F'ING BALL, to the OC when the situation calls for it.